Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #196
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlewoman View Post
Yes, I found the FB page and have been added. Yeah!
Hi Heather and anyone else new. Glad to have you aboard. We have a small group over on FB, mainly b/c it is easier to chat and share links. we have several newbe for Disney as well as Vets.

I have cruise many times but a Newbee to Disney, traveling with my daughter, her husband and two children. Can't wait doing WDW for a few day before. Staying at SOG for 4 nights and then POP for one night.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #197
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Hey All,
We are talking about a Meet on Day 1 of the cruise before Sail-Away. Any thoughts, anyone that has cruised before on the Dream have a suggestion for loction ~ also, working on my postcards; anyone have any idea of a count yet? One space left in our FE group.

Have a GREAT weekend all!
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #198
Barkell
Earning My Ears

Postcard / Magnet Swap (Cross-posted on FB)

Postcard / Magnet Swap (cross-posted on Facebook): So far, we have 7 staterooms signed up (Anamanxs, Barkell, Jmarsh, Morris Family, Mrccleveland and WorryFreeDisney). If anyone else would like to participate, just let me know and I'll add you to the list. If you are on the list, I'll need your stateroom numbers sometime between now and then. :D

Edited to correct.

Last edited by Barkell; 03-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Barkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #199
christybusybee
Earning My Ears

I am excited

I just asked to join the FB group. This is exciting, our second time cruising with Disney (our other was 10 years ago) but the first for our little 5 year old!!! I love the FB chatting, much easier for me to keep up with. Can't wait, this will be fun!!!
christybusybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #200
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christybusybee View Post
I just asked to join the FB group. This is exciting, our second time cruising with Disney (our other was 10 years ago) but the first for our little 5 year old!!! I love the FB chatting, much easier for me to keep up with. Can't wait, this will be fun!!!
Hi Welcome! I have accepted you on FB. There looks to be a lot of 5 year olds on our cruise. I am traveling with my daughter and her family which includes my 2 grandchildren. I am from VA.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #201
xuLauren
Earning My Ears

Hi there - we were not on your sailing (but didn't someone pass away at CC on yours?) We were on the 1/19 sailing. Where are you in Cincy? We are near Ikea in West Chester.

Quote:
Lauren - we live in Cincinnati! I would love to meet you. We also were on the Fantasy this past January. I think it was January 12.

Lauren DH - Brian DD - Mallory 4 y/o DD - Emerson 2 y/o

Fantasy - January 2014
Dream - May 2013 - 10 year anniversary celebration
Fantasy - January 2013
WDW - May 2012
Magic - December 2010
xuLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #202
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

Yes, that was very sad. We didn't find out until we got back home.
We live near Eastgate. We have family in West Chester too.
puzzlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #203
chambe4
Earning My Ears

Dream May 2-5 2013 3 day cruise

My name is Dorinda Elizabeth Fisher Chambers (face book) My family is cruising on the May 2-5 2013, 3 day Disney Dream. I would like to join the Fish extender group, My daughter Jennifer Chambers Monsour has joined already. Want to join the facebook group too.

Dorinda

Last edited by chambe4; 03-19-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added last sentence
chambe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #204
xuLauren
Earning My Ears

We were delayed getting on the boat more than past cruises and a gal in our FE group was in concierge and I ran into her at port and she knew what had happened. Then, on our cruise a man had a heart attack while we were at sea and they diverted the boat to Mexico, got him off the boat for treatment, and we skipped a port of call as a result and got an extra sea day. This was fine with me, but still a very wild experience. If you ever hear "Bright Star" being paged it's a serious medical emergency. It was 10pm or so in our rooms and it came over the speakers - startling.

Looks like you went to Xavier? Me too - class of 2001 and grad school in 2004...

Quote:
Yes, that was very sad. We didn't find out until we got back home.
We live near Eastgate. We have family in West Chester too.

Fantasy - January 2014
Fantasy - January 2013
WDW - May 2012
Magic - December 2010
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #205
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambe4 View Post
My name is Dorinda Elizabeth Fisher Chambers (face book) My family is cruising on the May 2-5 2013, 3 day Disney Dream. I would like to join the Fish extender group, My daughter Jennifer Chambers Monsour has joined already. Want to join the facebook group too.

Dorinda
Please have your daughter go to the face book page or contact me by e-mail. anamanx @ Yahoo dot come. She has not been to the fact book page to confirm and we are at the group limit for the FE and are starting a waiting list for a second group.

Please go to the face book and request to join and we will accept you. We have a couple of other events planned also.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/269359996520135/

Welcome, can't wait to meet everyone.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #206
chambe4
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream May 2-5 2013

Hi Again, a little about me and my family... My husband is George, our 4 kids are grown, 3 of them married, 2 of them have their own kids, they will all be on the cruise, it's our first whole family cruise ever, 13 of us. I have 3 granddaughters, Emilie, she is 8, Allie, she is 6, and Hailey, she will be 10 months on the cruise. Is the fish extender just for kids or adults too. I will give up my spot for my 3 granddaughters, they are so excited.

This will be my 3rd time to do this 3 day Nassau cruise, first 2 times were on the Wonder. This May will be our first time to be on the Dream. Looking forward to it.

George and I took the 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder in Oct. 2011

Last August 2012 George and I did the 5 day New England cruise out of NYC up to Halifax and Nova Scotia ,Canada on the Magic.

Last Oct 2012, our son Jeremy and wife Lauren, youngest daughter Jayme, George and I went on the 7 night Fantasy cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, we had a wonderful time, enjoyed the islands, except our son fell by the aqua duck on the stairs and dislocated his shoulder. They took very good care of him on the ship and put it back in place. So they have some good medical on board. This cruise is the one that followed the Hurricane Sandy back to Port Canaveral. That was a wonderful cruise up until our way back, couldn't go to Castaway Cay. The ship was rocking and rolling like crazy,but the ship returned back safely.

We are going to cruise again as you can see not afraid. Plan to go on the 7 night Western and Southern Caribbean and Alaska sometime. As you can tell we LOVE Disney Cruise Line.

We are so excited to go on this cruise on the Dream, we chose 9th floor this time, it should be a fabulous time. Castaway Cay is beautiful everyone will love it. I heard they made some changes there since the 2 larger ships with a lot more people come.

So you are doing magnet or postcard exchanges. Will have to get filled in on that.

We are excited to meet you all. We never did fish extender before sounds like fun. I saw them though, didn't know what it was about.

Happy Cruising soon, Sweet Dreams on the Dream!!

Dorinda

Last edited by chambe4; 03-20-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added sentence
chambe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #207
JMonsour
Earning My Ears

Thank you Ana! I didn't know where to go! My Mom figured it out! (New to all this) lol! So excited to be a part of this group! Thank you for having us!
JMonsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #208
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuLauren View Post

Looks like you went to Xavier? Me too - class of 2001 and grad school in 2004...

Yes, graduated 1999. Are you a basketball fan? I'm excited about the new big east.
puzzlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #209
xuLauren
Earning My Ears

I am a basketball fan, of course. Although I wish I had time to go to games and watch more on TV. Did you know Sara Timmins - she graduated in 1999 too? Good friend of mine...

Quote:
Yes, graduated 1999. Are you a basketball fan? I'm excited about the new big east.

Fantasy - January 2014
Fantasy - January 2013
WDW - May 2012
Magic - December 2010
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #210
jaysbucs
Earning My Ears

Wanting to Join the Group

My sister and mother have joined this group already so my wife,daughter and I would like to join the FE group as well. My facebook name is Jason Chambers. We are part of the family group of 13. Jmonsour, and gchambe4 are my relatives names.
jaysbucs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: