Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

An early Christmas present for our prince (turning 1!) and princess!!! *Update 11/19*

I began this PTR before but had some major changes so here I go AGAIN!

I was going to college in Gainesville a little while back and living so close to Disney we decided to get annual passes which was AWESOME, I miss it. But when we discovered we were expecting we moved back down to our hometown in SWFL which is 3 hours away from Disney. boo. When I finish college I'm hoping we can move closer to central FL. So yeah, now we don't get to Disney as much and for now we decided to do a yearly trip (with a side of a MNSSHP once ) which will be Nov 29-Dec 1. It's not a long trip but it's just right for our family... for now!

INTRODUCTIONS!

I'm Krystalynn, 20 years old, full-time mom, full-time college student, and I need this little break from reality! I really do. It gets tough being home 24/7 and taking all these classes online but I'm pretty proud of myself. I had my daughter when I turned 16 (I know, super young) but I did manage to graduate and go to college. Even got married and then we had another! And now after having my son I've turned into a terrible hypochondriac which eats away at me a lot. I'm always convinced I have a brain tumor or some other problem but I try to stay focused on what matters, the kids and planning for Disney! LOL. So yeah, I think I deserve a little trip. Okay, done rambling about me!!

My DH's name is Fidel. He needs this trip too! He works all the time so he can support our family, we're blessed to have him. He's a big Star Wars fan, one day we'll make it to Star Wars weekends!!!!

My DD's name is Iris, she is 4 years old and my little princess. She was always our spoiled little girl until her brother came along. It has been tough on her, poor kid She starts Pre-K this year, I'm excited for her. She knows that we are going to the Halloween party in September but she doesn't know about our actual trip at the end of Nov. It will be a surprise for her
OH NO A SPIDER JUST FLOATED DOWN FROM MY CEILING TO THE KEYBOARD. That was terrifying.
So anyways, I have been thinking of ways to surprise her but I think since we will be leaving in the early morning we are just going to tell her we're driving....somewhere, not sure where yet lol... and then let her see the gates. That's the plan for now.

Now, DS! His name is Ezra and was born the day after Christmas. Yeah, December 26th. I've never liked birthdays around Christmas since my own is December 19th but I will be sure to make his birthday and Christmas two separate events. My mom and dad never really did that for me He will be almost 1 on our trip and so I want to celebrate it while we're there. He's 6 months old right now, I love it. I love babies

Here is a picture from a few months ago, you'll see more updated ones eventually

Last edited by Krystalynn; 11-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Krystalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

So here is our schedule!

Nov. 29th
Leave at 5-5:30AM from home, hopefully get to All-Star Movies 8-8:30AM. I know sometimes check-in can take up to an hour so our first ADR is not until
10:40AM at Akershus.
We'll be at Epcot all day. I hope to get one of the passports at the front of the park so my dd can collect stamps around WS. She loves Phineas and Ferb so I want to do the Perry the Platypus thing too I want to finally meet Mulan since we still haven't. I'm hoping to do the candlelight processional since Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator and I LOVE him but I heard people line up and wait all day just to get seats. I thought about doing the dinner package but it was two dining credits on the DxDDP. Is there any way you can watch from a distance?? We've never done the candlelight processional before so I don't know much about it!
7:55PM we have an ADR at Chef Mickey's. I'm hoping a spot will open up for 7:00PM since that would be better for us but so far nothing. We'll just monorail hop over there and then come back and maybe catch Illuminations.

Nov. 30th
8:25AM ADR at Ohana.
Then off to MK! I want to get my ds's 1st haircut when we get to the park I've been pondering whether or not to do anything extra for my dd like the pirate league since she has already done BBB. Just not sure.
4:35PM ADR at 1900 Park Fare. Then we'll be going to MVMCP for the night.

Dec. 1st
8:15AM ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table! DD has been asking me for so long to eat in the castle so I hope she'll love it!!!
We'll spend the rest of the day at MK then we'll have to go home, until next trip. Not sure when that next trip will be, we'll have to see how this one goes first.

For anyone who is interested, I've also been planning for MNSSHP since we'll be doing that this year. Unfortunately DH won't be able to make it because of work but I'm going up with the kids, my mother, and grandmother. My cousin may also be meeting us there (she's in Gainesville). We're going to be camping at Ft. Wilderness for two nights. When DH, DD, and I had our annual passes we used to go camping all the time at the Fort, we love it! We won't be going to the parks at all except for the Halloween party. Should be a just a nice, relaxing time. We'll actually be able to go swimming for once, watch the boat parade and fireworks at the beach, go to the campfire sing-a-long.. yay! In our extra time I want to resort hop to see all of them since we've never had time before, I always thought it would be fun. We may also go to Universal or Sea World in our spare time since we have annual passes there.
Right now the big question is what will we be dressing up as.... There are just so many ideas. I think I will just let DD choose whatever she wants and then I can be Cruella and DS can be a dalmatian I found this cute costume at the Disney store which would be great for him since it's just a simple bodysuit!

Next I will be posting pictures from past trips. That's always fun

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
niknakk
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read the rest of your PTR!! I have to give you a lot of respect! You seem like a great woman and a loving mom, wish you the best!! :D
Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakk View Post
I can't wait to read the rest of your PTR!! I have to give you a lot of respect! You seem like a great woman and a loving mom, wish you the best!! :D
Thank you so much!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Wow so I have so many pictures I'll just add pics from different trips from time to time. Here are some from Iris' first trip ever not long after she turned 2 years old. She was so little, aw!!

At Hollywood Studios. First time ever meeting Mickey, it was so special for us

At Magic Kingdom.

Hugging Minnie

My camera made the fireworks look like a terrorist attack

Epcot day!

At Animal Kingdom

Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

I'm along for the ride! We'll be at WDW at the same time!! Can't wait to read more!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
I'm along for the ride! We'll be at WDW at the same time!! Can't wait to read more!
Was just reading your last TR, I'm guessing you enjoyed going end of November since you're doing it again? Subscribed to your new PTR too! You're going to have such a nice trip! My parents would always take me on a week long Disney trip when I was a kid and I'd love to do it one day. BUt first I need to finish school and get a job!!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
Was just reading your last TR, I'm guessing you enjoyed going end of November since you're doing it again? Subscribed to your new PTR too! You're going to have such a nice trip! My parents would always take me on a week long Disney trip when I was a kid and I'd love to do it one day. BUt first I need to finish school and get a job!!
We LOVED the end of November! We did 5 nights last year and only planned 48 hours in advance! My hubby was swapping to a new job and would be gone for about 12 weeks and we just up and decided to go on a trip to "celebrate the change". It was GREAT!!!! Crowds manageable and the decorations were soooo pretty!! I hear you on school! Good grief I feel like it will NEVER end for me! Next spring I start my clinicals for nursing school - 2 more years! Then I have a 1yr bridge program and 2yrs for my masters and finally will be a nurse-midwife. SUCH a loooong road! For now I stay at home with the kids and soak it all uP!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
We LOVED the end of November! We did 5 nights last year and only planned 48 hours in advance! My hubby was swapping to a new job and would be gone for about 12 weeks and we just up and decided to go on a trip to "celebrate the change". It was GREAT!!!! Crowds manageable and the decorations were soooo pretty!! I hear you on school! Good grief I feel like it will NEVER end for me! Next spring I start my clinicals for nursing school - 2 more years! Then I have a 1yr bridge program and 2yrs for my masters and finally will be a nurse-midwife. SUCH a loooong road! For now I stay at home with the kids and soak it all uP!
Oh my!! That does sound never ending lol but it will be so worth it! My Aunt is a nurse-midwife, helping to deliver babies, she loves it! Funny thing, she called me up a couple of hours ago to see if I could watch her dogs, today they decided they just wanted to go up to Orlando for a couple of days, ha! Lucky them I'm actually going to school to work with babies but not like that. I'm working on my BA in Early Childhood Education. I actually want to work in the Education Dept at Sea World but if not, I will settle for teaching 1-2 year olds, they're my favorite :P Kudos on being a parent and being in school, I get stressed out so easy LOL

Old 07-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
Oh my!! That does sound never ending lol but it will be so worth it! My Aunt is a nurse-midwife, helping to deliver babies, she loves it! Funny thing, she called me up a couple of hours ago to see if I could watch her dogs, today they decided they just wanted to go up to Orlando for a couple of days, ha! Lucky them I'm actually going to school to work with babies but not like that. I'm working on my BA in Early Childhood Education. I actually want to work in the Education Dept at Sea World but if not, I will settle for teaching 1-2 year olds, they're my favorite :P Kudos on being a parent and being in school, I get stressed out so easy LOL
I started out in Early Childhood Ed! Fun program! Working at Sea World would be awesome! I hear ya, mom + wife + student is hard!!!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Don't know how it happened but the other night I stumbled upon a woman's report on here all about her wedding at Disney.. This isn't the first time I've looked into the stuff but with our 5th wedding anniversary only.. 3 years away LOL I can't help but to think of having a vow renewal at Disney!!
So these pictures were just AHHHHMAZING. They were taken in Magic Kingdom just before dawn. The castle was lit in the background, basically my dream. Now I am thinking about saving up money to have a small vow renewal there. We never did get to have a wedding, just went to the courthouse. Oh so romantic, right? I can't find the thread I was reading now but I did get the photographer's name and already have been in contact with her This is really something I have to do. And I know most people would wait until a bigger milestone for a vow renewal like 10 years but dang, we've been through a lot AND I graduate in 2015. Can't I do it as a graduation present? I think so!

Just snagged this from google images!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
niknakk
Mouseketeer

I say GO FOR IT!! You deserve it, and if you can save for 3 years and afford it then why not?

Ever since searching these boards I too have dreamed of a Disney Wedding :D When the time comes I know where to go!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakk View Post
I say GO FOR IT!! You deserve it, and if you can save for 3 years and afford it then why not?

Ever since searching these boards I too have dreamed of a Disney Wedding :D When the time comes I know where to go!
Thanks, I think I do!! lol.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

I had promised more updated pictures!

So, this was Iris' hair in March.

She was almost 4 in the picture. She had some nice hair but she didn't want me or anyone else to touch it and poor girl... her hair is seriously just prone to knots. We would be like this every day:

DH and I decided it would just be best to take her to the hair salon and voila

It was sad and exciting all at the same time. It is super cute AND it will be perfect with her Halloween costume this year (if she sticks to it) which is Rapunzel's wedding dress. I didn't want her to feel sad about having short hair now so I am always sure to tell her how she looks just like Rapunzel at the end of the movie

Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #15
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Awww cute haircut!!!

LOVE the wedding disney pic!!!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: