Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Turkogloop
Just a dream away...

LOVED CBR! My girlfriend and I went last January and it was literally the best time I've ever had at WDW and the resort certainly contributed to that. We were in Jamaica, relatively close to the main house/food court. The only reason that this upcoming January we are going to AofA instead of CBR is because this time we have a party of 6. If I ever went with just her again, it's CBR ALL THE WAY!

Walt Disney World
July 1995 - Off-site || July 1996 - Off-site || June 2004 - Off-site || October 2010 - All-Star Sports Resort || January 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort ||
January 2013 - Art of Animation Resort
Turkogloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

We love CBR and that is the resort we always stay at when visiting Disney! Mickeystoontown described CBR perfectly. We will be again vacationing at CBR in the summer of 2013.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
mickeye
DIS Veteran

I've gone to the CBR 8X and absolutely loved it each and every time. It is a wonderful resort that whisks you away to the tropical islands and for us it never has disappointed. I've been to other resorts (deluxe) and enjoyed them, but I would never hesitate to go to CBR; it's wonderful.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Laurali
Mouseketeer

I have to agree with most of this! We have stayed at CBR and really loved it and are staying there again in September. The pool for the kids is definitely the best! As for the double beds, I dont see why the big deal, they are only 6 in smaller so thats 6 inches closer to your companion! Like others have said, we love that the resort is spread out. You get quieter areas since you can be further away from public places and it has never felt crowded!

WDW and our first DCL trip Feb 2014!!!!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
tanyaandallie
DIS Veteran

We stayed a few nights at CBR last summer and really enjoyed it. It IS big and spread out but so are all the other mods (except POFQ). My kids loved it and are begging to stay when we go this year. The pool is really wonderful, kids had a great time there!
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

CBR is one of my favorites...rooms are a little bit bigger than other mods, but mostly I love the theme and the tropical feel. The main pool is cute too. I have not disliked a resort at Disney yet! I am planning a stay at Pop Century for this fall...looking for cheap and free quick service dining, so Pop for this trip!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

CBR was just OK for me. The transportation issue is definitely the reason why I won't go back. It seemed like it took FOREVER to get "home." As for the other moderates, I have only stayed at POR though, and will return there this September for our second stay.

CBR is huge. Pay for the preferred room. Main pool is great! I thought the food court was OK, and the POR food court is definitely better. Quite a long walk to "Old Port Royale" if you aren't in a preferred location.

However, I'm not really complaining, it still was a great resort! After all, it is a DISNEY! Have a great trip, wherever you choose to land!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #23
Renee1061
DIS Veteran

My daughter and I have stayed at CBR twice and we love it! We are going to book our next trip there, also (October 2013)! If you don't want to pay for a preferred room, request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both of those buildings are very near the bridge that goes across to the island and to Old Port Royale (food court & gift shop) and the pool.

As others have said, the atmosphere is very relaxed. And with the music and smells, you really do feel like you are in the Caribbean!

April 2006 - All Star Movies/ April 2007 - Wilderness Lodge/ Nov 2007 - CBR/ June 2008 - CBR/May 2009 - School Band Trip (Off Site)/ June 2009 - Poly/June 2010 - Off-site (Bonnet Creek)/August 2011 - All Star Movies/October 2013 - CBR/ My Trip Report: Wilderness Lodge, Here We Come!
Renee1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

We love CBR!!!

Our family is a huge fan of CBR! We stayed there in September 2009 and will stay there again this October. To be completely honest, we stayed at POFQ in 2010 and would have preferred that (until the end of our days if my family had its way), but there was no availability during FD. CBR was an easy 2nd choice!

As PP so eloquently stated, it's a huge resort but never felt that way to us -- we had a 16mo, 4yo, my DH and I, as well as my wonderful parents in their early 60s. We had requested one of the Trinidad villages, but ended up with Martinique, which I will be requesting again! Loved it.

For us, even more than being close to OPR was being in a building nearer a bus stop. There is a bus stop at every "village" but we were basically right on top of our bus stop. With our little ones, we were up and at 'em early and then had tired kids upon return, so the shorter the bus distance to lug the kiddos and strollers, the better.

The theming, landscaping, pool, music, all of it -- we LOVED it and commented constantly that our resort felt like a vacation within a vacation. So relaxing, so tropical, so fun!

We all agreed that the CBR food court has got POFQ beat, hands down (except those yummy beignets!) There were SO MANY CHOICES and they had cute little activities for the kids each time we were in there -- limbo contest, etc, super cute and fun!

We also loved the zero entry pool for our very little ones. Just so perfect for families! Additionally, the splash pool area is so unique and fantastic with the pirate ship.

Honestly, we were never bothered by the size of the resort and remarked many times about how close we felt we were to OPR.

My understanding is that CBR has the largest room square footage, but certainly the smaller beds. My husband is 6'2" and over 200 lbs and (love ya honey, but) kind of a complainer when it comes to sleeping accommodations. He never said a word. It's possible he was so exhausted it never became an issue

The buses typically picked us up very quickly, but there's no comparison to POFQ, which is basically door-to-door. There were times that it *felt* as though we were driving around our resort an impossibly long time, but I have no data to back that up. It also seemed that we did not ever wait very long for a CBR bus at a park.

We loved it and we're excited to return this fall!

kshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #25
ijlmcooper
POP July '08, POP Aug '09, CBR Feb '13

hair wrapping

does CBR do the hair wrapping?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #26
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijlmcooper View Post
does CBR do the hair wrapping?
Yup!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #27
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I've stayed at all 4 moderate resorts, and I have to say CBR is my least favorite. Not that it was awful, it just wasn't as good as the others.

The bus service was fine, but with 7 stops, it can be awhile before you are on your way to the parks. Or awhile before you are dropped back by your building at night.

I also found the food court to be lacking in choices. At the other moderates I had a hard time deciding what I wanted. At CBR there were maybe 3 things that looked appealing to me. I had chicken nuggets a few times.

We also had a few roaches (not palmetto bugs) in our room. I did call down, and they asked if we were on the first floor. I'm guessing they are more of a problem on the lower level? They said they would take care of them, and I never did see them again after that. I know that can happen anywhere, but out of more than a dozen stays at WDW that was a first for me! Leaves an impression that is not the best.

Roaches aside, CBR is pretty. But the bus service, and sheer size of the resort was not a positive.

Last edited by maxiesmom; 01-15-2013 at 06:59 AM.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #28
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

We loved cbr. Its gorgeous! I would recomnend a preffered room tho. Those rooms put u right on top of the buses and port royale. Would def stay there again. Never had an issue with anything. Buses were great as were tge staff.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #29
jdonat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshattuck
Our family is a huge fan of CBR! We stayed there in September 2009 and will stay there again this October. To be completely honest, we stayed at POFQ in 2010 and would have preferred that (until the end of our days if my family had its way), but there was no availability during FD. CBR was an easy 2nd choice!

As PP so eloquently stated, it's a huge resort but never felt that way to us -- we had a 16mo, 4yo, my DH and I, as well as my wonderful parents in their early 60s. We had requested one of the Trinidad villages, but ended up with Martinique, which I will be requesting again! Loved it.

For us, even more than being close to OPR was being in a building nearer a bus stop. There is a bus stop at every "village" but we were basically right on top of our bus stop. With our little ones, we were up and at 'em early and then had tired kids upon return, so the shorter the bus distance to lug the kiddos and strollers, the better.

The theming, landscaping, pool, music, all of it -- we LOVED it and commented constantly that our resort felt like a vacation within a vacation. So relaxing, so tropical, so fun!

We all agreed that the CBR food court has got POFQ beat, hands down (except those yummy beignets!) There were SO MANY CHOICES and they had cute little activities for the kids each time we were in there -- limbo contest, etc, super cute and fun!

We also loved the zero entry pool for our very little ones. Just so perfect for families! Additionally, the splash pool area is so unique and fantastic with the pirate ship.

Honestly, we were never bothered by the size of the resort and remarked many times about how close we felt we were to OPR.

My understanding is that CBR has the largest room square footage, but certainly the smaller beds. My husband is 6'2" and over 200 lbs and (love ya honey, but) kind of a complainer when it comes to sleeping accommodations. He never said a word. It's possible he was so exhausted it never became an issue

The buses typically picked us up very quickly, but there's no comparison to POFQ, which is basically door-to-door. There were times that it *felt* as though we were driving around our resort an impossibly long time, but I have no data to back that up. It also seemed that we did not ever wait very long for a CBR bus at a park.

We loved it and we're excited to return this fall!
This is our favorite moderate.. Our first stay at the CBR was in the spring of1989, yes, 1989....only about 1/3 of the resort was done! We'd stay there in an instant again I'd we go down and don't use our DVC points. Loved the zero depth pool from the beginning!
#Disneyland 1992/1997/2000/Disneyland Paris 1997
# BWV 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2006/2007 2008/2009 2009/2010 Jan 2011 Dec 2011 Jan 2012 October 2012 December 2012
# All Star music 2002, Mar 2012 All Star Sports Jun 2012, Beach ClubVillas 2002 AKL Kidani Village Apr 2011 Mar/June 2012 May 2013 Feb 2014 AKL Jambo House June/October 2011
#OKW/WL Aug 2003 OKW Grand Villa NYE 2003/2004 2004/2005 2005/2006 WL Easter 2004 WDW Swan Aug 2008
jdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Gmouse
It's a small world after all!

We didn't care for it. The room was ok. But the door had an 1.5" gap at the bottom- anything could come in. Had to get on a bus to get to the main pool and hot tub. Buses were SLOW as Christmas. Had to get on a bus to get to the food court, which was terrible. Cleaning crew were great. Left all kinds of character towels for us. The grounds were pretty. Nothing to jump up and down about at CB.
PORS is really pretty. It's like a few notches up from CB, to us.

Gina (me) Brent (DH) Landon (DS 14) Jaci (DD 4)
Many one day trips growing up ~ May 1996 PORS 1st trip w/hubby & his 1st trip ~ May 2002 WL Landon's 1st trip ~ Febuary 2005 CBR just the 3 of us ~ January 2009 BWV/AKV just 3 of us again ~ Nov/Dec 2011 AKV Kadani/Jambo ALL 4 of us! Jaci's 1st trip & 2nd bday! ALL of ours 1st time @ Christmas!~January 2012 AKV~
Gmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: