Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #841
Huggups
Earning My Ears

Wow! I'm with the guy wanting his coffee in the morning. The suites are a tad expensive to me. They should at least supply a coffee maker!
Huggups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #842
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
Yep! Our family was going back and forth on whether we were going to stay at AoA or Pop--it really didn't matter to us. We finally decided on giving AoA a try and, of course, it was booked up. And, like many of us know, nothing makes you care about something you didn't care about before than not being able to get the thing that you picked.

Anyway, I checked online probably about three times a day after we booked at pop for an opening in LM. It was about five days of doing this before I found an opening. Very lucky. This was probably 2-3 months ago for an August trip.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We also got a cancellation last December. You just have to be persistent and check online for availability every day. We had a week booked and were looking to add a few days at the beginning. We booked the Pop as a fallback and would have changed resorts if needed, but it was really nice to just check in and stay for 10 straight nights. It was an awesome feeling when that last night finally showed up for us.
Thank you I'll keep trying!
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #843
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

room requests?

I know this has been talked about on previous threads, but I can't seem to piece together a great answer! we're staying in the LM section in October; we have 3 rooms with 2 sets of grandparents in 2 rooms, and myself, husband, and 2 kids (ages 5 and 2) in another room. What would be our best bet as far as a room request? Specific building? top floor vs bottom floor? Anything else I should add?

Thanks so much!!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #844
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggups View Post
Wow! I'm with the guy wanting his coffee in the morning. The suites are a tad expensive to me. They should at least supply a coffee maker!
The suites do have a coffee maker. It's the same Cuisinart one featured at other resorts. I've seen the same coffee maker at POR and Contemporary. Our housekeeping staff was very generous in giving us extra pods, even though there's only so much coffee my husband can drink & I don't drink coffee! But if you love your coffee, there is a coffee maker in the suites.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #845
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Are there shampoo/conditioner and body soap in the Suite's bathrooms? I assume bars of soaps for handwashing just wondering what else...hopefully the O2 brand.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #846
mom2dina
Mouseketeer

Anyone not like the automated bathroom fan, the fan comes on via motion detection in the bathroom?

It kept freakening me out at night! and disturbing everyone.

We needed some "Magic" to get it to stop!
mom2dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #847
paradesintherain
Earning My Ears

We just booked a room at the Lion King suites for August 9-17! Very last minute, but I am so excited. The Lion King may be my all-time favorite movie. The buildings all seem pretty close to everything, but are there any building/room requests to make?
paradesintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #848
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
We just booked a room at the Lion King suites for August 9-17! Very last minute, but I am so excited. The Lion King may be my all-time favorite movie. The buildings all seem pretty close to everything, but are there any building/room requests to make?
How exciting we stayed in Lion King last year we requested a upper floor courtyard view. Something else to think about the back side of building number 6 would allow for a lake view from some rooms.

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #849
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dina View Post
Anyone not like the automated bathroom fan, the fan comes on via motion detection in the bathroom?

It kept freakening me out at night! and disturbing everyone.

We needed some "Magic" to get it to stop!
I second that!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #850
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

We are headed to AoA in August for two nights prior to our cruise. We are spending the day at AK, then would like to spend some time swimming at BBP. Walking is hard for me, so a room close to buses would be nice. Right now we have a Lion King suite booked. What should I request as far as building? Would you recommend switching to Nemo or Cars instead? We are DVC and have never stayed at a value resort, but I thought my kids would appreciate the theme of AoA.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #851
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Can anyone give me some info about the drawing lesson at the resort? My dd12 really wants to do this. Is it similar to the one at Hollywood Studios?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #852
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali in wonderland View Post
We are headed to AoA in August for two nights prior to our cruise. We are spending the day at AK, then would like to spend some time swimming at BBP. Walking is hard for me, so a room close to buses would be nice. Right now we have a Lion King suite booked. What should I request as far as building? Would you recommend switching to Nemo or Cars instead? We are DVC and have never stayed at a value resort, but I thought my kids would appreciate the theme of AoA.
I would go with a Nemo room. There is not a room in those buildings that is too far from anything. You can request a ground floor or, if you prefer higher floors, you can request near the elevator. The elevator are in the center of the buildings.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #853
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got back from a week in a Lion King suite at AoA. We were originally booked in a Nemo room so that we would (in my opinion) be close to everything but there were no Nemo rooms available at the discount rates when they came out a few months ago so we switched to Cars. My plan was to try to switch to Nemo at check in but there were no rooms available when we checked in. I asked the CM for a room close to the main building and bus stops in either Cars or Lion King. He said, "I have the perfect room for you. It's one of the best locations in the resort!" We ended up in building 10 of Lion King in the wing that's closest to the main building. We were on the 4th floor, 2 doors from the end of the hall (right by the stairs). It was a very quick (as in a minute or so) walk from our room to the main building and the Big Blue Pool when using the stairs. Using the elevator added a little more time (I usually only used the elevator when going up to the room). The bus stops were also a very quick walk either through the main building or by using the sidewalk along the parking lot. Our room was closer to the main building than many of the rooms in the Nemo buildings and I was once again reminded of the importance of telling the CM what's important and not necessarily telling them what building you want to be in. We quickly realized that 2/3 of the rooms in the Nemo buildings were much further from the main building and bus stops than our room in Lion King was.

I would tell the check-in CM your needs and see what rooms are available that will work for you. You might also want to keep in mind that the elevators are in the center of each building so if you can't comfortably do steps, it might be good to request a room near the elevators if you can't be on the ground floor.

Last edited by bluezy; 07-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #854
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would call and request "close to Animation Hall." We were in a Lion King suite at the end of building 6 (facing the lake), close to Animation Hall. We didn't make any requests, but that location was great!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #855
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Hello,

Leaving in 30 days!!!!! Staying at the lion king suites... Excited!!!!!! Do they provide soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels???????
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: