Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
lisam427
DIS Veteran

we stayed at cbr in 2010 and i am looking forward to staying there this upcoming trip. we stayed in martinique last time. i loved the location so much that i am requesting it again. the theme and the pool are amazing. we have stayed at all the mods except french quarter (but we had dinner at fq last trip) out of the mods i would say that we enjoyed the food courts at cbr and csr the most. i have loved staying at all of the moderates. although csr is my favorite i really enjoyed my stay at cbr. we had such a good experience at cbr from my past trip that i would not hesitate to recommend it and stay again.

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
Nefferz
Espresso makes me shake, but I sure can type fast!

I'm sure I've missed this somewhere..

.. but how deep are the quiet pools at CBR? My son is over 6' tall and he loves to be able to go 'over his head'.

Anyone have info on this?

Thanks!
Nefferz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at all the mods except for the cabins and I like CBR the best. My husband on the other hand likes POR best. Both bus service is about the same, slow. Pools similar with great theming, ( CBR main pool has 2 slides). I just found CBR more relaxing and the kids activities run in a more child friendly manner. Liked the food court as well, not as crowded as the other 3 resorts. My spouse liked POR , He liked the beds, the theming and the proximity to DTD. Neither one of us would do FQ or CSR again. Been there, done that sort of scenario. All that being said we are returning this year to POR because my husband wants to do it again. Maybe next year we will return to CBR.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Didn't read all the replies, so I apologize if I'm repeating. While scrolling through, I saw a lot of people coming to CBR's defense. But I think the reason a lot of people don't consider it is because it is in need of refurbishment (only mod that hasn't been recently refurbed) and the size/layout of the resort - it's the biggest mod and the lay out is not the best with the property being long rather than round. Makes it a long haul if you're at the furthest building from the main one.

Personally, I have never stayed there as the theme doesn't appeal to me. But, I don't let the opinions on here decide for me. Don't be afraid to try it - you never know!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: