Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Dreaming of the Disney DREAM, Feb 17, 2013

Hi, fellow DREAM cruisers!

We just booked another cruise on the Disney DREAM and hope that there will be a lot of you, who want to travel with us!

We, that are my dear brother, Tom, who works for the Austrian Postal Services and LOVES everything Disney and myself, Karin, a teacher at a small Austrian village.
Before we took our first cruise we were sure that this would be a one time thing, but like everything else at Disney, the service was so outstanding that this will be cruise no 10 in 5 seasons!

Looking forward to get to know many of our fellow cruisers!

Cruisers so far:
macoac92
SunHillMomo
janiescadina
SL312
rbadger
Z'sDisneyMom
bubbashannon
renda460
nchristeutah
GlobalChristine
JILL34
njkt
dwonderz
Kashabear
Mky4Life
AuntMinnie22
Kim1964
MMandtheBoys
Douvres Family
headinaviceboy
Tigger1313
Mason's Mom
123Dis4Me
robinandtim
PoeticMoe
Dizneeat

The Fish Extender Gift Exchange list is now closed.

FE Participants:
SunHillMomo
SL312
Z'sDisneyMom
janiescadina
bubbashannon
renda460
nchristeutah
GlobalChristine
njkt
dwonderz
Kashabear
Mky4Life
AuntMinnie22
MMandtheBoys
Douvres Family
Tigger1313
123Dis4Me
dizneeat

Participants list with details

Deckplan

Here is some info .......

Lots about Fish Extenders
Fish Extender 101
Fish Extender Info

So, do you want to join our Fish Extender Exchange?
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 01-26-2013 at 03:54 AM.
dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Hello there! We have a tentative booking on this cruise. Just booked today. Everything is dependent on whether my son will be out of school this week, as I'm still waiting for our 2013 school schedule to be released. We always have President's as a school break, so I'm hoping they continue the trend and close during President's week 2013, so we can definitely cruise the Dream!

Travelling is me and my son, who will be 12 when we sail. We haven't cruised with Disney since my son was a baby, so it's been a while. To say I'm excited, is an understatement!

Look forward to getting to know everyone and chatting as we get through this LONG wait.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
Hello there! We have a tentative booking on this cruise. Just booked today. Everything is dependent on whether my son will be out of school this week, as I'm still waiting for our 2013 school schedule to be released. We always have President's as a school break, so I'm hoping they continue the trend and close during President's week 2013, so we can definitely cruise the Dream!

Travelling is me and my son, who will be 12 when we sail. We haven't cruised with Disney since my son was a baby, so it's been a while. To say I'm excited, is an understatement!

Look forward to getting to know everyone and chatting as we get through this LONG wait.
Welcome!!

Congratulations on booking your DREAM cruise! I'll keep my fingers crossed that school schedules stay the same for you and you will get to cruise on the DREAM. She's an absolutely beautiful ship!

I really look forward to spend some time here on this thread and getting to know all my fellow cruisers!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Just popping in to say "hello!" and move us to the top of the boards.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

Count me in

I've changed my cruise date to May so won't be joining in, sorry to say.

Last edited by texasgirl73; 06-12-2012 at 09:46 PM.
texasgirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #7
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
Just popping in to say "hello!" and move us to the top of the boards.
Hi! And thanks for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
Hi there, I'm Chris and my husband is Rich (his name, I wish he was rich ). I am excited to see a thread up for this cruise. My first Disney Cruise will actually be in August 2012 (on the Fantasy) but no one has responded for my dates .
The February 2013 cruise will be just my husband and I (we have 4 kids- they will be going with us on the Fantasy.) We are gonna give concierge a try on the Dream. I figured that we will probably miss out on Remy and Palo in August so I thought a short cruise a few months later would allow us to fit those in. That way I can concentrate on family-time with the kids and not worry about what we are missing out on.
Hi Chris!
Glad to have you on board!
You are going to love DCL! We cruised for the first time in August 2009 and said it would be a once in a lifetime experience and this cruise is going to be cruise no 10! It is a wonderful experience.
Don't worry about the August 2012 thread, they are usually a bit slow until closer to the cruise.
Palo is a wonderful restaurant. We have done it every cruise and were never disappointed. Are you thinking about dinner, brunch or high tea? My recommandations are dinner and brunch.
How old are your kids? Must be fun having such a large family.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #9
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

I am planning Palo Brunch and Dinner. And dinner at Remy as well.
My kids are 7 (step-son), 9 (daughter), 11 (son), and 17 (step-daughter) right now.

I've been looking at all the food pics and it looks like the regular dining rooms will be just fine for our first cruise with the kids. I'll just save all the special dining for the February concierge cruise. The Dream and the Fantasy do differ with their restaurants a little (Royal Court versus Royal Palace and AP is a little bit different) so I'm thinking that I will make sure to try RP and AP on the Dream.

Man I hate waiting......
texasgirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #10
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
I am planning Palo Brunch and Dinner. And dinner at Remy as well.
My kids are 7 (step-son), 9 (daughter), 11 (son), and 17 (step-daughter) right now.

I've been looking at all the food pics and it looks like the regular dining rooms will be just fine for our first cruise with the kids. I'll just save all the special dining for the February concierge cruise. The Dream and the Fantasy do differ with their restaurants a little (Royal Court versus Royal Palace and AP is a little bit different) so I'm thinking that I will make sure to try RP and AP on the Dream.

Man I hate waiting......
Both brunch and dinner at Palo are great - we did it during our summer cruises on the DREAM. I was not so impressed with their High Tea though.

I am currently holding a reservation for Remy for our DREAM cruise in 47 days , but am still not sure if we should keep it or not. I just am not really impressed with their menu.
Even though the restaurants itself are a bit different, I wonder if the menus will differ much.
But we'll find out soon enough!

And our cruise will be here soon! Thankfully we all have a cruise or two (or three ) to haul us over until then!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
robinandtim
Earning My Ears

4th Disney Cruise

This will be our fourth Disney Cruise in Feb. 2013...our first was a four-day in Jan. 2008...which was great, second was in Jan. 2009...equally great but a little short at 3-days...should have enjoyed our 7-day Jan. 2010 cruise immensely but we all got sick!...took a break from DCL after that...ready to get it back in Feb. 2013 with our four kids: 12 yr old daughter, 10 yr old son, 8 yr old son, and 4 yr old daughter...we'll be driving to Port Canaveral from Pittsburgh, PA.
robinandtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
Toniann966
my 3 mice

Cannot believe we saw your name!! We were on the infamous hurricane irene cruise with you. (august 25). We just booked this one. So happy to see a familiar face!
Count us in for the fish extender. We had so much fun with it last time.
Toniann966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinandtim View Post
This will be our fourth Disney Cruise in Feb. 2013...our first was a four-day in Jan. 2008...which was great, second was in Jan. 2009...equally great but a little short at 3-days...should have enjoyed our 7-day Jan. 2010 cruise immensely but we all got sick!...took a break from DCL after that...ready to get it back in Feb. 2013 with our four kids: 12 yr old daughter, 10 yr old son, 8 yr old son, and 4 yr old daughter...we'll be driving to Port Canaveral from Pittsburgh, PA.
Welcome!
I added you to the list of cruisers!
This cruise is still more than a year out and there are already quite a few of us booked.
Great to hear that you are a returning DCL cruiser - for us this will be cruise no 10.
So sorry to hear that you all got sick on one of your cruises - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so it will NEVER happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniann966 View Post
Cannot believe we saw your name!! We were on the infamous hurricane irene cruise with you. (august 25). We just booked this one. So happy to see a familiar face!
Count us in for the fish extender. We had so much fun with it last time.
Welcome!
I cannot believe we are going to cruise together again!
Tom and I will never forget that Aug 25 cruise - missing CC - but we'll make up for it in 2013, don't you think?
I added you to the list of cruisers and I started the FE list! I am so glad to have someone who agreed to do it again with us - it is SO much fun! I am already making gifts for all the cruises we have booked (5 - first one in just 4 weeks, then a back to back during the summer - yip, Hurricane season again! - the February 2013 one and we are doing a Caribbean one in August of 2013 with DISfriends.) even though not every one has a FE thread running yet!
Did I mention that I was glad to have you here?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Toniann966
my 3 mice

I am so sorry to do this. My kids are a bit disappointed too. We just moved our cruise to the wonder. (feb 16th sailing) Too good to pass up. One more night for the same price. We will miss you, though! Hopefully someone will be doing a fish extender for that trip! Hope you have a wonderful voyage!
Toniann966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniann966 View Post
I am so sorry to do this. My kids are a bit disappointed too. We just moved our cruise to the wonder. (feb 16th sailing) Too good to pass up. One more night for the same price. We will miss you, though! Hopefully someone will be doing a fish extender for that trip! Hope you have a wonderful voyage!
One more day on board a Disney ship is the best excuse to change dates and ships!
Even though we are going to miss you, I hope you are going to have a wonderful time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: