Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #151
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

We have more info over on FB. We are going to keep the FE small since this is a lot of us first Disney cruise. I put a link over there but will paste here too. Just click on the blue "Disney" and there is a post on FE! If you have any questions just ask away and someone will answer.

Welcome, hope you do book!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #152
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkell
Hi! We are 95% sure we'll be on this boat! We just haven't booked yet because my husband is out of town and we want to pick out the details together. But I'm researching everything now. This is our first pleasure cruise (he was in the Navy for 8 years, but that doesn't count, and I've never been "to sea"). This cruise is a combination 5-year wedding anniversary trip (married 3/18/08 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica) and a celebration of surviving 2012, which was the longest and most stressful year of our lives! Whew!

We'll be cruising with our 3-year-old daughter (she turns 4 on 8/20) but will be leaving our then-8-month-old son at home with Grandma & Papa. I am not looking forward to leaving him for 4 days, but I really didn't want to deal with bottles and diapers on a ship.

I'm quite sure what FE is all about yet, but it sounds like something we might be interested in. Is there a general information thread about it, or does each group set their own standards?

We'll be driving to Pt. Canaveral from our home in Savannah, GA.

I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to book!!!
Oh I really hope you can join us. I'm sailing with my DD10.
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #153
Barkell
Earning My Ears

Thanks, guys! I spoke with DH earlier and he said, "We just need to book it. If we don't we'll talk ourselves out of it!" He's so right. :P

Thanks for the link, Anamanxs! I'm waffling on FE...it sounds like a lot of fun but I'm not sure that I'll have time to get much together between now and then. I'll think about it for a few more days.

I've been reading waaaaay too much about cruises and Disney this evening. It's way past my bedtime!
Barkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #154
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkell
Thanks, guys! I spoke with DH earlier and he said, "We just need to book it. If we don't we'll talk ourselves out of it!" He's so right. :P

Thanks for the link, Anamanxs! I'm waffling on FE...it sounds like a lot of fun but I'm not sure that I'll have time to get much together between now and then. I'll think about it for a few more days.

I've been reading waaaaay too much about cruises and Disney this evening. It's way past my bedtime!
I'm excited for you! We are all going to have a great time!

My friends have diagnosed me with OCDD... Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #155
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

I think it is contagious! Just spend most of the evening working on our Disney World schedule. All I have so far Is the times of the parades and opening and closing times of the parks and our character breakfast.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #156
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

I have been working in my Disney Planning Binder. I have what parks we are going to, EMH, and ADR's so far
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #157
pilk706
How can you not love Disney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamanxs
I think it is contagious! Just spend most of the evening working on our Disney World schedule. All I have so far Is the times of the parades and opening and closing times of the parks and our character breakfast.
That's about all I include... Parades and reservations. We just grab the park guide when we get there and add any must sees as we go. I find that although planning ahead of time is a must, if you get too detailed it can stress you out. That being said... A very detailed schedule would be better than none at all, lol.

Mar 1996 - Off Site, May 2000 - Disney Magic / Beach Club Villas, May 2003 - Contemporary, June 2005 - Coronado Springs, November 2006 - Old Key West, May 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, June 2007 - Saratoga Springs, October 2007 - Disney Wonder, December 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, May 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, October 2008 - Beach Club Villas, March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge, November 2009 - Disney Wonder, December 2009 - Saratoga Springs, October 2010 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower), May 2011 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower) / Disney Dream / Beach Club Villas, June 2012 - Hilton Head Resort, December 2012 - Old Key West
pilk706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #158
christybusybee
Earning My Ears

So excited

I can't wait, this is our 2nd time cruising with Disney but this will be our 4 yr olds first. Can't wait to let him experience it.
christybusybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #159
worryfreedisney
Disney and Universal Vacation Expert

Is the FE list still open? We just booked our May 2nd cruise and I'd love to be a part of it. It's one of our favorite parts of Disney cruises!
worryfreedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #160
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worryfreedisney
Is the FE list still open? We just booked our May 2nd cruise and I'd love to be a part of it. It's one of our favorite parts of Disney cruises!
Welcome to the group! Yes it is still open and we would love to have you join us. A lot of us are first timers to Disney but we are really excited about the FE. If you FB we have a page over there too. You do not have to FB to be included. Who are you cruising with?

My name is Janet and I'm traveling with my DD, Johannah, and she is 10.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #161
worryfreedisney

Yay! I am actually an experienced Disney cruiser (and travel agent), so let me know if I can help in any way! I do FB. Just let me know the name of the page.

I am cruising with my husband, kids and mom. We have two staterooms. I am Christine and I'm traveling with Bil (DH), Miranda (DD 18), Emily (DD 14), Nikolas (DS 10) and Mary (mom).

Even though I've been on a bunch of Disney cruises, this is the first one for my mom and kids. They are so excited!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #162
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worryfreedisney View Post
Yay! I am actually an experienced Disney cruiser (and travel agent), so let me know if I can help in any way! I do FB. Just let me know the name of the page.

I am cruising with my husband, kids and mom. We have two staterooms. I am Christine and I'm traveling with Bil (DH), Miranda (DD 18), Emily (DD 14), Nikolas (DS 10) and Mary (mom).

Even though I've been on a bunch of Disney cruises, this is the first one for my mom and kids. They are so excited!
Welcome Aboard, We so have room in the FE. Here a link, we are Disney Dreaming, May 2, 2013.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/269359996520135/

It is by invite so hop over and I will approve. You actually close to me, I am in Roanoke. I have cruised many times also but this is my first Disney. So, I welcome any advice; I have tried to add a few links, if know of other please feel free to add. I will be traveling with my daughter, her husband and children. My SIL actually has an art show in Richmond next weekend.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #163
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worryfreedisney

Search for Disney Dreamin', May 2, 2013 and you should find it. We are a closed group so just ask to join. I'm so excited!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #164
worryfreedisney

Just requested to join! I have several blog posts with advice about cruising in general and cruising with Disney. I will post them here and on the FB page. I'm happy to help in any way I can!

I saw that you are in Roanoke. Not too terribly far!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #165
sahara910
Mouseketeer

I just applied at the FB page I would love to do a FE

This is my first Disney Cruise but a friend of mine was on one and did the FE and it was so cool!

ETA:
My dd is 12, my ds is 10 and my ds is 3 (not potty trained at all so I am REALLY hoping that changes in 2 months lol)

Last edited by sahara910; 02-22-2013 at 09:21 PM.
sahara910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: