Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #31
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
ETA: I highly recommend Bonnet Creek. We stayed there off site in January. I got a 4 bedroom presedential suite for $185 a night off ebay. I have a trip report somewhere. But we had our own bedrooms, full kitchen, jacuzzi tubs, etc. The place is on Disney property and does have buses to Disney. But it is a timeshare so you have to rent it through people. It was amazing.
For comparison - we will be staying in a 3 bdrm at WH for 89.00 a night.(not a presidential suite)
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills

Last edited by mikkiwikki; 07-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #32
7165red
DIS Veteran

We have been renting villas for the past 4 yrs, and love it, can't go back to hotel rooms. We have stayed on site but during xmas the prices are over the moon.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #33
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkiwikki View Post
For comparison - we will be staying in a 3 bdrm at WH for 89.00 a night.(not a presidential suite)
Please excuse my ignorance but what does WH stand for? Thanks

VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
asmit4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeHam View Post
Please excuse my ignorance but what does WH stand for? Thanks
Windsor Hills- it's a popular place to rent townhomes and huge houses with game rooms, disney themed kids bedrooms
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
pattibehan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Welcome to the dark side

Me(57)DH(56)DS(18)DS(17)

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010(two trips), 2011 (three trips), 2012(three trips) 2013(three trips) 2014 (one down, one to go !)
pattibehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #36
ilovezach33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Our next trip isn't even on the books ~ but I am really considering staying off-site. It will be our first time as a family of 5 (well, a family of 5 over the age of 3), and I am just having a hard time justifying the cost of staying on property (but it's not out of the question).

So, my question is ~ where do I start in looking for a good off-site place to stay? We will drive, so buses/shuttles to the parks aren't a big deal. I would like to be close to the parks (what are those places around Downtown Disney)? I don't really care if it is a hotel or a condo ~ but I would like something that is at least the same size of the deluxe rooms (if it is a hotel). We are on vacation, so while a fridge and a microwave are a must, a full kitchen is not. And I'd love to have something with a nice pool (my girls would love a slide)!

Any suggestions ~ I've started looking and it just seems overwhelming. Thanks so much!
A vacation home sounds like a great option for your family. 3+ bedrooms, a private screened in pool, a full kitchen, etc. for maybe $150/night? Some homes also have a private jacuzzi and sometimes a game console (PS3, Xbox, etc.)

Just google "Vacation homes near disney" and a site should pop up listing each one, as well as reviews.
ilovezach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I've been out of town for a few days and love coming back home and seeing all the action this thread is getting!! Lots of suggestions, so thank you!!

I am still a bit worried about dining ~ I know it will be a bit hard to swallow paying for those expensive buffets out of pocket, but really, I know with the DDP I'm already paying for them anyway ~ just before our trip. Maybe with all the savings we'll be doing I can convince DH to go in 2013 instead of waiting until 2014!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #38
hcoker1
Mouseketeer

Location: Woodstock Ontario, half way between Detroit and Toronto.

Thanks for all of the info about staying off-site. We are staying at Windsor Palms for the first time this March Break and booked it from one of my parents at school. (I was leery to book and not know what I was going to get. I KNOW these people are clean-freaks and it will be great). Having only ever done the DP in the past I am a bit worried about food costs but we will eat breakfast in the condo. A PP mentioned that the buffets are pricey, I think we will avoid those TS and get regular sit down reservations instead. Our son is now a "Disney adult" but would much rather order off the kids menu, hopefully paying OOP will allow that.
Now to find a car rental.....

hcoker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #39
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoker1 View Post
Thanks for all of the info about staying off-site. We are staying at Windsor Palms for the first time this March Break and booked it from one of my parents at school. (I was leery to book and not know what I was going to get. I KNOW these people are clean-freaks and it will be great). Having only ever done the DP in the past I am a bit worried about food costs but we will eat breakfast in the condo. A PP mentioned that the buffets are pricey, I think we will avoid those TS and get regular sit down reservations instead. Our son is now a "Disney adult" but would much rather order off the kids menu, hopefully paying OOP will allow that.
Now to find a car rental.....
Have you looked at allears to see the menus/prices? I played around with it a little last night and some of the buffets weren't too bad. Pricey, yes, but not as bad as I thought. I hate to not have any character meals, b/c my girls are still at the age where they love to see them and it is nice to avoid having to wait in line to see them by doing character dining. Breakfast and lunch was less expensive than dinner, so we'll probably opt for one of those meals when we do them. Crystal Palace and Tusker House are two that I seem to remember costing around $30.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I will say this too, there are a lot of good off site places to eat in Orlando.

I got the TIW card for our week in January and it was the first time we ate at all the stable service places at Disney. I'm glad we got to do it once but we haven't used it since then. The food was good, but so are restaurants outside of Disney and we usually spend about half the cost. Don't get me wrong, I loved them all and the theming was great. It's just hard to stomach paying so much for a family of 5.

Before our year is out we will probably do Chef Mickeys and O'Hanas again. And I kinda wanna go to Sanaa just so I can get some more naan bread. The signatures are a bit out of our range. Maybe this fall when my twins are off to college *sniff*.