Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #751
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears
 
DanaMark3boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneytwinsmom
I just upgraded us from the LM room to a Finding Nemo suite! So excited. I am not telling my family...until we get there and walk in the room! I thought that since we will be there for 8 days that it would be nice to have the extra space.

Can't wait!

This thread has been great! and it helped me making the decision to upgrade our room!
Congrats!!! So exciting!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it add on to your total?
When I checked for us, it adds almost 1200.00 for our 8 day trip. I want to upgrade so bad but I can't justify the price jump when our family only uses the room to sleep, we are never in there.
DanaMark3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #752
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran
 
Disneytwinsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMark3boys View Post
Congrats!!! So exciting!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it add on to your total?
When I checked for us, it adds almost 1200.00 for our 8 day trip. I want to upgrade so bad but I can't justify the price jump when our family only uses the room to sleep, we are never in there.
It added another $1232.00.
__________________
Disneytwinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #753
heycher
Mouseketeer
 
heycher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 379

Finding Nemo ~~ vs~~ Lion King?

Hi all!
Can you AoA experts tell me about the advantages and disadvantages between Finding Nemo Suites and Lion King?

It seems like Finding Nemo books up first, and I want to know why. Other than the fact that the Big Blue Pool is there, are there other advantages to being in finding nemo?

I know Lion King doesn't have a pool, and I think I'm ok with that, just trying to decide where we want to be. My #1 priority is being as close to Animation hall as possible.

Thanks!
heycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #754
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran
 
Disneytwinsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycher View Post
Hi all!
Can you AoA experts tell me about the advantages and disadvantages between Finding Nemo Suites and Lion King?

It seems like Finding Nemo books up first, and I want to know why. Other than the fact that the Big Blue Pool is there, are there other advantages to being in finding nemo?

I know Lion King doesn't have a pool, and I think I'm ok with that, just trying to decide where we want to be. My #1 priority is being as close to Animation hall as possible.

Thanks!
Finding Nemo is the closest to Animation Hall.
__________________
Disneytwinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #755
bnpear2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8

LM rooms: coffee pot?

I read in a previous thread that there is not a coffee pot in the LM rooms, can anyone confirm or deny this? Going in Sept 2013 and want to plan accordingly. Can't live without some morning coffee.
bnpear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #756
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpear2 View Post
I read in a previous thread that there is not a coffee pot in the LM rooms, can anyone confirm or deny this? Going in Sept 2013 and want to plan accordingly. Can't live without some morning coffee.
No they don't
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #757
jojomoore
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 520

AOA Food Court

We are staying at AOA in a Cars Suite on our upcoming trip. We are planning to visit MK our first day and most likely will take the bus. We were thinking about eating breakfast at the food court before going to the park. Does anyone know a good time to arrive at the food court to allow enough time to eat and catch bus and make to MK by say 8:30 or a little earlier. Normally I would have made an early breakfast ressie at CP before the park opened but this was a last minute trip and I have only been able to get lunch reservation there. TIA.
jojomoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #758
npuhala
Earning My Ears
 
npuhala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpear2 View Post
I read in a previous thread that there is not a coffee pot in the LM rooms, can anyone confirm or deny this? Going in Sept 2013 and want to plan accordingly. Can't live without some morning coffee.
No, no coffee pots but until recently there was a coffee cart in the LM pool area. Checked in this week and was told they took the coffee cart out! It is a long walk to food court for somebody who hasn't had coffee yet, especially if weather is bad. I would buy a cheap coffee pot to take along or if you are a serious coffee drinker, stay somewhere else! I don't think I'll stay here again because it was a crappy way to start the day.
npuhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #759
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomoore View Post
We are staying at AOA in a Cars Suite on our upcoming trip. We are planning to visit MK our first day and most likely will take the bus. We were thinking about eating breakfast at the food court before going to the park. Does anyone know a good time to arrive at the food court to allow enough time to eat and catch bus and make to MK by say 8:30 or a little earlier. Normally I would have made an early breakfast ressie at CP before the park opened but this was a last minute trip and I have only been able to get lunch reservation there. TIA.
my rule of thumb (which usually gets me to the park a little earlier than expected just to be safe) is to be out AT the bus stop and hour before - so 7:30 in your case. So I'd be in the food court by 7:00 to give you 1/2 hour to eat.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #760
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe
 
kirby428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcuoghi View Post
We'll be in a LM room Dec 4-11. How far are the LM rooms from the food court, buses, etc? I've been looking at the map and they look kind of far.

Please tell me it's not too bad of a walk!
Use Google Maps Sat. View to be able to determine relative distances. There is a scale line displayed for example a half inch on the map represents 100 yards. Or just get a ruler and see which start and finish point is....well...the longest. You can be sure you will not need two bottles of water and some beef jerky to survive any of the longest walks in any of the WDW resorts. Take some get in shape walks at home a few months ahead. And try to get your speed up to three half inches per hour.
__________________
"Fun will now commence."

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #761
Marblies
DIS Veteran
 
Marblies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Take some get in shape walks at home a few months ahead. And try to get your speed up to three half inches per hour.
That's pretty hilarious!
__________________


2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #762
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe
 
kirby428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post

That's pretty hilarious!
Thanks. OK so I printed some Googly Maps with the scale line. From Animation Hall door on the East to the most distant point in LM 1600 ft. Can reach the bus depot on AH WEST a bit closer. The stretch of sidewalk for the bus depot is 400 ft.

1600ft is 16 ft more than 0.3 miles.

Walking time 6min at 3mph or 9min at 2mph

Of course if you are hungry, exhausted, injured, sleep deprived or heading for your morning cup of starter fluid, the distance is 40 miles to anything. I'm still only halfway there.
__________________
"Fun will now commence."

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #763
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Thanks. OK so I printed some Googly Maps with the scale line. From Animation Hall door on the East to the most distant point in LM 1600 ft. Can reach the bus depot on AH WEST a bit closer. The stretch of sidewalk for the bus depot is 400 ft.

1600ft is 16 ft more than 0.3 miles.

Walking time 6min at 3mph or 9min at 2mph

Of course if you are hungry, exhausted, injured, sleep deprived or heading for your morning cup of starter fluid, the distance is 40 miles to anything. I'm still only halfway there.
Yep. We spend LONG days in the parks. It always seemed 80 miles back to our room at the end of the night.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #764
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,120

Well after booking at AoA last summer and then cancelling to stay in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins because we got a better deal..
We're finally going to get to try AoA!!
It's only one night at AoA before our package starts at CBR. I was able to book with a promo on Travelocity and save 15% on a LM room for the night. Incidentally they also had suites for 15% off PLUS the code for another 15% off (code is RMN15) if anyone is interested.

Our first day will be a down day as we aren't doing early ticket pick up. So we plan to check out the entire resort, eat in the foodcourt for lunch and spend the afternoon swimming.
Can you use any pool while you are there? I'd like the kids to be able to use the Big Blue pool and don't think it's a problem, but thought I should check if it's only for suite guests. If it is will stick to the LM pool
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #765
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer
 
Chavaleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 168

You can use any of the AoA pools while there. Have fun!
Chavaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: