Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
What a fun tradition! Glad you were able to get a good appointment time!
Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine877 View Post
You really can't tell that the Snow White pajamas are PJs but I don't see it on the Disney Store site any longer. Hopefully you saw it when I posted previously. But perhaps your local store would have one. They do have other princess nightgowns that their reviews state are also used for dressup.
Our Disney store closed a couple years back so it's much harder the get the good deals I did once upon a time. There is one an hour or so away. I'll try to hit that one when I take my DH to his next eye dr appointment...in about a month.

I really have my eye on the Rapunzel wedding dress...not in love with the price, but the dress is beautiful and she can get a few uses out of it.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
vleeth
I heart Disney

Our first full day in Orlando will consist of breakfast in our cheap motel. I am packing sample boxes of cereal and we will have an ice chest in the car, so I will freeze milk and take it with us. If I don't break down and tell Hope we're staying 'at' Disney before we go, I may tell her that morning. I can't really decide what to do. Maybe I'll just play it by ear.

Then we will check out and head to All Stars Movies. I'm sure it will be fairly early and our rooms won't be ready. If the weather is forcasted to be warm, I will pack swimsuits where we can get to them easily because I know Hope will be ready for

I'm thinking about striking a deal with Dave that says I'll ride Mission:Space with her if he swims with her...think he'll go for it?

Anywho, I'm getting ahead of myself, because even if it is warm enough that day, it probably won't be warm enough that morning. Besides...I have a touring plan...lol. Well not a real touring plan. After we check in, we will head to the bus and get on either Epcot or Magic Kingdom (whichever gets there first) and then get on the monorail to the Contemporary for lunch. After we fill our bellies with our first free meal, it will be on to the Grand Floridian to see the Christmas decorations.

If the weather is good we will head back to the hotel so Hope can swim. If not, it will be on to DTD where we will do some shopping, take some "we take these every trip photos" and maybe hit up Goofy's for our first free snack.

Either way we'll go to Mass that evening and have dinner at the hotel so we can go to bed early...we'll need to be up and ready early to head to Magic Kingdom.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I stayed at Movies last year....It's a fun place. This sounds like a good day and not to over stimulating. I think it's a good start.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #34
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I stayed at Movies last year....It's a fun place. This sounds like a good day and not to over stimulating. I think it's a good start.
Thanks. Hope has got sick on our last long trip. I'm trying to make sure she gets enough rest this trip.

What building did you get at Movies?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #35
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

I think I would take mission space over swimming...great deal, hope he goes for it!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #36
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

you might get lucky with your check in. Spoiler but we did last year.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #37
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
I think I would take mission space over swimming...great deal, hope he goes for it!
I'll try to remember to bring it up and see what he says...of course, he probably won't remember agreeing to it later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
you might get lucky with your check in. Spoiler but we did last year.
Oooooh...it would be nice to get all unpacked early on check-in day. How early did you get in? Did you make any requests?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #38
vleeth
I heart Disney

First I want to say that DH went for it! He is totally on board with me riding the stuff she wants to try and he doesn't want to do again and him swimming with her if its reasonably warm. Yay!!!

Now back to the touring plan and our first day at the parks.

On Sunday the 25th, the plan is to get up, have breakfast in the food court and wait for the bus to Magic Kingdom!
(Please note everything I say is subject to change!)

Random pic of me walking to Magic Kingdom...

and here's hoping its not that cold on any of our days this trip!

Anywho, we will try to get in early for our 9:00 Harmony appointment

Once Hope gets dolled up it will be off to meet Rapunzel.

Then down Main Street to take Photopass pics and to get this photo

except with Christmas decorations!!! I wasn't really into the Halloween stuff everywhere when we went last time because it was mid-September and we weren't doing MNSSHso it was just a little odd to me.

Here is a photo of a random couple getting engaged when were walking into Magic Kingdom.

Then Hope's first ride on BTMR, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, hoping to catch Pirate Goofy, Aladdin, Splash (if its warm enough). Followed by lunch at Peco's Bills. Gotta have that cheese sauce to drip our fries in!

Then, with our bellies full we'll go for her first time on Haunted Mansion, Pooh (not sure about this...touring plans says the line will be 24 mins long. I want to wait in line to play with the interactive stuff...but I'm not sure if its 24 mins worth of stuff.)

Random pic of Hope in front of the castle...

Then Small World, which was her favorite when she was little...here is a pic of her on it. She was amazed by this ride. Now that she's 7 I plan on doing this once per trip.

Followed by Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan (DH will pick up fp for these while I order lunch) Tea Cups, Carrousel, maybe Merida (if the line isn't too long), TTA, Monsters Inc, Buzz, dinner at Cosmic Rays, Dumbo, The Castle Lighting and BTMR in the dark. And, of course, photopass pics in front of the castle once the lights are on.

According to touringplans I can get all of this done this day. I am sceptical. But there are a few things we can skip because we'll be there for AM EMH later in the week.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #39
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

I think you can get that all done...have you checked into getting a subscription to ridemax? It was probably the best thing ever for this OCD planner. It was spot on the entire trip, even let us get more things done when the family stuck with a plan. Next time I use it I am going to put it on slow walking speed so that we take in the atmosphere more than racing to attractions...I had it set on normal speed.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #40
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Love the Trip Plans so far!!!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #41
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
I think you can get that all done...have you checked into getting a subscription to ridemax? It was probably the best thing ever for this OCD planner. It was spot on the entire trip, even let us get more things done when the family stuck with a plan. Next time I use it I am going to put it on slow walking speed so that we take in the atmosphere more than racing to attractions...I had it set on normal speed.
No, how much is ridemax? This will be my first time using a personalized touring plan. I really love how it tells me what time my FP return will be and how long to expect the line to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Love the Trip Plans so far!!!
Thanks! More to come!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Oooooh...it would be nice to get all unpacked early on check-in day. How early did you get in? Did you make any requests?
We were in the hotel room by 9.30am. We didn't make any special requests though unless our TA did. I think she might have asked for us to be close to reception
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #43
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
We were in the hotel room by 9.30am. We didn't make any special requests though unless our TA did. I think she might have asked for us to be close to reception
It would be so nice if that happened!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #44
vleeth
I heart Disney

I left off with us leaving Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure exactly what time we'll get out of there, from what I understand they will kick us out at 7:00.

I keep changing my mind on what to do next. Currently I'm back where I originally planned to be, which is DHS for EMH.

I'm not looking forward to the really high crowds we will encounter there, but I am looking forward to the Disney Jr. Party. Hope has decided to be Izzy (from Jake & the Neverland Pirates) for Halloween. So when she is ready to take off her princess dress, she'll be changing into her Izzy clothes. With Jake being at the dance party, that is the top of my list for that night. I don't plan on staying past 9 or 9:30 so we can get a good night sleep before getting up for rope drop the next morning. Whatever else we can fit into this night will be one less thing we have to fit into our DHS/AK day.

When Hope was a toddler, she wouldn't watch tv...except for

She was all about Bear in the Big Blue House. And while we were sad when the took them out of the show we are happy they put Jake in.

If they add a late Fantasmic! we will try to see that. From what I understand the lines for TSMM, RNR & TOT are long for night EMH, so maybe we'll try hitting Star Tours or The Great Movie Ride. If they lines for everything are long, we'll try to do Muppets or just go see the Christmas lights.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #45
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Thanks. Hope has got sick on our last long trip. I'm trying to make sure she gets enough rest this trip.

What building did you get at Movies?
I had requested 1st floor in one of the refurbed rooms, because at the time, they all hadn't been done. I was put in Fantasia. I liked it. I was not on the pool side, but that was OK. I checked in really early, I can't remember for sure now, but I want to say around noonish and my room was ready.

I have been debating at looking at making a plan for us on touring plans. I am usually one who never sticks to a touring plan, so I'm not sure it would do us good.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: