Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
vleeth
I heart Disney

Our official plans...(of course I'm on Master Plan 4...so changes are possible)

Sunday 25th ~ Magic Kingdom (until they kick us out for the party) then off to Epcot

Monday 26th ~ DHS (Jedi Training) hop to AK (for just a little bit) then hop back to DHS (F! and Osborne Lights)

Tuesday 27th ~ Universal Studios (a first for all of us)

Wednesday 28th ~ Epcot hop to MK (for light show, picture show, fireworks)

Thursday 29th ~ MK (AM EMH) then hop to Epcot (CP with NPH)

Friday 30th ~ Check out of All Star Movies and into Universal Partner Hotel

Saturday Dec 1st ~ IOA (DD first time & all of ours Harry Potter first time)

When we planned our June trip we were staying off site. When we got the free dining pin for this trip we decided to stay on property. DD doesn't know we're going yet and I'm thinking about not telling her we are staying at Disney until the morning we go to check in.

Last time at All Stars Movies we stayed in the

Love Bug Section. I'm too cheap to pay for the preferred room, but I'm hoping to get anything other than Love Bug.

That pic is from our 2009 trip
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Subbing

Truck fire, eye surgery, oh my!!! Here's some pixie dust for an extra special trip this time!

Can you put in a request at ASMo for a section even if you don't pay preferred? I don't know much yet, just curious.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Truck fire, eye surgery, oh my!!! Here's some pixie dust for an extra special trip this time!

Can you put in a request at ASMo for a section even if you don't pay preferred? I don't know much yet, just curious.
Welcome!!! And thanks!

You can request it, but I don't know that you're likely to get it. I requested Mighty Ducks for this trip.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
You're going the same time as we went last year.
I hope we don't have the same freezing temps you did!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #21
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Following you over from my TR! Truck fires and Eyes...oh my! I am so glad you are still going! I don' t think you are crazy for having the itch to pack. I had a small suitcase that grew into a large tub hidden in the closet for 12 months...and a packing list going about as long!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 07-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
vleeth
I heart Disney

I've been out of touch with princess dresses lately. Mostly because the Disney store here closed a couple of years ago. My DD won't know that we are going until after Halloween. I'm wanting to try to get her to be a princess for Halloween and then we can reuse the dress for Disney. She watched the trailer for Brave and said it was too scarry and she doesn't have a favorite right now.

When she was 21 months we did Cinderella

And when she was 4 we did Belle

So I'd like to do a different one each time. Any suggestions??? Also, does anyone know where I can get a good deal?
Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Claudine877
Mouseketeer

I got a Snow white nightgown on clearance on the Disney Store website that is silky soft and my 4 year old birthday girl will be wearing it to MNSSHP this October! Your daughter is adorable.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I hope we don't have the same freezing temps you did!!!
generally it was warm enough for shorts and t-shirts during the day but you definately needed to carry track-suit or leggings and a jumper for the evening. There was a few days rain and the end of the trip got very very cold!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
momabaarjo

Your daughter is so sweet...I wish Ab would have been the princess type, the closest we ever got was Tinkerbell.

Be an ebay stalker...there are also lots of ladies who make princess dresses on the DISboutique board (not sure how much they run).

The temps were crazy...I would just say take layers. I bought everyone a long sleeved underarmor shirt and then we layered on top of it with turtle neck, tshirt, and hoodie. There were only 2 days where we needed to do this, rest of the time we were fine with carrying a hoodie and a t-shirt...some days we had shorts and swimsuits...
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
You're going the same time as we went last year.
How were the crowds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Following you over from my TR! Truck fires and Eyes...oh my! I am so glad you are still going! I don' t think you are crazy for having the itch to pack. I had a small suitcase that grew into a large tub hidden in the closet for 12 months...and a packing list going about as long!
I have a Disney tub that I keep putting things in & on. The urge to start packing has passed...but it will be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine877 View Post
I got a Snow white nightgown on clearance on the Disney Store website that is silky soft and my 4 year old birthday girl will be wearing it to MNSSHP this October! Your daughter is adorable.
Do you have a pic? Can you tell it's pj's? We stopped to get groceries on the way home from Hope being in the hospital and she told me she was embarassed because she was in pj's in public. If you can't tell, that would be great. Those princess dresses are sometimes itchy.
Quote:
generally it was warm enough for shorts and t-shirts during the day but you definately needed to carry track-suit or leggings and a jumper for the evening. There was a few days rain and the end of the trip got very very cold!
I'm okay with needed something a bit warmer in the evenings...but I'd perfer not to have 'very very cold'...lol...that's what we go to Ohio for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Your daughter is so sweet...I wish Ab would have been the princess type, the closest we ever got was Tinkerbell.

Be an ebay stalker...there are also lots of ladies who make princess dresses on the DISboutique board (not sure how much they run).

The temps were crazy...I would just say take layers. I bought everyone a long sleeved underarmor shirt and then we layered on top of it with turtle neck, tshirt, and hoodie. There were only 2 days where we needed to do this, rest of the time we were fine with carrying a hoodie and a t-shirt...some days we had shorts and swimsuits...
Thanks! Hope wore that Cinderella costume for Halloween...the next year we had a friend give her a brand new Disney store Minnie costume...nope...she was Lightning McQueen that year! I hope the temps aren't that crazy this year. I don't mind it being warm enough to swim and do water rides...but I don't want any freezing days...guess it's not really up to me though...lol.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
vleeth
I heart Disney

I called Harmony Barber Shop to make an appointment for Hope. They didn't have any early appointments for wednesday so I took a noon appointment. After thinking about it, I called back to check on Sunday. They had a 9:00...so I grabbed it. At first I didn't think I wanted to do it first thing on our first day. But then I realized we would be back later in the week on AM EMH day.

Hope got her first hair cut at Disney. She was almost two and still didn't need a haircut, but I wanted it to be at Disney.

Gotta love free mouse ears!

Last time we went to Disney was April, 2010. We were only there for two days while at another Signs Now Conference. But as it was her 5th birthday we got her hair cut again. Now it just seems like tradition.

The parade started just as we walked out. She was so happy that day.

So now I'm super excited and happy about the whole thing. I hope they let us in before rope drop, but I won't be too upset if they don't. And maybe we'll get a supercute pic to use for Christmas Cards.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
momabaarjo

What a fun tradition! Glad you were able to get a good appointment time!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Claudine877
Mouseketeer

You really can't tell that the Snow White pajamas are PJs but I don't see it on the Disney Store site any longer. Hopefully you saw it when I posted previously. But perhaps your local store would have one. They do have other princess nightgowns that their reviews state are also used for dressup.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
vleeth
I heart Disney

I intended to start posting about our first day at Magic Kingdom, but last night Hope told me how excited she was to shoot Brave's bow & arrow. I did not have this meet and greet in my plan because she saw the trailer to the movie and said it looked too scary. So now I'm going to redo my touring plan. (The things we do for our kids!)

Because of this detour, today will be a picture of my countdown (which I keep hidden behind the curtain in my bedroom.

And the box we are using for the reveal. I think I will print some Disney stickers to cover up the ones on the box. Inside will have our travel info, scrapbook stickers, etc. When she opens it there will be balloon flying out. I love surprises!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: