Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #136
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdecker View Post
I'm pretty sure there never were any FD set aside for LM. Someone can correct me, but for the specials that just came out July 12, LM was expressely blacked out.
You are correct regarding the Disney Visa pre-offer and general public offer that were released the week of July 12, 2012. LM rooms were not available for those promotion codes. However, there are still active free dining PINs out there where LM rooms are available for FD for the same set of arrival dates in Oct-Dec 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
There are 3 pools. The big blue pool (outside Nemo suites), and 2 smaller pools outside LM and Cars rooms, and a splash area in the Nemo area.

I don't know that there are any quiet pools, but the smaller ones are more likely to be quieter (from what I assume).
You are correct -- Disney uses the term "quiet pool" to describe the other, smaller pools besides the resort's bigger "feature" pool. So the Cars and LM pools are the "quiet" pools. Unfortunately not all pool users get that memo to keep it quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Is that new? I know in the past they didn't, and I thought it wasn't allowed for fire codes as well. But I haven't kept up with Pop lately.
I don't know how new it is but Janet has been reporting on the Pop thread the availability of a rollaway. I think she called to verify, I want to say.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 07-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #137
teedee
DIS Veteran

We just booked AoA for our June 2013 visit. We're in a family suite in the Cars section. The resort looks amazing! I can't wait to go see it in person!

Terri
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #138
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I am in on this new thread 21 days to goI will take my small coffee pot and plug it in to make coffee and then unplug it. I need my Folgers in the morning..that Nescafe stuff is gut wrenching...whew...

Last edited by noahdove; 07-15-2012 at 10:46 PM.
noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #139
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
You are correct -- Disney uses the term "quiet pool" to describe the other, smaller pools besides the resort's bigger "feature" pool. So the Cars and LM pools are the "quiet" pools. Unfortunately not all pool users get that memo to keep it quiet.

I had no idea that the term quiet pool existed! lol....I was being so literal! Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #140
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Feb 9-15 2013 LM...
Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #141
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Quiet pools simply mean they don't have any slides/fountains/water features etc., not that you're supposed to actually be quieter there.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #142
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Quiet pools simply mean they don't have any slides/fountains/water features etc., not that you're supposed to actually be quieter there.
That's good to know because my bunch sure can be loud in the pool. I'm always telling them to tone it down! I bet they are quieter in general because more kids want to go to the pools with the cool features.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #143
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I am in on this new thread 21 days to goI will take my small coffee pot and plug it in to make coffee and then unplug it. I need my Folgers in the morning..that Nescafe stuff is gut wrenching...whew...
I've taken my Keurig on every trip to Disney even to deluxe and DVC resorts but especially value resorts. My daughter says that I'm uncivilized without my coffee in the mornings. No one has ever told me I couldn't have it in the room. I don't hide it and I have never unplugged it.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #144
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I totally missed this thread! We're staying in a LM room in December.

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll repost here. We're booked 12/7 to 12/16. I still need to add 12/6. If anybody drops changes their dates and drops the 6th, or sees the 6th available, I'd love to have a heads up! I really hoped one would pop up when the GP FD came out last week, but no such luck.

Can't wait to see more photos as that section opens!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #145
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Connecting Rooms

Just wanted to weigh in the those asking about connecting LM rooms. They do have them.

We booked two LM rooms. We do have small children, and were told we have guaranteed connecting rooms. (I know, I know, nothing is really guaranteed, but when I booked they told me this and I called to confirm and they told me the same....so....we'll see.)

We will be checking in 9/30!
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #146
somesong2sing
Mouseketeer

I have a question about the food court.

Can we still get a Mickey Waffle in Landscapes of Flavor?

My kids prefer these in the moring!!

I have to give it to them though, they are delicious!!

Me, Dh, DS(13), DD(7)

somesong2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #147
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears

According to a menu I just saw, yes you can get them. They did not have them listed as a kid pic, only on the adult menu with a fruit topping option.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #148
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

116 days away from our trip to AoA!

May I ask what area of WDW Art of Animation is located in? (Trying to plan a nice dinner close to the resort) Thanks!
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
disneydreamfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #149
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14 View Post
May I ask what area of WDW Art of Animation is located in? (Trying to plan a nice dinner close to the resort) Thanks!
AoA is right next to Pop Century in the southern-middle of the property. It's close by to ESPN Wide World of Sports, if you know where that is. It's also nearby to Caribbean Beach Resort.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is to the west and it's the closest park. Next closest park is Epcot. You will need to take transport wherever you are going from AoA/Pop.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #150
virge
Mouseketeer

Hi! Just moved my October reservation over to the Cars suites. I have 2 six year old boys who are REALLY excited about the room
virge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: