Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #136
morris family
Earning My Ears

May 2, 2013

Hi Everyone.

My husband and I just booked the 5/2/13 Cruise today. We are super excited. We have a DD -10. We haven't told her yet but I imagine there will be lots of happy screams and dancing when we do!
morris family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #137
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

WELCOME aboard, I think Janet's daughter is 10 also. We also have a facebook page if you are interested. Have you cruised before? Have you cruised Disney before?
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #138
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the boards! Yes my DD is 10...we are really excited...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #139
morris family
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamanxs View Post
WELCOME aboard, I think Janet's daughter is 10 also. We also have a facebook page if you are interested. Have you cruised before? Have you cruised Disney before?
Thank you. This is our very 1st cruise ever. We have wanted to do this for years and the opportunity presented itself in bright neon. We usually go to Disney World once a year. So this year we are doing the world for a few days and then heading off to the cruise. We set up the character call for my daughter tomorrow. I'll post later for her reaction to the news that we are really doing this....
morris family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #140
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris family

Thank you. This is our very 1st cruise ever. We have wanted to do this for years and the opportunity presented itself in bright neon. We usually go to Disney World once a year. So this year we are doing the world for a few days and then heading off to the cruise. We set up the character call for my daughter tomorrow. I'll post later for her reaction to the news that we are really doing this....
I'm going to the world after the cruise. I wish I would have booked before
Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #141
xuLauren
Earning My Ears

10 year anniversary cruise

Hello all! After much debate on how to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we decided to book the 5/2 sailing and take our kiddos with us. This will be our third Disney cruise. We did the Magic in December 2010, the Fantasy last month, and now we're doing the Dream. We also have a January 2014 Fantasy sailing booked.

Our actual anniversary is 5/3, so we're doing all sorts of fun things that day. Going to the Graycliff Hotel to taste some rum and learn how to roll our own cigars. Then upon return we're going to take the kids to dinner, drop them at the nursery and do adult dinner at Remy, finishing up just in time for the deck party to see the fireworks. yo-ho!

It'll be me (Lauren), DH (Brian), Mallory (DD-3) and Emerson (DD-1). We are staying on deck 5 in 5650 - we wanted to be close to all the kid stuff because we plan to have our kids there often. This is the same deck we'll be on in January when we do our annual trip with friends except we'll be on the Fantasy again.

Don't think we'll do the FE this time (we did one with 28 cabins in January!) because I don't have the bandwidth to get something cool together. Last time we brought anti-bordem kits for the kids (for the trip home) and some Cincinnati stuff for the adults (Cincinnati chili packets, air head candy which is made here, and a Bengals trading card).

Also, I highly recommend you bring a couple photo mats for the characters to sign. That way you can frame a picture of your kiddos with them and have the signatures around it. Just bring the mat - not the entire frame. We are giong to do a princess one this time. We've done pillow cases before too.

I'm bummed this ship does not have the Bippidy Boppidy Boutique. Mallory LOVED it and it will be hard to explain to her that there is not one on this otherwise identical ship.

Lauren DH - Brian DD - Mallory 4 y/o DD - Emerson 2 y/o

Fantasy - January 2014
Dream - May 2013 - 10 year anniversary celebration
Fantasy - January 2013
WDW - May 2012
Magic - December 2010
xuLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #142
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuLauren
Hello all! After much debate on how to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we decided to book the 5/2 sailing and take our kiddos with us. This will be our third Disney cruise. We did the Magic in December 2010, the Fantasy last month, and now we're doing the Dream. We also have a January 2014 Fantasy sailing booked.

Our actual anniversary is 5/3, so we're doing all sorts of fun things that day. Going to the Graycliff Hotel to taste some rum and learn how to roll our own cigars. Then upon return we're going to take the kids to dinner, drop them at the nursery and do adult dinner at Remy, finishing up just in time for the deck party to see the fireworks. yo-ho!

It'll be me (Lauren), DH (Brian), Mallory (DD-3) and Emerson (DD-1). We are staying on deck 5 in 5650 - we wanted to be close to all the kid stuff because we plan to have our kids there often. This is the same deck we'll be on in January when we do our annual trip with friends except we'll be on the Fantasy again.

Don't think we'll do the FE this time (we did one with 28 cabins in January!) because I don't have the bandwidth to get something cool together. Last time we brought anti-bordem kits for the kids (for the trip home) and some Cincinnati stuff for the adults (Cincinnati chili packets, air head candy which is made here, and a Bengals trading card).

Also, I highly recommend you bring a couple photo mats for the characters to sign. That way you can frame a picture of your kiddos with them and have the signatures around it. Just bring the mat - not the entire frame. We are giong to do a princess one this time. We've done pillow cases before too.

I'm bummed this ship does not have the Bippidy Boppidy Boutique. Mallory LOVED it and it will be hard to explain to her that there is not one on this otherwise identical ship.
Welcome to the group! I'm Janet and I'm traveling with my DD who is 10. Thank you for all the information, this is my first cruise so any information is helpful.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #143
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Welcome, sounds like you are a Disney Pro; most of us this is our Disney cruise, so we are very excited. My grandchildren will be and their parents. My Grandson is 5 and granddaughter is 1.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #144
pantoufle
Earning My Ears

It looks like all the kids in the group are either ~2, 3, 5, or 10. I think there are going to be a lot of friends made!
pantoufle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #145
pilk706
How can you not love Disney?

Happy to say that my family will be joining you guys. Myself, DW, DS (10 ), DS ( 8 ), and DD (6 but turning 7 the day we sail away). This will be the 4th Disney Cruise for DW and I and the 3rd for the kids. We were originally just going to spend the week at WDW but recently decided to change it up and add a cruise. We are doing the 7-night Western in December as well. Kids are obviously super excited.

Next stop is the Facebook page, lol.

Mar 1996 - Off Site, May 2000 - Disney Magic / Beach Club Villas, May 2003 - Contemporary, June 2005 - Coronado Springs, November 2006 - Old Key West, May 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, June 2007 - Saratoga Springs, October 2007 - Disney Wonder, December 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, May 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, October 2008 - Beach Club Villas, March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge, November 2009 - Disney Wonder, December 2009 - Saratoga Springs, October 2010 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower), May 2011 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower) / Disney Dream / Beach Club Villas, June 2012 - Hilton Head Resort, December 2012 - Old Key West
pilk706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #146
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilk706
Happy to say that my family will be joining you guys. Myself, DW, DS (10 ), DS ( 8 ), and DD (6 but turning 7 the day we sail away). This will be the 4th Disney Cruise for DW and I and the 3rd for the kids. We were originally just going to spend the week at WDW but recently decided to change it up and add a cruise. We are doing the 7-night Western in December as well. Kids are obviously super excited.

Next stop is the Facebook page, lol.
Welcome to the group. I'm sailing with my DD10.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #147
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Welcome, looks like you are a Disney Pro!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #148
reginaf
Earning My Ears

Welcome, this will be our first cruise with our 3 year old. Did your daughter spend much time in the nursery before?
reginaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #149
pilk706
How can you not love Disney?

Thanks guys... I look forward to chatting and sharing info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaf
Welcome, this will be our first cruise with our 3 year old. Did your daughter spend much time in the nursery before?
None of our children ever went in the nursery, however they have all loved the club/lab. DD gave us a hard time about it on her first cruise but she adapted quickly. The boys could have stayed there all day and night, lol.

Mar 1996 - Off Site, May 2000 - Disney Magic / Beach Club Villas, May 2003 - Contemporary, June 2005 - Coronado Springs, November 2006 - Old Key West, May 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, June 2007 - Saratoga Springs, October 2007 - Disney Wonder, December 2007 - Boardwalk Villas, May 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, October 2008 - Beach Club Villas, March 2009 - Wilderness Lodge, November 2009 - Disney Wonder, December 2009 - Saratoga Springs, October 2010 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower), May 2011 - Contemporary (Bay Lake Tower) / Disney Dream / Beach Club Villas, June 2012 - Hilton Head Resort, December 2012 - Old Key West
pilk706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #150
Barkell
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are 95% sure we'll be on this boat! We just haven't booked yet because my husband is out of town and we want to pick out the details together. But I'm researching everything now. This is our first pleasure cruise (he was in the Navy for 8 years, but that doesn't count, and I've never been "to sea"). This cruise is a combination 5-year wedding anniversary trip (married 3/18/08 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica) and a celebration of surviving 2012, which was the longest and most stressful year of our lives! Whew!

We'll be cruising with our 3-year-old daughter (she turns 4 on 8/20) but will be leaving our then-8-month-old son at home with Grandma & Papa. I am not looking forward to leaving him for 4 days, but I really didn't want to deal with bottles and diapers on a ship.

I'm quite sure what FE is all about yet, but it sounds like something we might be interested in. Is there a general information thread about it, or does each group set their own standards?

We'll be driving to Pt. Canaveral from our home in Savannah, GA.

I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to book!!!
Barkell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: