Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #106
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Well, we're in for Memorial Day wkend - airfare price went down today so I did it Now we are just crossing our fingers that Ray Park is there that weekend again. DGrD(9) LOVED SWW last year but I really missed being there on Ray's weekend!
Just hope I'm still able to withstand the FL heat when the next Grand reaches SWW age in about 7 or 8 years.
IIRC, Ray Park has been at SWW the last two weekends. Not saying thats how it will be this year though. My DH is a Ray Park fan. Just not a big enough fan to line up at 3am for his autograph! And yes he said people really do line up at 3am! He used to work nights at DHS and said people were crazy for lining up that early!

Does anyone have any good websites for SW shirts? My DH, Dbro, and myself go every year but never dress up at all. I think it'd be fun to wear some kind of shirts this year to show our love of SW. We're not sure when we'll be going yet. Probably one of the first two weekends because we like to get pins and those sell out pretty quickly.
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #107
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evcollins View Post
We are headed back for a Disney wedding that will also coincide with Star Wars Weekend. We are super excited to head back to SWW! Last year was our first time to Disney altogther and then add SWW into that, we got a lot done, for sure!

So since it was our first time, we wanted to experience regular HS and SWW activities. This year, we'll hit more of the SW shows, PMC and Hoopla this time around. We woke up at 5:00am to get dressed, eat breakfast at the hotel and drive to HS. Plan was to be at the gate no later than 7:00am. I was determined to get the first JA for the day. Right across from JA (kids need to be present to sign up for JA), is PMC sign-ups. There were two spots left by 9:00am, exactly what I needed BUT kids had to be there, too, to sign up. They were on Star Tours b/c there was no wait.

I've attached our TP from last year. Crowds were moderate. I was getting butterflies while planning because I was thinking super crowded and packed. We didn't feel like it was overly crowded, though, which was great. We went the second weekend, on Saturday. It was hot, but not unbearable. We live in Texas! I'd say it flowed really well and it will for you, too, IF you have a plan. We had a plan and we did veer from it every now and then, but it kept us moving and knowing where to head to next.

This is our 2012 TP for SWW:
Arrived 7:00am (one couple in front of us; kids stepped back to watch Stormtroopers on the roof)
Me and Kiddos - Speed walk to Jedi Training, got 9:15am
" " - Rode Star Tours while waiting for DH (it's now 8:07am)
DH - FP for TSMM
Rode Star Tours (x2)
FP for TSMM (11:30-12:30 return time)
Rode FP TSMM
Head over to Jedi Training (15 min. early)
Rode Star Tours
9:15am Jedi Training (no particular order for picking who fights who. DD8 fought Vader and about froze (lol) DS7 fought Darth Maul) received certificate
Rode Star Tours (15 min. wait)
10:15am Watched Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Meet Luke Skywalker (who sent them on mission) and Stormtrooper
11:00am Watched Lights, Motor, Action
DH and Kiddos - Rode FP TSMM
Me - FP Rock-n-Roller Coaster
12:20pm Find parade spot while DH/Kiddos on TSMM
(I did not get on Hollywood Blvd. It was packed and HOT! Looking at the hat, we were off the parade route to the left in front of the little gray cart. Some of the characters walk off to the left, main characters walk to stage and celebrity motorcade veers off in front of us. We saw everyone, so it wasn't a problem not seeing them all on stage!!)
1:20pm ADR for Sci-Fi (great in air conditioning, quiet and calm. I think everyone in there was just tired and glad to be in the dark, relaxing in A/C)
This is where DH and the boys split from me and DD. An hour and 45 minutes to kill before our FP for RNR. Boys decided to character meet. DD wanted to see Little Mermaid.
During the hour and 45 minutes, boys met Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Pig guy
(??lol), Sandpeople of Naboo, Bounty Hunter, Stormtroopers (again), Luke Skywalker (again, they were waiting for Ashoka and switched right when they came up, but he recognized them and told them their mission was complete!)
(FYI, Ashoka, Luke, Commander Cody and Captain Rex rotate)
DD and I met Queen Amidala (20 min. wait)
Watched Little Mermaid (15 min. wait)
Shopped at Star Tours gift shop and boys made their own droids. Wait wasn't long for making the droids; however, them actually making them with so many choices took forever!!)
Rode FP RnR
5:45pm Watched Beauty and the Beast
Took family picture with Photopass in front of hat and headed out!

Note, I had the TP ready to go so we knew where to head and also relax and little and follow the kiddos lead. We did not plan a mid-day break because there was so much to do and the kids were doing fine with the heat. They all carried their own mesh backpacks with their Sharpie, book, water bottle and five snacks. I carried my backpack with first-aid kit, wipes, santizer, panchos, small wallet, snacks and water bottle; camera in seperate small bag. DH carried a soft-sided cooler with 7 water bottles. Everyone did great. We weren't planning on staying for Hoopla because I knew they would be exhausted. If I felt they could have kept going, we planned on dinner at Backlot Express, rest in the Animation Building and then line up for Hoopla.

Looking forward to tweaking 2013's TP!! Hope this helps....The Dissers really helped my planning.

ec

Thank you for posting your TP What was the date of your visit? We are looking at Memorial Day week (arriving Saturday May 25th) and are not sure if we should plan to visit Sunday May 26th (the day before Memorial Day) or Friday May 31st in terms of which day would be less crowded than the other (I know they are all crowded though). DH is a big Star Wars fan so this is a must do for him, and my kids would like to do the Jedi Training Academy too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #108
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
IIRC, Ray Park has been at SWW the last two weekends. Not saying thats how it will be this year though. My DH is a Ray Park fan. Just not a big enough fan to line up at 3am for his autograph! And yes he said people really do line up at 3am! He used to work nights at DHS and said people were crazy for lining up that early!

Does anyone have any good websites for SW shirts? My DH, Dbro, and myself go every year but never dress up at all. I think it'd be fun to wear some kind of shirts this year to show our love of SW. We're not sure when we'll be going yet. Probably one of the first two weekends because we like to get pins and those sell out pretty quickly.
Be very aware that although the shirts I've listed here have no profanity, there are many shirts on this site that do contain profanity.
Vader Pinata: http://www.headlineshirts.net/vader-pinata-t-shirt.html
Elvis Meets Vader: http://www.headlineshirts.net/elvis-...r-t-shirt.html
Cloud City: http://www.headlineshirts.net/cloud-city-t-shirt.html
Han Solo Warhol: http://www.t-shirts.com/warhol-solo-tshirt.html
Lots More at this site...93 choices: http://www.t-shirts.com/star-wars-t-shirts.html

I'm a fan of the Vader Warhol and Vader Has a Posse (http://www.t-shirts.com/vader-has-a-posse-tshirt.html). The Boba Fett one (http://www.t-shirts.com/star-wars-bo...er-tshirt.html) would be another of my favorites.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #109
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

If Star Wars Land were to happen, how do you think it would impact the event?

The force will be with you, always.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #110
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Last year he was there the first two weekends - so that's why I chose the 2nd weekend for next year - well, that and DGrD is getting older and we can take a quick trip and she only misses 1/2 day of school on Friday. It won't make or break my trip if he's not there - but I sure did enjoy the energy and excitement he brought to the weekends he was there when I was taking my DNeph years ago. We did line up for Rays autograph on our last morning (lines formed about 6 AM back then) because DNeph was so impressed him, but we missed seeing him by just a few people before we had to leave for the airport. Very disappointing - I don't think DGrD will want to get up that early to meet anyone!! LOL

Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #111
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Last year he was there the first two weekends - so that's why I chose the 2nd weekend for next year - well, that and DGrD is getting older and we can take a quick trip and she only misses 1/2 day of school on Friday. It won't make or break my trip if he's not there - but I sure did enjoy the energy and excitement he brought to the weekends he was there when I was taking my DNeph years ago. We did line up for Rays autograph on our last morning (lines formed about 6 AM back then) because DNeph was so impressed him, but we missed seeing him by just a few people before we had to leave for the airport. Very disappointing - I don't think DGrD will want to get up that early to meet anyone!! LOL
Since next year's event will be focused on ROTJ, I'd expect Ray to be the last weekend or last two.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #112
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
Be very aware that although the shirts I've listed here have no profanity, there are many shirts on this site that do contain profanity.
Vader Pinata: http://www.headlineshirts.net/vader-pinata-t-shirt.html
Elvis Meets Vader: http://www.headlineshirts.net/elvis-...r-t-shirt.html
Cloud City: http://www.headlineshirts.net/cloud-city-t-shirt.html
Han Solo Warhol: http://www.t-shirts.com/warhol-solo-tshirt.html
Lots More at this site...93 choices: http://www.t-shirts.com/star-wars-t-shirts.html

I'm a fan of the Vader Warhol and Vader Has a Posse (http://www.t-shirts.com/vader-has-a-posse-tshirt.html). The Boba Fett one (http://www.t-shirts.com/star-wars-bo...er-tshirt.html) would be another of my favorites.
Thanks! I'm not worried about proganity on the site but thanks for the heads up! I'm liking a lot of the shirts. I think I'm going to get DH the Boba Fett one for Christmas. He really likes Boba Fett.
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #113
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
Since next year's event will be focused on ROTJ, I'd expect Ray to be the last weekend or last two.
No! Please! Don't crush my hopes already!!LOL

Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #114
bentopher
Mouseketeer

hi hi hi hi! I just finished reading through the entire thread! So happy I found this

I was at WDW in May.. and entirely unbeknownst to me we left at 6am (flights) on the opening Friday of SWW 2012. AGH! So, I just booked my trip last week to go back this May. We are going May 12-22 and I sure hope that the first SWW is May 17/18/19!!

(Side Note: We made it to JA and got an 11amish spot, and they boys were ready to go beside the stage and then it downpoured and the show was cancelled and they never got to do the JA they did arrange a Darth Vader and 2 Clones photo op for the kids to compensate. )

So I'm a huge planner and need help My first question, at some point will there be any info that I can look at that will tell me who is where and what is going on each day?

It's just me and my 2 boys (6 and 5 years old). So I have to base everything on the notion that there is only one adult to do all the work I have park hoppers, so I don't have to do "everything" when we get to HS. We can go back a different day to do other rides and shows (TSM, Indie Show, etc). But I want the first time we go to HS on this trip to be for SWW. My boys are entirely unaware that when we go to HS it will be SWW! And I know how much they will be excited!!

Any advice what day would be best to go.. Friday? Saturday or Sunday? I honestly don't know what to expect. I know we don't need to do celebrities for signatures. I do know that the boys will want to see Captain Rex and Cody. Their 2 favourites! I know they do prefer Clone Wars to "the original movies" as they call them

Are there other shows? I know I read about the dance off, is that only at night? Generally speaking is there a parade once a day? What time is this at? Does it replace the Pixar parade? Also, the Clone Troopers show in the morning? When does this start? What time would you recommend we actually be at the gate??? We are staying on property so will be taking the bus in. I've read about long lines into DarthMall. What is really in there? lol The boys have tons of SW toys and we aren't really collectors, so I'm guessing I don't have to panic and/or worry about this?? I really just want them to be in "awe" and experience the whole thing and have FUN!

http://www.forceunitedniagara.ca/ is a local Star Wars group. My boys are very accustomed to seeing these guys about twice a year.

Ok sorry lots of info But I have to plan, I have ADR's to work in for the week too.. lol

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #115
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
hi hi hi hi! I just finished reading through the entire thread! So happy I found this

I was at WDW in May.. and entirely unbeknownst to me we left at 6am (flights) on the opening Friday of SWW 2012. AGH! So, I just booked my trip last week to go back this May. We are going May 12-22 and I sure hope that the first SWW is May 17/18/19!!

(Side Note: We made it to JA and got an 11amish spot, and they boys were ready to go beside the stage and then it downpoured and the show was cancelled and they never got to do the JA they did arrange a Darth Vader and 2 Clones photo op for the kids to compensate. )

So I'm a huge planner and need help My first question, at some point will there be any info that I can look at that will tell me who is where and what is going on each day?

It's just me and my 2 boys (6 and 5 years old). So I have to base everything on the notion that there is only one adult to do all the work I have park hoppers, so I don't have to do "everything" when we get to HS. We can go back a different day to do other rides and shows (TSM, Indie Show, etc). But I want the first time we go to HS on this trip to be for SWW. My boys are entirely unaware that when we go to HS it will be SWW! And I know how much they will be excited!!

Any advice what day would be best to go.. Friday? Saturday or Sunday? I honestly don't know what to expect. I know we don't need to do celebrities for signatures. I do know that the boys will want to see Captain Rex and Cody. Their 2 favourites! I know they do prefer Clone Wars to "the original movies" as they call them

Are there other shows? I know I read about the dance off, is that only at night? Generally speaking is there a parade once a day? What time is this at? Does it replace the Pixar parade? Also, the Clone Troopers show in the morning? When does this start? What time would you recommend we actually be at the gate??? We are staying on property so will be taking the bus in. I've read about long lines into DarthMall. What is really in there? lol The boys have tons of SW toys and we aren't really collectors, so I'm guessing I don't have to panic and/or worry about this?? I really just want them to be in "awe" and experience the whole thing and have FUN!

http://www.forceunitedniagara.ca/ is a local Star Wars group. My boys are very accustomed to seeing these guys about twice a year.

Ok sorry lots of info But I have to plan, I have ADR's to work in for the week too.. lol

Excluding merchandise, Friday is the best day to go followed by Sunday then Saturday. There are other shows, which includes:

Behind the Force: a behind the scenes look at Clone Wars hosted by Ashley Eckstien featuring James Arnold Taylor and the visiting Clone Wars voice actor.

Stars of the Saga: An interview with the two visiting actors from the movies.

James Arnold Taylor voice show (forget the name ): A show featuring JAT and the many voices he does.

Visiting actor show: All depends on who's visiting IE Ray Park, Anthony Daniels, etc.

The Stormtrooper show is right when the gates open at 7:20. If you want to meet an actor, get there early as in 5 or 5:30. Otherwise, get there at 7. The parade is at 11:45 AM and doesn't replace Pixar. Darth's Mall is where you'll find event merchandise. Collectors get in line early for limited edition stuff, and considering you aren't one, just wait until later.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #116
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Excluding merchandise, Friday is the best day to go followed by Sunday then Saturday. There are other shows, which includes:

Behind the Force: a behind the scenes look at Clone Wars hosted by Ashley Eckstien featuring James Arnold Taylor and the visiting Clone Wars voice actor.

Stars of the Saga: An interview with the two visiting actors from the movies.

James Arnold Taylor voice show (forget the name ): A show featuring JAT and the many voices he does.

Visiting actor show: All depends on who's visiting IE Ray Park, Anthony Daniels, etc.

The Stormtrooper show is right when the gates open at 7:20. If you want to meet an actor, get there early as in 5 or 5:30. Otherwise, get there at 7. The parade is at 11:45 AM and doesn't replace Pixar. Darth's Mall is where you'll find event merchandise. Collectors get in line early for limited edition stuff, and considering you aren't one, just wait until later.

Ok this is all great information! Thank you! Also helps knowing the parade is just before lunch so I can plan my ADR accordingly.

A couple more questions

Those shows... Do they do them all 3 days and more than once a day? I presume at certain times?
When you get there are their leaflet handouts outlining the show times?
Does the leaflets also outline character Meet & Greets?

Has anyone ever seen a special SW "book" that is used to collect autographs instead of a traditional WDW one? I'm thinking of making my boys a special SW book with character photos for the characters to sign

Does anyone know if Disney happens to have SW characters stock shots??

Thanks

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #117
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Ok this is all great information! Thank you! Also helps knowing the parade is just before lunch so I can plan my ADR accordingly.

A couple more questions

1. Those shows... Do they do them all 3 days and more than once a day? I presume at certain times?

2.When you get there are their leaflet handouts outlining the show times?
Does the leaflets also outline character Meet & Greets?

3. Has anyone ever seen a special SW "book" that is used to collect autographs instead of a traditional WDW one? I'm thinking of making my boys a special SW book with character photos for the characters to sign

4. Does anyone know if Disney happens to have SW characters stock shots??

Thanks
1. Behind the Force is shown twice a day, but the rest are shown once daily.

2. No, but Kenny the Pirate always has a great character chart and map.

3. I just used a traditional WDW one. Look around online and you might find one.

4. They might, but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #118
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like the Her Universe shirts. Some of them are available from Hot Topics, or from http://www.heruniverseshop.com/Depar...Star-Wars.aspx

Quote:
If Star Wars Land were to happen, how do you think it would impact the event?
At Legoland? It may increase the number of people attending SWW. It certainly wouldn't take away from SWW. People would just go to Legoland on weekdays. What do you think?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #119
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

At Legoland? It may increase the number of people attending SWW. It certainly wouldn't take away from SWW. People would just go to Legoland on weekdays. What do you think?
Not Legoland, I'm talking if Disney would make SW Land, how would it change the event?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #120
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not Legoland, I'm talking if Disney would make SW Land, how would it change the event?
If only! If I were a betting person, I'd say the odds are more in favor for carsland. But a SW Land would be great!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: