Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #916
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
Just be prepared that there is a chance that if you book in the Nemo section, there may not be rooms available at the discounted rate when/if they come out. Those rooms sell out fastest so they usually don't need to discount them. You'll have the option to keep the Nemo room but at full rack rate or move to the Cars or Lion King suites at the discounted rate. It will probably depend on what time of year you're going. We went during the summer (but the resort was not at full capacity) -- my TA warned me ahead of time and had me give her my back-up plan if it happened when she called to modify our reservation to the discounted rate.

Not trying to discourage anyone -- just giving you a heads' up so you can be prepared if it happens.
or the room you want may be sold out! I was surprised when I made my weekly check for a discount on AoA LM room over marathon weekend (as if lol) and it's no longer listed as available for marathon weekend in January.

Glad we were able to grab two rooms before the rates were officially listed, thanks again to all here who suggested I book then.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #917
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
or the room you want may be sold out! I was surprised when I made my weekly check for a discount on AoA LM room over marathon weekend (as if lol) and it's no longer listed as available for marathon weekend in January.

Glad we were able to grab two rooms before the rates were officially listed, thanks again to all here who suggested I book then.
I waited until 2014 packages were released to book my LM room for that whole week, and I was biting my lip nervous that I would regret not booking room only before then in case rooms were booked solid for the marathon. Guess I lucked out!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #918
TinkerDust10
Earning My Ears

We love our first stay ever at DW

Stayed here for my 1st trip ever to DW in December. We stayed in the lion king suite. It was absolutely gorgeous. A big fan of the movie and my son who I call my little lion king loved it as well. We're going back in 7 days but we will be staying at a different resort. My son thinks that we are staying in his lion king room, LOL. Maybe in the future. I do want to try each room on our future visits!

DL: 2009, 2010
WDW: AOA 2012, ASMo 2013

DS-5 & DD-4
TinkerDust10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #919
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

I will be needing to get a taxi to the contemporary from AoA one morning for a very early dining reservation, anybody know how much this will cost??
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #920
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamorgan
I will be needing to get a taxi to the contemporary from AoA one morning for a very early dining reservation, anybody know how much this will cost??
Around $20.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #921
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Around $20.
Great thanks!
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #922
Martini Mom
Earning My Ears

We will be staying in a Nemo suite in about a week. Any particular building or room we should request?
Martini Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #923
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

Not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I wanted to book a one night room only LM room before our Free dining package starts at Pop. The Disney site showed no availability, but was able to book a room there through Expedia. I've never booked a Disney room through a website so I don't know if I made a wise choice or not, but Im excited to find out!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #924
harbin
Mouseketeer

Review of AOA:

Hey there! We stayed at AOA 7/26-8/1, Finding Nemo Suite Building 5, room 5740. It was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! Very close to animation hall, pool was right outside, quiet, and very clean room. I loved that we had so much room, and two bathrooms made a huge difference. I will stay at AOA every time we go back, until my boys are older, (they are 7, & 2.5) now. Pool was fantastic, Landscape of Flavors was great. I really had no complaints whatsoever. Of course I would like to try a stay at a deluxe, but I think the boys loved the AOA so much that will be our "home" when we go! Have a fantastic time!
harbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #925
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Mom View Post
We will be staying in a Nemo suite in about a week. Any particular building or room we should request?
We were in bldg 4, 2nd floor fairly close to elevators & it was great. I didn't make any requests as I figured we'd be good no matter which bldg/floor we ended up with in Nemo. If being on a higher or lower floor matters to you, or if being closer to Animation Hall or buses is important you might want to make a request like that. We loved the 2nd floor as we don't have any strollers or scooters & liked taking the stairs. Most (if not all) of the rooms in that section (both bldgs) are very convenient to everything you'd need. Bldg 4 is on the Cars side so slightly closer to that pool, & 5 is on the LK/LM side. Have a great trip!!!
Running Babeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #926
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I wanted to book a one night room only LM room before our Free dining package starts at Pop. The Disney site showed no availability, but was able to book a room there through Expedia. I've never booked a Disney room through a website so I don't know if I made a wise choice or not, but Im excited to find out!
You will be fine. You can even do the magic express by booking through Expedia. Enjoy your 1 night stay!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #927
Vivilove
Mouseketeer

I'm doing the same thing. I booked the LM room for one night and then going to POR w/ free dining for the rest of our trip. I actually booked mine online because when i called a CM told me they didn't have it available but if I saw it online as available I should book it right away. That was yesterday evening.We had our POR reservations first so I just decided at the last minute to book the LM room for an additional night to our vacation. We will be staying there first with no park tickets or dining plan. So we will just go to DTD for shopping and meals as well as the food court at AOA and of course enjoy the pools on our first day there. The next day we will head to POR for our Royal room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post

Vivilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #928
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Mom View Post
We are here now. We have a Lion King room because there were no discounts offered on Nemo rooms. We are in bldg 6, first floor, right on the corner. My room is actually closer to the pool, restaurant, and transport than a room in Nemo. The decor is not so nice, but LK was a lot less per night than Nemo.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #929
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali in wonderland View Post
We are here now. We have a Lion King room because there were no discounts offered on Nemo rooms. We are in bldg 6, first floor, right on the corner. My room is actually closer to the pool, restaurant, and transport than a room in Nemo. The decor is not so nice, but LK was a lot less per night than Nemo.
Have a great time! I'm jealous because I have a year to wait. We are staying in the LM section. Have fun!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #930
tiffminnielover
Earning My Ears

Some AofA questions!

Hello! we are thinking of planning a trip in late September/early October. Just had a few questions

1. Is the free Dining Plan ever offered at the AOA resort?

2. We wanted to stay in a nemo suite, what building is close to the buses and restaurant?

So excited to start planning!
tiffminnielover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: