Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #571
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
16 days until we leave!! 15 days until we get to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms! My family is so excited! The boys keep talking about they wonder what a brand new hotel room smells like..Lol. Does it smell good like a new car??

We are so excited!!
I saw that you were from Ohio and going to be there the same time as us, how cool are you driving or flying? We are driving and leaving 2 weeks from today.

I have never stayed in a new hotel before, isn't it exciting!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #572
popcenturylover
Mouseketeer

13 days til' on-line check-in! 21 days til' no work & 23 days til' LMR!!!
popcenturylover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #573
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
cant wait to see what the mermaid pool looks like, anyone have pics yet???
I was just searching for some too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
Little Mermaid guests, the LM section looks fantastic! I snuck a few photos through the fence. I'll post them after I get home.
YAY! Can't wait to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Checking out new LM pics on the Laughing Place website. 22 days to go! So excited!

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-1350.asp
Thank you for sharing that link! Some great shots, I am so excited!!

Just 15 days to go! I can hardly wait!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #574
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

An FYI -- LM is FAR from everything -- even far from LK! They could almost add a new land between them! I was surprised by the distance!
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #575
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou
An FYI -- LM is FAR from everything -- even far from LK! They could almost add a new land between them! I was surprised by the distance!
Oh no! This is my only worry about staying at LM. Of course when I called Disney convinced me the distance wasn't bad at all. I hope it's not awful. I'm mostly just worried about nights when we might want to go grab a soda in the mug or something...

vicky33006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #576
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

We're going March 17-23 and staying in the LM rooms. I worry that it will be too far of a hike, so I'm looking forward to hearing other opinions on that.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #577
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post
Awh well. I was really concerned about this at first, but DH and I decided to just relax and not worry about it, and to turn it around so that we're just enjoying walking through the brand new resort. I hope we can keep that mind set when we're exhausted!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #578
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky33006 View Post
Oh no! This is my only worry about staying at LM. Of course when I called Disney convinced me the distance wasn't bad at all. I hope it's not awful. I'm mostly just worried about nights when we might want to go grab a soda in the mug or something...
The good news is, each pool has its own drink station. So you should be OK as far as that goes.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #579
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post

I am still trying to wrap my mind around this distance. Can you compare it to something? For example, is it like walking from the Castle at MK to the Ferry? I know it may be weird to ask but it helps me visualize the distance in my little brain.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #580
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof4lovesDW View Post
I saw that you were from Ohio and going to be there the same time as us, how cool are you driving or flying? We are driving and leaving 2 weeks from today.

I have never stayed in a new hotel before, isn't it exciting!!!
We are driving! We are leaving Friday night and driving through the night. We are a group of 8 adults and 2 little ones. So among the 8 adults, and 2 cars we should be fine with driving through the night! We are so excited too! 12 days until we leave!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #581
disneynutsss
I'm a Disney Nut!

i am so freaked out right now! i booked my vacation in lm room for 10/17-24 and time just flew by. i realized at the beginning of the week that my money was due soon, but i just got a new job and didn't have time to put the money in the bank until yesterday.

i realized that my due date was today so i tried to pay last night online and got rejected three times. i called and tried over the phone payment (automated) and was rejected again, by this time i have knots in my stomach!! i called back and got a rep, it was rejected again! we tried a lower amount and it was rejected again, we tried an even lower amount and it finally went through. they gave me a 48 hour extension, but i just realized that monday is a holiday.

i am a nervous wreck that they are going to cancel my reservations!! i wont be happy until this is paid for!!
2005 Vacation Home.....2006 ASMovies.....2008 Off Site Seralago..........2009 ASMovies.....2010 Hard Rock Hotel.....2010 ASSports

NEXT TRIP October 17, 2012!! LM at AoA!!
1103.44 MILES FROM "HOME"

disneynutsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #583
disneynutsss
I'm a Disney Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You usually have an unadvertised grace period of a good week after the due date.
you're making me feel a bit better
2005 Vacation Home.....2006 ASMovies.....2008 Off Site Seralago..........2009 ASMovies.....2010 Hard Rock Hotel.....2010 ASSports

NEXT TRIP October 17, 2012!! LM at AoA!!
1103.44 MILES FROM "HOME"

disneynutsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #584
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinepixie27 View Post
I am still trying to wrap my mind around this distance. Can you compare it to something? For example, is it like walking from the Castle at MK to the Ferry? I know it may be weird to ask but it helps me visualize the distance in my little brain.
I went on Google Earth and measured the distance from the farthest LM room to the middle entrance of the man hall. It is .32 of a mile, which is a little more than a 1/4 mile.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #585
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me how long the bus trip is from AoA to DTD? On our fly out day, our DME check-in time is 2:30. I'm thinking we will spend the morning at DTD doing some shopping and maybe an early lunch? Someone told me we would need to leave DTD by noon to get back to AoA??? Is it really more than a 2 hour bus trip? That seems a bit ridiculous!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: