Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #196
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne

Hi stranger, haven't seen you around in awhile.
hey you! Are you still at DH? Jeff's been full time at Jack Hughston for almost a year now, he last worked DH back in January or so. I haven't been on here much, we last visited back in December. It gets harder and harder the older our girls get. our oldest is a senior this year, younger one is a sophomore. We're squeezing a few days in in early October for his birthday. We have a bowl game in Tampa on New Years, I definitely not want to be at WDW then! We spent a few days at US/IOA after Christmas two years back for the Champs Bowl, only saving grace was I booked RPR so we had front of the line.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #197
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

This is from my Online Disney Reservation statement:
Quote:
Accommodations
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Disney's Hollywood Studios Area
1850 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32930

Check In: August 25, 2012
Check Out: September 2, 2012
Length of Stay: 9 days, 8 nights
Disney Resort Hotel Category: Value Resorts

Disney Resort Hotel Room Type: Finding Nemo Family Suite
That does NOT look lie a request to me --
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #198
mswhittaker
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say, so excited. Already had a Lion King suite w/regular dining plan booked for my son's first trip (he'll be 18 months old!) but called today and got the free dining (paid for the upgrade to the regular dining plan) and saved $700 off my reservation. WooHoo!

Previous visits:
August 2013 - Beach Club
October 2012 - Art of Animation
October 2011 - Coronado Springs
December 2010 - Coronado Springs
August 2009 - Coronado Springs
August 2008 - Caribbean Beach
September 2007 - Pop Century (brother's wedding at Boardwalk)
June 2007 - Pop Century
April 2006 - All Star Movies
May 2002 - All Star Music
December 1987 - off-property
mswhittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #199
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Moving over to this thread now

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #200
lionking13
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when AOA will have free dining for 2013 or is there any projected dates yet for free dining for AOA? Thanks for any info on this.
lionking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #201
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425

hey you! Are you still at DH? Jeff's been full time at Jack Hughston for almost a year now, he last worked DH back in January or so. I haven't been on here much, we last visited back in December. It gets harder and harder the older our girls get. our oldest is a senior this year, younger one is a sophomore. We're squeezing a few days in in early October for his birthday. We have a bowl game in Tampa on New Years, I definitely not want to be at WDW then! We spent a few days at US/IOA after Christmas two years back for the Champs Bowl, only saving grace was I booked RPR so we had front of the line.
Oh, yes, I'm still at Doctors. Your husband took care of my husband in the ER at Jack Hughston on Friday night, I thought he needed stitches after he cut his hand open on the van door, but luckily he didn't. I can't stay away from here or WDW, we stated at BWI and BWV in January for our Anniversary and took my inlaws and stayed at Pop in June (that was a disaster) so we are going back over Labor Day to make up for that trip.

Boy, the girls are really growing up quickly. We went to the Chik-fil-a bowl on New Years Eve this year in Atlanta, I'm not a big football fan, but it was fun. I have never seen the interstate so empty in Atlanta before. I don't mind Christmas at Disney, but the days after are really bad. My husband usually has to work most major holidays, so those may be out for now and with him being in the Army Reserves, we have to work around that.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #202
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking13
Does anyone know when AOA will have free dining for 2013 or is there any projected dates yet for free dining for AOA? Thanks for any info on this.
There is no projected release date for Free Dining at any resorts for 2013 yet, they just released the dates for Oct to Dec.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #203
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilinaDM101
Yay!! We are here now and having a blast for my DH's birthday. The wifi is free, good and strong! I made a video of our Cars Suite. For some reason there's no music but it's still shows you the room and my DH putting down the Murphy bed. Check it out! Anyone have any requests for pics? Let me know! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVdgF5XEX9w
That was wonderful. I have a question. How big is the safe? Is is the same size as the one in the other Value resorts?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #204
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne

Oh, yes, I'm still at Doctors. Your husband took care of my husband in the ER at Jack Hughston on Friday night, I thought he needed stitches after he cut his hand open on the van door, but luckily he didn't. I can't stay away from here or WDW, we stated at BWI and BWV in January for our Anniversary and took my inlaws and stayed at Pop in June (that was a disaster) so we are going back over Labor Day to make up for that trip.

Boy, the girls are really growing up quickly. We went to the Chik-fil-a bowl on New Years Eve this year in Atlanta, I'm not a big football fan, but it was fun. I have never seen the interstate so empty in Atlanta before. I don't mind Christmas at Disney, but the days after are really bad. My husband usually has to work most major holidays, so those may be out for now and with him being in the Army Reserves, we have to work around that.
Glad you get a "do over"! This may be our last blast, Kelly turns 18 next June, we will have to start paying a surcharge or booking two rooms! I looked into repeating our Dream cruise from Spring Break '11 for next June as a grad present, over $1K more for same category! Prices are getting nuts! Only discount I got this time was FD for the CR stay,no real bargain there!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #205
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425

Glad you get a "do over"! This may be our last blast, Kelly turns 18 next June, we will have to start paying a surcharge or booking two rooms! I looked into repeating our Dream cruise from Spring Break '11 for next June as a grad present, over $1K more for same category! Prices are getting nuts! Only discount I got this time was FD for the CR stay,no real bargain there!
I'm glad I get a do over, too. We are thinking about taking a cruise next June for my 40th birthday. The surcharge is minimal compared to 2 rooms, though. We have been lucky to get the Military discount this year, but there is no word what will happen after Sept 30th. We may have to cut back if there are no better discounts, even the AP discounts aren't as good as they used to be. Free dining isn't a great option for us, because we can still get a little bit of a discount on regular MYW tickets on post.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #206
archdandy
DIS Veteran

For those who have been there, I have a question. Can you get a mickey head ice cream bar anywhere on AoA property? Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of those babies as soon as possible when we arrive in October

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #207
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy
For those who have been there, I have a question. Can you get a mickey head ice cream bar anywhere on AoA property? Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of those babies as soon as possible when we arrive in October
They may have them in the food court.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #208
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
They may have them in the food court.
I know they may have them, but I was just hoping somebody whose been there could tell me for sure if they have them or not

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #209
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy

I know they may have them, but I was just hoping somebody whose been there could tell me for sure if they have them or not
I was there in June, I just don't remember if they had them or not. I can tell you that they do have them just across the bridge at Pop.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #210
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

What are the peak hours for meals at the food courts? I know we will not eat at AoA a lot for different reasons (ADRs elsewhere, being in the park and having a meal there, going to another resort), but I am still wondering.

We will be there Sun. 10/14-Sat. 10/20.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: