Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Has any UK member taken advantage of the new rule for the Disney Dining Plan?

Last year we had to make a DDP booking for every night of our member stay, it now seems that members can make one or more separate DDP bookings for any amount of days during your stay.

For example, we can book three 2-night DDP's during our 2-week vacation or just 5 consecutive nights, any combination it seems, even changing to a different type of Dining Plan.

If so that's great news and has any UK member taken advantage of this new rule yet?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Dizneemad
DIS Veteran

Have not heard of this offer becoming available, can I ask where you got the info as I would be interested in learning a bit more on this.
2009 Boardwalk Villa's 8 days & Conciege Anilmal Kingdom 7 days(DVC May),2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Sept) Thank you Mr Tesco, 2010 Boardwalk Villa's(DVC April),2011 California (April), 2011 Boardwalk Villa's(DVC) and Disney Dream(Sept), 2012 Yacht and Beach Club(DVC March),2012 Boardwalk Villa's (DVC Oct),2013 Hong Kong Disney(Apr),Boardwalk Villa's(DVC Oct),2014 Boardwalk Villa's (DVC Oct/Nov)
Dizneemad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Wedgeh
Mouseketeer

Not yet, although I intend to when I book later in the year. Bear in mind that if you're not purchasing the DDP when you book, you need to ensure the booking is segmented when you book it otherwise you'll have to cancel and rebook when you add the dining plan.

Wedgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Sue's Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgeh View Post
Not yet, although I intend to when I book later in the year. Bear in mind that if you're not purchasing the DDP when you book, you need to ensure the booking is segmented when you book it otherwise you'll have to cancel and rebook when you add the dining plan.
From what I have read, I have a feeling that this is not the case any more. But I will be ringing MS tomorrow and will ask the question.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran

We have managed to do it for our trip in July, we have had to segment our stay into different nights 1 night not on plan next 2 on plan etc but MS need to cancel the reservation and rebook linking the reservations together took a bit of time buat manged to get it completed.

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
Sue's Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelfbsfb View Post
We have managed to do it for our trip in July, we have had to segment our stay into different nights 1 night not on plan next 2 on plan etc but MS need to cancel the reservation and rebook linking the reservations together took a bit of time buat manged to get it completed.
Crumbs, what a pain for all involved!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
tubtruck
Tubtastic

This has always been the case and nothing new, the rule is you must have the DDP for the duration of a stay, if you choose to have 5 stays that happen to be linked and happen to be in the same room thats your business but happens to allow you to book DDP for each and every one or only for a couple of them.
I never bother doing this but often stay at more than one hotel whilst on property, this year I will be staying at 3 different ones and the DW and MIL will be staying at 4. DW and MIL are having the delux DDP for their 3 night stay at VWL, we are all staying at BCV for 3 nights and not on plan, we are then at the THV for 4 nights on the ordinary DDP followed by 3 nights at BLT where we again are having the DDP but have not decided as to if it will be the ordinary or the delux.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

We've booked 11 nights at BLT at Christmas with the last 6 nights on DDP by segmenting the reservation. It remains to be seen whether it will all work ok though
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
lam
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about doing something similar for our upcoming break in April but am afraid if they start messing about cancelling and re-booking/segmenting I may lose my booking.

Member Services advised me against touching my booking (I was looking to swap points with a friend) in case i may lose my accommodation during the process as they are very busy at AKV over Easter & no extra availability for my studio-all gone, so cannot 'double book' then cancel my original booking.
I thought computers were supposed to make things easier!!!!!

Lesley
ps Any idea how much in £ (from Disney UK site) and in $ (USA site) the standard (ie not quick service) plan is per adult?
I think may be cheaper for me to book in $ because of good rate with Euro
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Has any UK member taken advantage of the new rule for the Disney Dining Plan?

Disney Dining Plan Pricing:
$45.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+ from DVC web-site.
£32.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+ from Disney web site.

Told by Member Services that they could segment a reservation without canceling and losing booking.

Try ringing Member Services again, it seems members are being told different things depending on who you speak to.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
emmamc252
Mouseketeer

We have not done it yet but I am planning on phoning in a week or so to add dining and segment our reservation.
We are 10 nights in AKL and are planning to segment pretty much every night, then we can do 1 day on the DELUXE dining plan and next without etc for whole stay.
We really don't like counter service so the regular dining plan doesn't really work for us, as you get 3 TS credits on the delux, and they last until midnight the day you "c heck out" this in practice means we have 3TS credits every 2 days, so we will be having 1 TS dinner one day and then either a signature TS the next or a character breakfast and another regular TS.
The delux plan costs $78.99pp, you ALSO get 3 courses instead of 2 at the restaurants, so for us this is a no brainer!
I have read a lot about it and know that ppl have had problems but I am more than willing to be the one to sort it out if there is any, its always me anyway, but for us this represents really good value.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmamc252 View Post
We have not done it yet but I am planning on phoning in a week or so to add dining and segment our reservation.
We are 10 nights in AKL and are planning to segment pretty much every night, then we can do 1 day on the DELUXE dining plan and next without etc for whole stay.
We really don't like counter service so the regular dining plan doesn't really work for us, as you get 3 TS credits on the delux, and they last until midnight the day you "c heck out" this in practice means we have 3TS credits every 2 days, so we will be having 1 TS dinner one day and then either a signature TS the next or a character breakfast and another regular TS.
The delux plan costs $78.99pp, you ALSO get 3 courses instead of 2 at the restaurants, so for us this is a no brainer!
I have read a lot about it and know that ppl have had problems but I am more than willing to be the one to sort it out if there is any, its always me anyway, but for us this represents really good value.
Just remember that when you ask to segment your holiday they will need to cancel your original reservation, make sure its still available before segmenting

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelfbsfb View Post
Just remember that when you ask to segment your holiday they will need to cancel your original reservation, make sure its still available before segmenting
Thats not true - I did this is May and they didn't have to cancel it.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
1andrea
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Does anyone know if segmenting is still allowed for DVC owners? We'd love to do DDP for part of our next vacation but over 2 weeks would be too much food'

Thanks

[/url]

2005 January DLRP 3 Nights Dream Castle
2005 May/June 14 Nights Swan and Dolphin and 7 Nights Clearwater
2006 May/ June 10 Nights All Stars Movies and 10 Nights Jamaica
2007 June 14 Nights Saratoga Springs
2008 May/June 21 Nights Beach Club Villas, Hard Rock Hotel and Wilderness Lodge Villas
December 16 Nights Polynesian, Portofino Bay and Grand Floridian
2009 March DLRP 3 Nights Sequoia Lodge
2009 May/ June 22 Nights Port Orleans Riverside, Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 May/ June 26 Nights Bay Lake Tower, Hard Rock Hotel and Boardwalk Villas

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

[/url]

1andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
1andrea
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Does anyone know if segmenting is still allowed for DVC owners? We'd love to do DDP for part of our next vacation but over 2 weeks would be too much food'

Thanks

[/url]

2005 January DLRP 3 Nights Dream Castle
2005 May/June 14 Nights Swan and Dolphin and 7 Nights Clearwater
2006 May/ June 10 Nights All Stars Movies and 10 Nights Jamaica
2007 June 14 Nights Saratoga Springs
2008 May/June 21 Nights Beach Club Villas, Hard Rock Hotel and Wilderness Lodge Villas
December 16 Nights Polynesian, Portofino Bay and Grand Floridian
2009 March DLRP 3 Nights Sequoia Lodge
2009 May/ June 22 Nights Port Orleans Riverside, Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 May/ June 26 Nights Bay Lake Tower, Hard Rock Hotel and Boardwalk Villas

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

[/url]

1andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: