Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #181
mcrcleveland
Earning My Ears

He is 4 and has been begging us to go on Mickey's ship again
mcrcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #182
Barkell
Earning My Ears

Would it be appropriate for me to try to organize a magnet or postcard swap or something similar? I love the idea of an exchange and meeting some of you, but the FE is just too consuming (time- and money-wise) for me to handle on such short notice (we booked late!). But if some DSers wanted to exchange local postcards or magnets, I could handle that.

I'm thinking of a local postcard (with a note, of course!) and a magnet (bought or made, cruise/Disney related or locally-themed) to stick it on the stateroom door (or make the postcard into a magnet itself). That could probably be done for under $1/each room. Thoughts?
Barkell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #183
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkell
Would it be appropriate for me to try to organize a magnet or postcard swap or something similar? I love the idea of an exchange and meeting some of you, but the FE is just too consuming (time- and money-wise) for me to handle on such short notice (we booked late!). But if some DSers wanted to exchange local postcards or magnets, I could handle that.

I'm thinking of a local postcard (with a note, of course!) and a magnet (bought or made, cruise/Disney related or locally-themed) to stick it on the stateroom door (or make the postcard into a magnet itself). That could probably be done for under $1/each room. Thoughts?
I would be interested in this too. I think it is a great idea
Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #184
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

:cool1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkell View Post

Could be fun!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #185
mcrcleveland
Earning My Ears

I would be willing to do a postcard/magnet swap.
mcrcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #186
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:

R u still interested in sponsoring this, do u want me to post it on FB?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #187
Barkell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamanxs View Post
R u still interested in sponsoring this, do u want me to post it on FB?
Yes, that would be great! Sorry I took so long to reply...I thought I had subscribed to this thread but I had not. I have corrected that mistake! :P

Anyone who wants to participate in a post card/magnet swap can PM me here or on Facebook (Kelly B. in our cruise group). I'll gather a list of names and staterooms and distribute it closer to sailing (or do a document like the FE list if we're all on FB. But if you're not on FB, don't worry...you won't get left out!: ). Since it is such a small thing, I don't think we'll need to limit the rooms. You can get post cards here for 3/$1.00, and you could just stick a piece of magnet tape on the back of them to put them on the door if you want. Anything goes, of course! I think it will be fun to do.

I'm going crazy not having a stateroom number yet. I didn't know that we were booking GTY!
Barkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #188
morris family
Earning My Ears

Sounds like fun... you can count us in... we are Shelley and Jammie over on FB.

Quote:
Yes, that would be great! Sorry I took so long to reply...I thought I had subscribed to this thread but I had not. I have corrected that mistake! :P

Anyone who wants to participate in a post card/magnet swap can PM me here or on Facebook (Kelly B. in our cruise group). I'll gather a list of names and staterooms and distribute it closer to sailing (or do a document like the FE list if we're all on FB. But if you're not on FB, don't worry...you won't get left out!: ). Since it is such a small thing, I don't think we'll need to limit the rooms. You can get post cards here for 3/$1.00, and you could just stick a piece of magnet tape on the back of them to put them on the door if you want. Anything goes, of course! I think it will be fun to do.

I'm going crazy not having a stateroom number yet. I didn't know that we were booking GTY!
morris family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #189
JMonsour
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamanxs

Welcome, Love to have you. Let us know if you FB so we can accept you. Your first name. We are having a lot of fun planning. We have a Sarah M from New Tampa.
Hi there! My name is Jennifer Monsour- my Facebook name is Jennifer Chambers Monsour! We are from North Tampa- my 2 daughters are Emilie and Allie and my little niece- Hailey. We are so excited! This I our first time doing this- newbies! Thank you for including us!
JMonsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #190
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonsour

Hi there! My name is Jennifer Monsour- my Facebook name is Jennifer Chambers Monsour! We are from North Tampa- my 2 daughters are Emilie and Allie and my little niece- Hailey. We are so excited! This I our first time doing this- newbies! Thank you for including us!
Welcome to the group. I tried to search for you on FB to add you but couldn't find you. Search for Disney Dreamin' May 2, 2013. We would love to have you join us over there too.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #191
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Hi Jennifer, I found you on Face book and sent a friend request. Our Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/269359996520135/ Just request to join and someone will approve.
Welcome
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #192
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

I am so super ridiculously excited! Hubby and I just booked this cruise for a weekend getaway as the rate was still good.
This will be Disney cruise #3 for us. I am going to request to join the FB group.
Yippeee!
-Heather
puzzlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #193
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuLauren View Post
Hello all! After much debate on how to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we decided to book the 5/2 sailing and take our kiddos with us. This will be our third Disney cruise. We did the Magic in December 2010, the Fantasy last month, and now we're doing the Dream. We also have a January 2014 Fantasy sailing booked.

Lauren - we live in Cincinnati! I would love to meet you. We also were on the Fantasy this past January. I think it was January 12.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #194
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlewoman
I am so super ridiculously excited! Hubby and I just booked this cruise for a weekend getaway as the rate was still good.
This will be Disney cruise #3 for us. I am going to request to join the FB group.
Yippeee!
-Heather
Welcome to the group! Did you find the FB page?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #195
puzzlewoman
Earning My Ears

Yes, I found the FB page and have been added. Yeah!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: