Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
Welcome Jndrader .... My daughter is 11 (turns 12 in Oct). We can't wait for this ... Our first Disney Cruise
Thanks!
Does your daughter do email? If so I can pm you my daughter's email so they can get to know each other. This will be her first cruise without a friend her age that she already knew.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #92
adunn001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Martin
Does anyone know if cruisers receive a lanyard? We're bringing pins (we LOVE pins) and wondered if there was a special cruise lanyard.
If this is your first cruise you do not receive one until you are a castaway cay member. But what we did, since this is our first cruise, is purchased the lanyards off of Disney.com, from the cruise line section . they have a mini wallet attached too. My DH and DS both collect pins as well.
adunn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #93
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Do we have a cruise facebook page? If not I'll gladly start one.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #94
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
Do we have a cruise facebook page? If not I'll gladly start one.
I just checked the master list at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DCLF...7767347691526/ and didn't see one listed for this cruise (before and after, but not this one!).
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #95
alanasmommy
Earning My Ears

Our First Disney Cruise, Too!

Hi! I'm so new to this all, I'm not even sure if I'm posting this correctly...
It will be me (mom), my 6 year old daughter, and my parents (Grammie & Grandpa)
We are from BOSTON STRONG Massachusetts
My name is Sara, daughter Alana, Grammie Anne and Grandpa Steve
We are in for the Fish Extender-what am I supposed to do?
alanasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #96
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwoodman View Post
I just checked the master list at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DCLF...7767347691526/ and didn't see one listed for this cruise (before and after, but not this one!).
Hi, We haven't started a facebook page as yet because we had alot of ins and outs and then there were only about 5 people cruising. I will post the link to the facebook group below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanasmommy View Post
Hi! I'm so new to this all, I'm not even sure if I'm posting this correctly...
It will be me (mom), my 6 year old daughter, and my parents (Grammie & Grandpa)
We are from BOSTON STRONG Massachusetts
My name is Sara, daughter Alana, Grammie Anne and Grandpa Steve
We are in for the Fish Extender-what am I supposed to do?
Welcome, A Fish extender something you hang over the fish ornament outside of your stateroom door. You sign up to deliver a gift to the other participants/cabins that also wish to participate in the fish exchange. I am heading up the list and so far we have about 7 cabins.

Here is a link that gives you a great idea about the fish extenders and exchange.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....fish+extender+

If you have any other questions feel free to ask we all can answer in some way or another I'm sure.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #97
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Facebook Group

HI Guys Here is the link to the Facebook group if you need

Its a good chance to get to know everyones faces so we know who we are looking for and who we have been talking too on the cruise.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/259656160846212/
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #98
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I have a link on your Facebook page to everyone who has said they will be a part of the Fish Exchange. Could you all pop over and update the details or PM and I will do it for you. Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #99
Phillyfans
Earning My Ears

Just saw the great rates for this cruise and decided to add a quick trip and suprise our son (8) with a little weekend getaway. We're already booked on the Fantasy for Christmas but this will be our first time on the Dream. So excited to do something so spur of the moment (for us, I'm a huge planner). Probably won't be doing FE's since we're doing them in December. Hope to see you all on ship, whoo hoo!
Disney Fantasy Eastern Carribean Cruise - August 2012
Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise - September 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Cruise - December 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise - August 2014
Disney Bay Lake Towers - August 2014
Phillyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #100
CantrellsCJJJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwoodman View Post
Welcome! What are your names? I'll add you to the roster.
HI! This is my first post and interested in the Fish Exchange. 2 Adults, 2 boys. Please let me know how to sign up! So excited! Thank you. Judy
CantrellsCJJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #101
CantrellsCJJJ
Earning My Ears

Chris Cantrell, Justin Cantrell, Jordan Cantrell, Judy Esparza-Cantrell
Old 06-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #102
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Roll Call

I have updated the roll call on Page 1 with everybody through post #101.

(Note that this Roll Call is everybody who has posted on this thread - it is not the FE group.)

Please post any missing info or PM it to me and I'll fill in the blanks!

Michael
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #103
CantrellsCJJJ
Earning My Ears

Hi forgot to add we are from Albuquerque, NM (Justin, Jordan -son's 6 & 7)
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #104
CantrellsCJJJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhj View Post
We just booked this cruise! It will be our first cruise of any kind. No stateroom number yet. It will be me, my husband, and 2 kids (10 yr old daughter, and 8 year old son at time of trip). We're keeping it a secret from the kids… or at least that's the plan.
Hi. We have 2 boys (6 & 8). We are also keeping this cruise from them. Trying to think of a way to tell them right before the cruise!! I am so excited!! Any ideas of when and how you will tell your kiddos? My name is Judy by the way.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #105
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

I just requested to join the facebook group. We are not going to participate in the FE. Probably would if the kids were coming.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: