Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #871
HollyJoy
DIS Veteran

Looking into this resort for a possible trip over Thanksgiving week 2014. Finding that booking 2 Little Mermaid Standard rooms is cheaper than a suite! (go figure). Anyway, can anyone who has stayed here in the LM rooms, recommend a good area/room #? I will have two teen girls, and a 6 year old girl (who is on her very first trip).. want a magical room, with a magical view

Visit my blog
HollyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #872
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJoy View Post
Looking into this resort for a possible trip over Thanksgiving week 2014. Finding that booking 2 Little Mermaid Standard rooms is cheaper than a suite! (go figure). Anyway, can anyone who has stayed here in the LM rooms, recommend a good area/room #? I will have two teen girls, and a 6 year old girl (who is on her very first trip).. want a magical room, with a magical view
I requested lakeview building 7 for a nice view of the lake and POP. We had a lakeview at POP last year and loved it. It was quiet, too.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #873
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Okay guys, I think we are leaning toward booking 2 LM rooms over a suite. We don't mind the walk, but we also like being able to be in a room that allows you to cut through the parking lot to get to the bus stops easily if we want to. We have stayed at POP in the 80's section and in the baseball section at ASSp and were able to find an easy route to the bus stops. Are there any rooms in the LM section that would allow this? We would love to face the pool and not the parking lot if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? I hope this doesn't sound silly. We are looking forward to spending quite a bit of time walking through the grounds to see everything also. I was also wondering if it would be better to request a top floor or bottom floor with an 18 month old in a stroller. Any thoughts?

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #874
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Okay guys, I think we are leaning toward booking 2 LM rooms over a suite. We don't mind the walk, but we also like being able to be in a room that allows you to cut through the parking lot to get to the bus stops easily if we want to. We have stayed at POP in the 80's section and in the baseball section at ASSp and were able to find an easy route to the bus stops. Are there any rooms in the LM section that would allow this? We would love to face the pool and not the parking lot if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? I hope this doesn't sound silly. We are looking forward to spending quite a bit of time walking through the grounds to see everything also. I was also wondering if it would be better to request a top floor or bottom floor with an 18 month old in a stroller. Any thoughts?
I never tried it, but it didn't look to be any shorter going on the backside/parking lot side of the buildings.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #875
LaurenRenae
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I never tried it, but it didn't look to be any shorter going on the backside/parking lot side of the buildings.
I did try it and it doesn't help. There's a curb that juts out around the bus area. I think there was a fence too. There is no shortcut to the buses. There are pretty much no shortcuts anywhere given the landscaping placements. Your best bet is to ask to be close to the elevator with the stroller.
LaurenRenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #876
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenRenae View Post
I did try it and it doesn't help. There's a curb that juts out around the bus area. I think there was a fence too. There is no shortcut to the buses. There are pretty much no shortcuts anywhere given the landscaping placements. Your best bet is to ask to be close to the elevator with the stroller.
Isn't that just the most mind boggling thing? It's like they tried hard NOT to make it easy to get from those rooms to the bus stop.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #877
SweetStitch13
Earning My Ears

Hi all! Just read through a lot of this thread and found some very helpful information. My boyfriend and I booked a LM room for Aug. 2014, but in reading reviews here and one some other sites, I'm worried about the mousekeeping. I've read that some of the rooms are dirty at check-in (even with dead bugs on the ceiling! ), and that mousekeeping doesn't always bring new towels or do a good job. Can anyone share their experiences? We're not very picking people, but bugs are one thing I'm very squeamish about. Thanks!!
SweetStitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #878
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenRenae View Post
Thank you. Just thought I would ask. I knew you guys would know.

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #879
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetStitch13 View Post
Hi all! Just read through a lot of this thread and found some very helpful information. My boyfriend and I booked a LM room for Aug. 2014, but in reading reviews here and one some other sites, I'm worried about the mousekeeping. I've read that some of the rooms are dirty at check-in (even with dead bugs on the ceiling! ), and that mousekeeping doesn't always bring new towels or do a good job. Can anyone share their experiences? We're not very picking people, but bugs are one thing I'm very squeamish about. Thanks!!
We were there 10 days and didn't have any issues with mousekeeping.

And I say better a dead bug on the ceiling than a live one.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #880
Tinkerbrat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt9498 View Post
but didn't realize until we were on the way home the wedding figures I purchased and placed on the cake were missing. Really disappointing. I hate to complain, but I guess I really should call and report it.
Did you ever call, and if so, what happened?
Tinkerbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #881
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbrat

Did you ever call, and if so, what happened?
Can it please be March?

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #882
LaurenRenae
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Isn't that just the most mind boggling thing? It's like they tried hard NOT to make it easy to get from those rooms to the bus stop.
Yes, I felt like that at every turn! One day I had to run back to the room by myself, so when I went back down I took the stairs. Even there, it's not like you have a straight line to the sidewalk. You have to, like, walk around in a square to get around the plants. It's nice to look at but so oddly laid out. Like they paid no heed to where and what people would actually be walking to.
LaurenRenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #883
SweetStitch13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We were there 10 days and didn't have any issues with mousekeeping.

And I say better a dead bug on the ceiling than a live one.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. And ha! When you put it that way, I feel a bit better about it.
SweetStitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #884
camgenemmysmom
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! Staying here Nov. 12-19 2013
camgenemmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #885
Sunlover317
Earning My Ears

We are at AoA right now. It is really cool. We were disappointed to wake up and find Ramone is boxed in. When we arrived, we found the Sheriff is fenced in. I'm guessing Ramone is being repaired. We have seen kids and adults climbing all over them and someone has peeled off Lightening's headlight decal and parts if his other stickers. Sally's hood ornament is also peeled off. It amazes me that people let their kids climb all over and destroy the cars. 😞

On another note, the mouse keeping has been excellent. We've had fresh towels, beds made and the room cleaned daily. The food has been good too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: