Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Amber: Beautifully said, as always. Thank you for capturing so wonderfully the blessings that this community has given us all.

I am looking forward to following along with your planning!

Alison
twinmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

I am in LOVE with your son's red hair! Too cute! I can't wait to read more and "meet" y'all even more. I'm so sorry you have had a reason to plan two wish trips, but I rejoice that you have the opportunity to make wonderful memories! I understand about worrying about your "healthy" child...I have the same issues with my oldest son. It's a delicate balance isn't it.
We are hoping to go around the same time as y'all - since we are out of school then too. It would be wonderful to see you for ice cream at 9am!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

What beautiful children! I'm so sorry for the reason for the wish trip, but so glad you get to go! What wonderful memories you will make!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
maroo
DIS Veteran

Amber!

I had not seen the pictures from your trip before Sebastian's diagnosis - those were GREAT! Looks like you had quite a magical trip!!

I am continually amazed with how much your family deals with and how you organize your family and life to make the best of every situation. It is heartbreaking for a family to be eligible for a wish - but to have two of your kids eligible for two totally different reasons just seems so unfair! But you guys take it all in stride and make the best of every situation.

I can't wait to read about the pre-trip plans that you guys will have!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
Aw man! I know the story and I'm fighting back tears right now. You know I'm along for the ride (and Mr Finn just asked what I was reading and wanted to know where the pictures were, so I know he's going to be "looking along" too).
Love you friend xoxo
Love you too friend! Thanks you for teaching me to "multi quote" as I sit across from you this very moment on Mimi and Papa's patio. Our story would not be the same without you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
I'm here !!!! Am I first??? So excited to hear all about this trip!!!
You were FIRST Cathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
i'm here too. so excited to read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy View Post
I am here too!! Cant wait to follow you "again" on your incredible journey

Mandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeighsDaddy View Post
Haven't been on the Dis in forever! Your PTR will change that for sure! Love your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndloewen View Post
Love your sweet little Savanah and so excited for you all!! Hoping our visas go through and we will be volunteering at GKTW by the time you go. Would love to meet your beautiful family in person!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
I'm so happy you have a PTR started! In the years (has it really been years?) since Sebastian's Wish Trip I feel like I have come to know and love your family. You are such an amazing mom and I have loved watching your kids grow up. I can't wait to follow along and watch the magic unfold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Amber: Beautifully said, as always. Thank you for capturing so wonderfully the blessings that this community has given us all.

I am looking forward to following along with your planning!

Alison
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Amber!

I had not seen the pictures from your trip before Sebastian's diagnosis - those were GREAT! Looks like you had quite a magical trip!!

I am continually amazed with how much your family deals with and how you organize your family and life to make the best of every situation. It is heartbreaking for a family to be eligible for a wish - but to have two of your kids eligible for two totally different reasons just seems so unfair! But you guys take it all in stride and make the best of every situation.

I can't wait to read about the pre-trip plans that you guys will have!

Cathy, Kim, Mandy, Tom, Nichole, Jeanne, Alison, Maroo....Thank you for subscribing, for supporting us all these years and your continued friendship. I can't begin to express what it has meant to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
The start of your PTR just brought tears to my eyes....

I just wanted to say... Hi!

I know Marianne, and she has become a good friend to me - I have seen dozens of photos of Finn and his Vannah, which are the sweetest photos ever! They just melt your heart!

I was so excited when I heard you are going to be able to take your family for another Wish Trip! There is a small chance that my girls and I will be there at the end of your trip. They start their Spring Break on March 7th - and if the stars align (aka: airfare is cheap) I plan to pull them out of school a couple of days early.

Anyways - I don't think I have seen photos of the rest of your crew - so I am anxiously awaiting those.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm in !! Can't wait to follow along on your wish process !
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyStars View Post
I'm looking forward to your updates and getting to know more about your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsop524 View Post
Yay! I am in I spent one tearful night reading your PTR from your son's wish. Once I started reading your story...I couldn't stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Hi Amber, Not sure if you remember me...I read Sebastian's story a while back and know Marianne as well. She actually helped me with Lisa's Wish Shirts when we went on her MAW trip in October. I just wanted to say hi and welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
I am in LOVE with your son's red hair! Too cute! I can't wait to read more and "meet" y'all even more. I'm so sorry you have had a reason to plan two wish trips, but I rejoice that you have the opportunity to make wonderful memories! I understand about worrying about your "healthy" child...I have the same issues with my oldest son. It's a delicate balance isn't it.
We are hoping to go around the same time as y'all - since we are out of school then too. It would be wonderful to see you for ice cream at 9am!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
What beautiful children! I'm so sorry for the reason for the wish trip, but so glad you get to go! What wonderful memories you will make!

Welcome new friends!! I look forward to getting to you know you too and sharing our journey with you.

Up next I am going to post some photos from Sebastian's Make A Wish trip in 2008. I'm really excited to do this as I never had a chance to post about the magic right after the trip since we launched into another whole medical misadventure with Savannah. But here we are year's later, veteran's of the rough seas and as we catch a little break here on vacation at Marianne's parent's house in Rhode Island I've got my lap top with me...and over the next week I plan to enjoy not only this time with my sweet babies and bestie but also taking a walk down memory lane.
AmberGreenawalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
Love you too friend! Thanks you for teaching me to "multi quote" as I sit across from you this very moment on Mimi and Papa's patio. Our story would not be the same without you!!

ROFL - I love this picture!!! All the ladies surfing online... At least one of you was on The Dis!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I am so happy to read this PTR. I have been following your blog for over 3 years and just have to say you are a fantastic Mommy. The kids are so lucky to have you and Brian both.

Bill was so worried about me the other day, he was working and looked over at me - I was in complete tears . He didn't know I was watching Savannah's story. She has been through so much but hasn't let it get to her. She is so happy an the pictures of her and Finn just melt my heart.

I can't wait to read more. I am loving the picture of everyone on the laptops, too cute .
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

2008 Disney Trip (Sebastian's Wish)

This was Sebastian in 2008...

this was Siennah...

And this was our newest blessing Savannah...

Isn't that the most darling little custom you have ever seen? Cathy made a set of Toy Story outfits for our kids! It was one of the Big Give blessings.

Here are the girls in darling outfits made by Tom...

We had Sebastian's Make A Wish Send Off Celebration at a local Mall called Plaza Fiesta. It was such a great party!

This was the marquee...

This was Sebastian and our Wish Granting Team...

Brian and I love these incredible friends...

Sebastian and his best buddy Phalen (Marianne's son)...

Me and my better half...

And this was our sweet little Savannah. At Sebastian's party she was quite sick...

She went into the hospital for the first time that weekend...

Brian's parents brought Big Give boxes to the hospital and it brought us so much joy. Here is Savannah in an adorable outfit made by Jeanne...

And Sebastian in overalls by Jessica...

Sebastian and Savannah both had surgery two days before Sebastian's wish trip. Here they are in recovery together...

After many hurdles we finally arrived in ORLANDO!!! Here we were greeted at the airport...

Sebastian was in heaven at Give Kids the World...

We all LOVED the Ice Cream Palace!! Just look at those faces!!...

Sebastian made his star for the Castle of Miracles...

We settled into our villa and went for dinner at Down Town Disney's T-Rex...

Sebastian's shirt was made by Benita and she made Siennah and Savannah beautiful Cinderella dresses...

On our first day we went to Animal Kingdom. We had a great breakfast at Tusker House that morning where our family was given a set of photos signed by Donald and his pals. After we rode the safari that morning Sebastian had his face painted for free. Didn't he make a cute tiger?...

And Siennah got her face painted like a zebra...

Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
maroo
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!

Did I mention that I LOVE the pictures?!?!?!

I barely remember them being that small! And I had forgotten that you guys were already doing "dueling" hospital visits BEFORE you went on your big trip!

I can't wait for you to start planning this one!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

2008 Trip (Sebastian's Wish) Part 2

This was the first set of Disney customs that I ever designed and sewed…

Everywhere we went the interaction with the Disney characters was incredible! Here we had ran into Chip and Dale in Camp Minnie Mickey and they called us over to take some festive photos with them…

Sebastian and Siennah were chosen to be a part of the Lion King show. Which led to no shortage of smiles…

Next we had an INCREDIBLE day at Hollywood Studios!
It started off with Sebastian’s wish to hang with Buzz Lightyear coming true! We had a private Meet and Greet with Buzz and his best pal Woody before they opened to park guests…

I can’t look at these photos even now without tearing up…

Even more magic followed as we went to the Beauty and the Beast show. We were seated up in the front and told to sit tight and stick around after the show. Once everyone had a left a cast member led us to the hall next to the stage where the ENTIRE cast of the show was waiting for us. Here Siennah is running into the arms of her beloved Belle...

This was such a special moment…

Siennah was over the moon!

Next up we got to dance in the Pixar Parade…

And we met the Incredibles. This started a tradition for us! I made these Incredibles shirts for our trip and have made them for every trip since.

Besides Mickey and Buzz Sebastian really wanted to see Lightning McQueen. We were able to make this wish come true too…

And he even got chosen to be in the Jedi Training Academy! This was before the que-sign-up system was introduced. His love of Star Wars exploded after this...

The kids were not the only ones getting chosen to be in shows! Brian was a very good sport in the Indiana Jones show...

We also had special seats for this show and were told to stick around after. We got to meet Indy and he even gave Sebastian his hat to keep! To this day it is one of Sebastian’s most treasured possessions…

Sebastian rode Tower of Terror for the first time on this trip. At 3 years old and 40” inches he just made the height cut-off! Brian and I baby swapped and Sebastian rode it twice!...

Our Savannah was such a little sweetheart! She was so sick on this trip vomiting all over Disney and yet she was all smiles! I loved her little Incredibles bib that kept her clean and matched our outfits…

The end of a fantastic day!...

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!

Did I mention that I LOVE the pictures?!?!?!

I barely remember them being that small! And I had forgotten that you guys were already doing "dueling" hospital visits BEFORE you went on your big trip!

I can't wait for you to start planning this one!
Thank you Maroo!!! I just posted another set. I was VERY excited to post them because they are from the point that I never got to post about and all the neat stuff that happened. I love being able to finally share and relive those memories. Do you remember the bracelets you sent? We were wearing them.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #27
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I loved seeing all of your photos! The customs were all amazing - you did a great job on yours and all the others are just fantastic!

All of your kids are just precious! I love all their huge dimples! I admit I need to go read more about Sebastian's and Savannah's story - I know a little bit about Savannah because of Marianne, but I have not read anything. I will try to get to that asap!

Loving all your updates, thanks for sharing.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #28
sahm1000
DIS Veteran

Hey Amber! So glad you're getting a wish trip for Savannah! Cannot wait to see what you plan for his trip! I will be faithfully following along, I love to watch your family!
sahm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1000 View Post
Hey Amber! So glad you're getting a wish trip for Savannah! Cannot wait to see what you plan for his trip! I will be faithfully following along, I love to watch your family!
Thank you! Hopefully Savannah wil get a wish granted. We still have not heard anything back from the folks at Make A Wish...it's been a few weeks. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that we hear something soon. Savannah has been talking about it...A LOT! Meanwhile we'll continue our stroll down memory lane.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #30
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
Thank you Maroo!!! I just posted another set. I was VERY excited to post them because they are from the point that I never got to post about and all the neat stuff that happened. I love being able to finally share and relive those memories. Do you remember the bracelets you sent? We were wearing them.
It really isn't possible, I don't think, for me to GRIN any more than I am now!

My face hurts!

LOVE the pictures!

I am so excited about all of the magic you guys got your trip! Awesome!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: