Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
julieb5
Mouseketeer

Free dining question

Hi!
I'm new to this board and seeing all the info on the free dining that just came out for visa card holders. We are going to be at WDW Sept 26 thru Oct 2nd. Does anyone know if these dates are eligible for free dining? Thanks for your help!
julieb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieb5 View Post
Hi!
I'm new to this board and seeing all the info on the free dining that just came out for visa card holders. We are going to be at WDW Sept 26 thru Oct 2nd. Does anyone know if these dates are eligible for free dining? Thanks for your help!
[There is no free dining available for those dates. Sorry!]

Ok, ACTUALLY, there is starting 9/30. You'd have it only for the 30th, the 1st., and the 2nd., IF you are staying for the night of the 2nd. It's a three night minimum.
There is also a room discount for that time. Give them a call if you don't have at least the room discount.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

it starts 9/30 and is available to public 12th this Thursday unless you have visa rewards credit card then can do tomorrow. have to stay three nights to get it BUT say yiu go 9/30 and sty 14 days you can get it the entire stay. there are some room discounts out there if cannot do the FD promo as can only have one promo at a time. try allears.net or mousesavers.com or mousemisers.com or WDWMagic.com one of these will have a discount on rooms if still available
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
serene56
DIS Veteran

if you check in on the 26th and free dining starts on the 29th I ws told I was not eligible foe that-- I have to check in on the 29th.

to get the free dining I would need to do a split stay.

is this not true?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Here are the dates on the current offer:

9/30/12–10/4/12, 10/19/12–11/1/12, 11/9/12–11/15/12, 11/23/12–11/29/12 and 12/10/12–12/13/12.

You must CHECK IN during one of the listed periods; only the check-in date matters. If you check in on September 26 on a single room reservation you are not eligible for free dining for any part of your stay, as it is outside the offer's parameters. You would have to have two separate reservations, one where you check in on 9/26 and check out on 9/30, and one where you check back in on 9/30 and check out on 10/3, and then you would be eligible for free dining only on the 9/30 - 10/3 segment.

The problem with this is that you have to buy at least 2 day tickets with the free dining package. So even though you bought tickets to start 9/30, you have to buy MORE tickets. If you split your tickets like this, the price is higher, because Disney tickets get cheaper per day the more days you buy.

One alternative is to buy tickets that cover the full stay with the first reservation, then buy the 2 day tickets with the second reservation, and just keep the 2 day tickets. They will not expire until they are actually used. Just make sure you do not put them in a turnstile to enter a park.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: