Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #781
Sunlover317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

It is a maximum of 6 for ages 3 and up. Sorry. : (

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks. I was thinking that.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #782
tnt9498
Ah yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it!

14 days! LM room for me (mom), so excited!

1979~Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
1983~Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
1989~Disney Inn
1999~Westgate Lakes
2002~All-Star Movies
2008~Pop Century
2013~Art of Animation
tnt9498 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #783
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Has anyone had any luck getting a cancelation on a Little Mermaid room?
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #784
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Hi everyone! Just read through the entire thread, whew!
Need some advice.
We are a family of 6; Me, DH, DS14, DD12, DS,10, DS7

We are booked for a surprise 7 nt stay (kids think we are off site) in a Cars Suite for the end of August. We have a room only discount, only doing BOG for a sit down meal, the rest will be easy stuff in the room and some counter service. I plan to to have WegoShop deliver some groceries. (Mainly cold stuff we can't bring with us) We are not big eaters, especially in the Florid heat. We do better with several nutritious snacks and one main meal.

So, this is my dilema. Should we stay in our Suite or switch to 2 LM rooms? I almost think we will have more room in the two rooms...two refrigs will probably equal the one larger one in the suites. My 14 year old is over 6ft tall and it just seems like the bed options are not going to be great.

I haven't priced out the cost, but I wonder if it may be less expensive as well. The kids won't really care so much the theming of the room...they are huge Disney Movie fans and love all the possible options. The kids keep talking about how cool AoA looks and maybe someday we can stay there. They won't know until we show up at ME and not the car rental counter!
Yea! What a wonderful surprise. I understand your dilemma as we are a family of 6 and have contemplated both options as well. At time of travel our kids will be 13, 10, 4, and 24 months. We have decided that this will be the only year where we can all sleep comfortably in a suite; the youngest will be in a pack n play. Our next visit in two years we will be getting 2 rooms. For us, sleeping comfortably and getting a good nights rest is number one priority. We do not spend much time in the room except for sleep. However, for families that plan to eat more meals in room I can see how a suite is more functional; you have a microwave and disposable dinnerware and utensils.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #785
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
The family suites are 565 square feet, while the LM rooms are 277 or 554 square feet in two of them so you would have a tiny bit more space in the suite. With the suite you and dh would have a door that closes for some space for yourselves which would be nice. You'd also have the bed that converts to a table to sit down and eat since you plan to eat in room a bit, and you'd have a microwave to heat up leftovers or for things you don't want to eat cold. I think personally I'd prefer the suites for those reasons. Being able to close up the sofa bed and turn the other into a table gives you more actual living space during the day rather than always having to sit on the bed.
Of course if you prefer the LM or the cost is much better then that is a better decision for you. Just some of my thoughts.
Thanks, and yes those are good thoughts. I was thinking my Dh and I in one room and throw the 4 kids in the other I just know that our kids don't sleep well together and that maybe the queen beds would be better. I just wish there was a microwave in the LM rooms...
What kind of table is in the LM rooms? We stayed at CBR with 2 rooms and it worked out well...there was a smallish table in each room.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #786
dizzycrazy
Earning My Ears

Question Window/Door Decorating?

Does anyone decorate windows or doors at AOA? I am assuming that the suites have 1 window???? True? Are the doors metal?

DH DW DS 10 DD 6 DDog

July 2000 ~ First Trip with DH! Celebrated Second Anniversay! ~ POR
July 2007 ~ First Family Trip to Disney! Celebrated 9th Anniversary! DS 4, DD 9 mo ~ Pop

dizzycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #787
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycrazy View Post
Does anyone decorate windows or doors at AOA? I am assuming that the suites have 1 window???? True? Are the doors metal?
I think the doors are metal and there are 2 windows in the suites- in the living area and bedroom. We've gotten lazy over the years with window decorating but I love seeing others' display!

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #788
michashell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Thanks, and yes those are good thoughts. I was thinking my Dh and I in one room and throw the 4 kids in the other I just know that our kids don't sleep well together and that maybe the queen beds would be better. I just wish there was a microwave in the LM rooms...
What kind of table is in the LM rooms? We stayed at CBR with 2 rooms and it worked out well...there was a smallish table in each room.
I'm pretty sure that there are double beds, not queen, in the LM rooms. Does anyone else know? There's a queen bed in the master bedroom of the family suites.
michashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #789
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michashell

I'm pretty sure that there are double beds, not queen, in the LM rooms. Does anyone else know?
You are correct. The LM rooms have 2 doubles, not queens.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #790
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I just changed over my POP reservation for Marathon weekend to a Little Mermaid room at AOA! I am so excited, but I need to ask this--where is the closest LM room to the front? I don't know that I'm going to want a super long walk after running 26.2 miles.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #791
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I just changed over my POP reservation for Marathon weekend to a Little Mermaid room at AOA! I am so excited, but I need to ask this--where is the closest LM room to the front? I don't know that I'm going to want a super long walk after running 26.2 miles.
The only LM rooms are in the buildings farthest from Animation Hall. It's not close. If you want to try out a resort with terrific theming and great Disney fell, then stay at AoA. But if you want a close room, go back to Pop and get a preferred room and request something close to the food court.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #792
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Take a taxi back after the race and get dropped off at the LM section. Then you won't have to risk standing on the bus too.
Closest building to parking lot is #9

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #793
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

subscribing

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #794
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You are correct. The LM rooms have 2 doubles, not queens.
Ok, so that is good to know...the murphy bed in the suites is full size..is that the same as a double. I sound bed illiterate...
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #795
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus

Ok, so that is good to know...the murphy bed in the suites is full size..is that the same as a double. I sound bed illiterate...

Yes full bed = double bed. The suites are very nice and spacious, the beds are comfortable. My ds14 is 5'5" and was comfortable on the Murphy bed with his little brother.

Have a wonderful time!
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: