Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
CPAmomX2
Earning My Ears

Leaving Fri- RSR & Parkhopper ?s

We are leaving Friday for our first DL trip and are SO excited. A couple of last minute ?s I am having thoughts about. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

We are staying in Buena Park so the only early entry we have is from 4 day tickets. That being said.. we will attempt to be at RD one morning for DCA, most likely Wednesday. Should we get in line immediately for RSR or the RSR fastpass line? (We do have a toddler and so will also need to child swap)

Also, we are planning to purchase park hopper tickets. Is park hopping a good plan for seeing the parks or would we be better to focus on one park per day? Assuming we do hop, how to we schedule our ridemax itenerary? Not sure how to maximize our use of this tool.

Any other final suggestions?

Thanks
CPAmomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
Priory
Mouseketeer

Isn't there some trick where you can use fastpasses twice when you child swap? Just for that you may want to go the Fp route so you can each ride twice.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

The FP and child swap trick depends on how many are in the party and how many tickets you have. If it is two adults and one non-ticket holding child, I would think single rider is the best bet. Child swap doesn't get you any advantage. If you have more people, then the situation can change.

You may or may not want to hop based on your touring style (commando vs. relaxed) and priorities. Since you have at least one small child, it may not be as easy for you to hop as others. Hopping can be good for escaping crowds, maximizing FP usage, as well as having flexible entertainment options.

As far as Ridemax and park hopping, you have to tell RM to end your itinerary at a specific time and then make another itinerary with a new starting time. Alternatively, RM almost always has a big chunk of downtime in the afternoon. I will often use that time to park hop and collect a FP or two.

Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Gongoman
Earning My Ears

I agree with ArchOwl. Single Rider is the best bet, since its literally a madhouse to get FPs for RSR. RSR is known to break down alot, so doing it early in the day will definitely help!! :D
Gongoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Archowl hit the nail on the head
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
CPAmomX2
Earning My Ears

We will be traveling with two adults,a 9 and a 2 year old. So thinking fast pass and child swap pass maybe is the way to go? Grandma/pa may come along at some point during the day so may be able to utilize single rider line- would a 9 year old boy be ok doing that?

Think I will go ahead and order hopper tickets so we have the flexibility. Figure we will have to commando style early and then try to be more relaxed after afternoon nap. Want to try to experience as much of the park as possible. We will have Sat afternoon/evening, Tues, Wed, & Friday day in the parks- hoping we can get alot done!

Thank you for your input....pre-trip jitters have definately set in!
CPAmomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAmomX2 View Post
We will be traveling with two adults,a 9 and a 2 year old. So thinking fast pass and child swap pass maybe is the way to go? Grandma/pa may come along at some point during the day so may be able to utilize single rider line- would a 9 year old boy be ok doing that?

Think I will go ahead and order hopper tickets so we have the flexibility. Figure we will have to commando style early and then try to be more relaxed after afternoon nap. Want to try to experience as much of the park as possible. We will have Sat afternoon/evening, Tues, Wed, & Friday day in the parks- hoping we can get alot done!

Thank you for your input....pre-trip jitters have definately set in!
I know my 9 year old niece would not be comfortable riding alone. So I wouldn't do it, but of course it totally depends on your child. If you decide to skip the single rider line, optimize your rides with FP and child swap. Since the 2 year old won't have a ticket, you can't really gain an advantage, but using the child swap pass does get the 9 year old an extra ride!

No need for jitters, you are more prepared than most visitors and will have a great time!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: