Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #121
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

How come I never saw this thread before!! I am definitely an over planner much to my family's dismay. On our last big family trip, I even went so far as to send small disney gift to my nieces and nephews each week for about two months prior to our cruise from Mickey Mouse....they figured it out that it was me though lol

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #122
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajojo View Post
OMG! Although I do plan like crazy, once I am on board the ship I do relax and go with the flow. Weird, huh?
that goes for me too. that's what I love about the cruise, but I do still break out the highlighters to figure out who goes where, for what activities, so that I can create me time on the Ship

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #123
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

I think that planning is half the fun and adds to the excitement

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #124
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
I think that planning is half the fun and adds to the excitement
That's why my mom and I do it, though I plan way more than my mom does.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #125
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
Im guilty! I do both of these things. Glad to know I'm not alone.

We all suffer from OCVPD, obsessive compulsive vacation planning disorder. But if I have to suffer from something, let it be this!
My kids think I am crazy. We are 272 days from our next family cruise on the Dream. I have been planning and talking about it since I booked it on our Alaska cruise in June. I have already researched and booked our hotel rooms for before and after the cruise. As soon as airline dates are available, I will book all of our flights (we will be flying out of 3 different airports). All of our paperwork kept in one area, so I won't forget anything. I have shirts and ears for everyone packed in a bin in the guest room. Made door magnets for everyone's doors and will start working on FE for our staterooms. I love to make lists and research. Since we did the 4 day Dream last year, I have the Navigators and we will pay more attention to what to see and do this trip. The house will be clean and all the laundry done before we leave. Hate to come home to a dirty house. Have to make a reservation to board the dog. If I did not plan and make lists, I might forget something It's wonderful to know there are others like me out there!
VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #126
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Ok, I may be an over planner...I just called it OCD....

last year as I was packing our suitcases, I was making a list of what I put in each suitcase...and crossed off the list of what to pack...wanted to make sure everything was put in there.

Our next cruise is not until 12-7-13. I already booked our hotel at Port Canaveral, I did that a few months ago. Even the girl at the hotel said, gee your booking this quit early....

I still have a little time for our flights, but as soon as the dates come out...I will be booking them

I also make list of what needs to be done before we leave, clean the house from top to bottom...check, recheck & check again with my son that he will be at the house to watch the dog...

so I guess I am an over planner...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #127
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

just a quick note for those of you who have commented on the spelling of the topic.

Yes I do know the spelling is wrong.

I entered wrong on purpose. It was suposed to have an "e" on the end as a bit of a joke, but for some reason it didn't take. I was going to go back and try to fix it (or ask to have it corrected) but I decided not to as it makes it easier when I search for it on the boards.

So the trip is booked, the budget is done, the hotel booked, the flights picked (just waiting on the seat sale), transportation fixed-up, the packing list done. I still have to figure out the shore stuff. but....
I feel like I am at a loose end. I feel like I need to be planning but I don't know what to plan!
HELP!

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #128
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbootbunny
just a quick note for those of you who have commented on the spelling of the topic.

Yes I do know the spelling is wrong.

I entered wrong on purpose. It was suposed to have an "e" on the end as a bit of a joke, but for some reason it didn't take. I was going to go back and try to fix it (or ask to have it corrected) but I decided not to as it makes it easier when I search for it on the boards.

So the trip is booked, the budget is done, the hotel booked, the flights picked (just waiting on the seat sale), transportation fixed-up, the packing list done. I still have to figure out the shore stuff. but....
I feel like I am at a loose end. I feel like I need to be planning but I don't know what to plan!
HELP!
Clearly you need to book another cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #129
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

I am an Over Planner! We booked a dummy cruise for 2014 in June this year and I've already begun to make lists! I have a list of each outfit I'm going to wear and what accessories and shoes go with them. They're organized by what day I will wear them as well. I have my day outfits, then dinner outfits then my night outfits. I don't like to wear sweaty clothes again >,< Oh and each of my outfits are designed like a Disney character.

I have lists of what will go in what bags and lists for the FE Exchange and the Fish Extenders themselves for when we go. How much each item is and how many (to estimate) we will need and how many come in a package.

I have a list of the different ways we can get to Florida. Plane, Car and RV. I can write down Hotel prices, RV park prices Ticket prices.

Last time (and first time) we went on the Dream I was unorganized and we forgot a lot of stuff. Including Autograph books and door magnets! This time I'd rather be over planned than under planned!!

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #130
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut8473 View Post
I love this thread! I'm a chronic over-planner for all of our trips, including our annual WDW vacations. Now we're leaving in 9 days (!) on our first ever cruise (DCL or otherwise), and I've been prepping for months! One thing that I have been a little lax on is officially putting together my trip binder (like I'm sure many of you do, I always have a binder/folder with all essential trip documents, itineraries, reservation times, packing lists, etc.).

As I'm gathering everything together now, any tips on what else to include in a DCL cruise binder? I want to preserve all of the Navigators and other documents as well - will they fit in standard-sized binder sleeves?

TIA!
They will fit in a 12x12 scrapbook sleeve, but not an 8x10 one.
VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #131
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

I've already taken on the FE Exchange and we haven't even booked it yet! xD

Old 10-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #132
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I have a friend who sells FEs through her etsy shop
We're already in talks for my 2014 cruise.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #133
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I have a friend who sells FEs through her etsy shop
We're already in talks for my 2014 cruise.
We're going to make ours (: all 5 or 6 rooms lol. My grandmother has an embroidery machine so she's putting a character next to everyone's name and putting their name in Waltograph ^^ I'm making the actual pockets and such!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #134
shandrananette
Mouseketeer

Nice to see I'm not alone - I always have one vacation planned (and a countdown on my calendar) and usually know when the next ones that are too far away to book will happen (I have a small sticky note on my desk at work that has been there since November 2010 that says: 2011/12 Cruise; 2012-13 - new baby; 2013 cruise; 2014 - Disneyland. So far I'm on track - we cruised for the first time in Feb 2012, will have a new baby in Feb 2013 and are booked for Nov 2013 on the next cruise. Now I just have to plan Disneyland).

I plan obsessively, but have to keep it all a secret because (1) it drives DH nuts when I have multiple years planned in advance; (2) if my dad thinks I've planned things down to the minute he'll try to do things to screw it up (refusing to eat in a particular restaurant - I don't know why, he's just contrary that way). So, while *I* know where we'll eat when we get to Port Canaveral in year and 3 weeks, I have to present it when I get there as "hey, I think this place sounds good." It's exhausting. But like others said, I'm happy to plan things down to the minute but scrap it all once we get there if something else appeals. But I do like to have a plan, even if I'm the only one who knows about it.

I saw a super cute countdown idea I'm going to do for the next cruise though - you make little construction paper rings that look like Mickey and link together however many you want to countdown the days. I'm looking forward to doing that for my son for our next cruise (for his fourth birthday!)

shandrananette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #135
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandrananette View Post
I saw a super cute countdown idea I'm going to do for the next cruise though - you make little construction paper rings that look like Mickey and link together however many you want to countdown the days. I'm looking forward to doing that for my son for our next cruise (for his fourth birthday!)
We're not telling my brothers that we're going on the "Mickey Boat" (That's what they call it ^^) So I'm doing a countdown in my room. I'd deciding between the rings or mickey heads all over my wall haha! We have a cricut so I can cut out as many as I need lol and tape them alllll over my wall hahaha xD

Tags
hummor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: