Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Joining the new thread - hoping for a Nemo suite for our October 2013 trip! Though Lion King or Cars would be shiny too

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Eoywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #77
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin
Joining the new thread - hoping for a Nemo suite for our October 2013 trip! Though Lion King or Cars would be shiny too
The best part of AOA is that you can choose your area!

We started with a Lion King suite -- but we always theme our trips, and we are going on a cruise so we themed Finding Nemo this year -- and switched to a finding Nemo suite!

Argh -- 39 more days cannot wait!
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
tracyheartsmickey
Mouseketeer

Checking in... So excited about our girls only trip (my sister and our two daughters) in a LM room, Oct. 4-8.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #79
maroney495
Mouseketeer

Checking in to LM Nov 9 for 8 nights.....Really excited
maroney495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #80
autryrw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
One you make you ticker they usually give you three different options to copy and paste into your signature. The one that says for message board usually will not work on this site. Try the other options one of them will usually work.

Dee over at the Beach Club Thread has this posted and it seems to help.

Complete instructions for Making a Ticker and Adding to Signature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find a ticker you like on someone's post. Click on it and it will take you to the site where it was created. You can then customize the background picture, text and dates.

When you are finished, a code will be created that you can copy and paste into your signature.

The code will look something like this:

{url=http://distickers.com/ticker/}{img}http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7xmp2twsyl9lfoey.png{/img}{/url}

note: I have replaced the brackets [ ] with braces { } so the address could appear instead of the ticker.

Go to your User CP (upper left corner of this site)
Under Your Control Panel, you will find Settings and Options.
Here is where you can Edit Signature.

Copy and Paste the code from the ticker site you used into your signature.

The ticker, and anything else you add to your signature (smilies, names, past trips, links to trip reports) will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Please note that you only get a certain amount of space for your signature, so it part of it is cutting off, you may need to condense some of the stuff above it.
Thank you. I was getting so frustrated. Every time I pasted the link it would not work. I am so excited to see my countdown and it looks like we will be there within a week of one another.

10/31/2012 - MNSSHP@MK, HS, F&W@Epcot, AK (AOA-LM)
12/2003 - MVMCP@MK, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure and Seaworld
05/1996 - MK, Seaworld, Gator Land
01/1993 - MK, MGM, Epcot
... & a few childhood trips (1st trip 1975)
autryrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #81
TSM
Mouseketeer

LM room Sept 15-21! With FD!!Cant wait!!
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #82
autryrw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
Booked AOA Nemo Suite 1/6-1/13. Made all of my ADR's too...I am so excited to see my kids faces when we get there.
I have changed my ADR's 3x already but as it now stands Liberty Tree Tavern, Rain Forest, T-Rex, Chef Mickey, Sci-Fi and Teppan Edo. Can you tell I will be with a child?

10/31/2012 - MNSSHP@MK, HS, F&W@Epcot, AK (AOA-LM)
12/2003 - MVMCP@MK, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure and Seaworld
05/1996 - MK, Seaworld, Gator Land
01/1993 - MK, MGM, Epcot
... & a few childhood trips (1st trip 1975)

Last edited by autryrw; 07-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.
autryrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #83
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Tempted to book AoA for May 6-11, 2013. Its between Pop and AoA. Does AOa have its own bus to the parks?

AJ1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #84
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
Tempted to book AoA for May 6-11, 2013. Its between Pop and AoA. Does AOa have its own bus to the parks?
Yes
Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #85
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Hi Kristy. I've looked at a million sites, threads, etc, lately, and it seems to me that I saw, on an official Disney site, that they don't want you to bring your own coffee maker. They said it was a fire hazard. Why would it be more of a hazard than the pots in the suites? I don't know. Maybe just because they can't control what brand, how old, etc. Anyway, I tried looking again now, and can't find where I saw it before.

So, you can pretend you never read this, or you think I'm a crackpot (that won't hurt my feelings), you can leave the pot at home and struggle through with Nescafe, or you can unplug and "put away" the coffee maker when you are leaving the room, both for fire safety and to avoid any Dis hassles. KWIM?
This is the first I am hearing of this, so thanks for posting it! Their reasoning makes sense (if it is controlling it themselves, what brand, how old, etc...). I don't understand why they have them in suites but not standard rooms (in any Value resort). Coffee drinkers stay everywhere. I don't care, it's more for DH. He says he does not care, but then we'll get there and he will start complaining.

From what I read (on this site), Nescafe is still being used in the food courts. There is a long thread about Nescafe. Therefore, using the refillable mugs will not even get DH actual coffee (just Nescafe). I believe it is pods in the coffee makers in the suites at AoA.

If we bring our fairly new coffee maker that has been used maybe 10x, I will unplug it when we leave the room. I usually follow rules though, so maybe I will not bring it.

Last edited by sixkristy6; 07-13-2012 at 08:47 PM.
sixkristy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #86
catexer
Mouseketeer

Booked LM for Marathon weekend

Just booked our Marathon weekend (and beyond) trip. Checking in 1/7/13, checking our 1/18/13. Little Mermaid room. I've registered for the Goofy Challenge! I am total whack-a-doodle.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #87
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

We booked a LM room for September 2013. If free dining is offered though we will upgrade to POR. Either way we will be staying in a new resort for us. Prior trips we have always stayed at POP.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #88
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn
We are staying at All-Star Movies 11-29 to 12-1 this year. Am I crazy to keep trying for a LM room? I've been checking every day and so far no luck
Have you tried Pop? A short walk over the bridge to check out the new digs. True you can't use the pool or be in a room, but more of an opportunity to set your sights than if you stay at asm.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

We are staying in LM in November 2013. Can't wait to see photos and read reviews. I am hoping to be able to upgrade to a suite, but I am personally struggling with the additional $1,000. Maybe I will wait until I read some reviews...
Old 07-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #90
moose615
DIS Veteran

We are staying at AOA in the LM rooms from Oct. 7th- 10th soo excited my lil girl loves LM shes so excited for her first trip
moose615 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: