Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #61
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

If I'm understanding this right,
  • CMs start handing out FPs to folks about 7AM.
  • If 4 people in my party want to meet say Chewbacca, all 4 need to be in THAT line to get a FP.
  • Having a FP for a character is the only way to "meet" a character and have something signed. There is no "stand by" line.
  • It is not uncommon for folks to camp out the night before.
  • There are separate FP lines for each event and/or character.
  • It is possible to be there as early as 7AM and get a FP for that evening.
  • Official opening time generally stays the same although the gates have opened as early as 8AMish.

More questions:
  • How early do FPs completely run out for the day? Approximate or your personal experience is fine. I get it's a YMMV thing.
  • My plan is to let the guys go early in the morning to get their character FPs and meet up with them later to have breakfast. What is, in your opinion or experience, a reasonable breakfast time? For an ADR? Granddaughter is wanting the Jake & the Neverland Pirates/Other Characters I Don't Know breakfast at H&V.
  • Has anyone been able to get FPs for more than one character in a day?

Thanks for any help.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #62
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
Miniland should be great! By the way, Star Wars Vinylmation Series 3 will be release when SWW starts.
Uh oh! My husband and son just started collecting vinylmation. Will Darth Mall be our first priority day 1? Do they go fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
If I'm understanding this right,
  • CMs start handing out FPs to folks about 7AM.
  • If 4 people in my party want to meet say Chewbacca, all 4 need to be in THAT line to get a FP.
  • Having a FP for a character is the only way to "meet" a character and have something signed. There is no "stand by" line.
  • It is not uncommon for folks to camp out the night before.
  • There are separate FP lines for each event and/or character.
  • It is possible to be there as early as 7AM and get a FP for that evening.
  • Official opening time generally stays the same although the gates have opened as early as 8AMish.

More questions:
  • How early do FPs completely run out for the day? Approximate or your personal experience is fine. I get it's a YMMV thing.
  • My plan is to let the guys go early in the morning to get their character FPs and meet up with them later to have breakfast. What is, in your opinion or experience, a reasonable breakfast time? For an ADR? Granddaughter is wanting the Jake & the Neverland Pirates/Other Characters I Don't Know breakfast at H&V.
  • Has anyone been able to get FPs for more than one character in a day?

Thanks for any help.
The FP lines are for autographs of the celebrity guests not for the costumed characters. Yes, people have camped out for them. We got there at 6am and were able to get a FP for Jeremy Bulloch and James Arnold Taylor. Ray Parks line is a different story.

For the costumed characters you just get in their line in the park, some lines aren't too long like Queen Amidala. Other lines like Darth Vader you can plan on waiting an hour or more wait to see them, unless you go there first thing upon park opening.

I saw people with more than one wristband/FP, but we were only able to get one wristband a piece. My husband waited in stand-by to see Nikka Futterman for nearly two hours, but he did get her autograph!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #63
GreenCntryGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Uh oh! My husband and son just started collecting vinylmation. Will Darth Mall be our first priority day 1? Do they go fast?

The FP lines are for autographs of the celebrity guests not for the costumed characters. Yes, people have camped out for them. We got there at 6am and were able to get a FP for Jeremy Bulloch and James Arnold Taylor. Ray Parks line is a different story.

For the costumed characters you just get in their line in the park, some lines aren't too long like Queen Amidala. Other lines like Darth Vader you can plan on waiting an hour or more wait to see them, unless you go there first thing upon park opening.

I saw people with more than one wristband/FP, but we were only able to get one wristband a piece. My husband waited in stand-by to see Nikka Futterman for nearly two hours, but he did get her autograph!
Thank you for your help...I didn't even realize that the characters were there and I thought it was all celebrities. Learned something new today!

I'm trying to think if there's anyone I would be as dedicated to seeing has your husband. I'll be curious to see how my kids and husband prioritize, too.

Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #64
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Thank you for your help...I didn't even realize that the characters were there and I thought it was all celebrities. Learned something new today!

I'm trying to think if there's anyone I would be as dedicated to seeing has your husband. I'll be curious to see how my kids and husband prioritize, too.
Generally there's only about 5 celebrities each weekend.

The force will be with you, always.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #65
GreenCntryGirl

Quote:
Generally there's only about 5 celebrities each weekend.
That's good to know, too. Thanks!

Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #66
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
That's good to know, too. Thanks!
Normally it goes like this:

2 from the movies
1 from Clone Wars
Your hosts

Depending on when Star Wars: Detours (the new comedy series by Seth Green) comes out, we might be seeing some voice actors from there.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #67
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

So planning to go May 24-.June 2nd. So thinking of going to DHS on sat May 25,sat June 1st(ds 11th bday)and morning of June 2nd until time for airport.I was wondering how to figure out which parks to go to on the other days.How crowded will the other parks be?Any tips tricks would be great this is our first family trip(dh and I went 15 years ago for a weekend)Also would like to do sci-fi for ds birthday any ideas on getting a star wars cake?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #68
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
So planning to go May 24-.June 2nd. So thinking of going to DHS on sat May 25,sat June 1st(ds 11th bday)and morning of June 2nd until time for airport.I was wondering how to figure out which parks to go to on the other days.How crowded will the other parks be?Any tips tricks would be great this is our first family trip(dh and I went 15 years ago for a weekend)Also would like to do sci-fi for ds birthday any ideas on getting a star wars cake?
My birthday is on June 1 aswell I would actually go on May 26 instead of the 25th, as Sundays are less crowded then Saturdays. I really can't help you on other parks, but look on easywdw.com soon.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
McDubbs
Disneyphile

I really hope that they distribute the LE merch better this time. Most all of the LE stuff was sold out by 9am on Day 2 of the first weekend. People were getting multiples of LE items, IMO they should be limited to one piece each. They can even track it by our park ticket, just to make it fair. I want to by something for myself, not to sell on ebay for a 300% mark up.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #70
39CINDERELLA
Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince
Educate me you Smarties!
My dd thinks I have gone off the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDubbs View Post
I really hope that they distribute the LE merch better this time. Most all of the LE stuff was sold out by 9am on Day 2 of the first weekend. People were getting multiples of LE items, IMO they should be limited to one piece each. They can even track it by our park ticket, just to make it fair. I want to by something for myself, not to sell on ebay for a 300% mark up.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #71
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDubbs View Post
We got there mid morning and the line was 2 hours long to get into Darth's Mall the first day!! We ended up not shopping that day and missed out on the LEs too.

2 items per person would be good. They use to do that years ago with pins and such.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #72
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
We got there mid morning and the line was 2 hours long to get into Darth's Mall the first day!! We ended up not shopping that day and missed out on the LEs too.

2 items per person would be good. They use to do that years ago with pins and such.
That would be the smart thing to do TBH.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #73
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

We are SO HOPING to be in WDW in late May!! Still planning. LOVE LOVE LOVE SWW!!
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #74
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
Check out the cake chatter thread on the Restaurant board. It is long but there's a link in the first post to a photo index, and you don't have to read through the whole thing. Everyone is really helpful and can point you in the right direction for ordering a cake. We've had 3 Disney birthday cakes so far, two from the Grand Floridian and one from the Contemporary. The sky is really the limit (depending on what you're willing to spend, of course).

Quote:
My birthday is on June 1 aswell I would actually go on May 26 instead of the 25th, as Sundays are less crowded then Saturdays. I really can't help you on other parks, but look on easywdw.com soon.
Do you think that will hold true even over the holiday weekend? I've been counting on Sunday being just as bad as Saturday because so many people have Monday off work.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #75
melliej
Earning My Ears

I have a 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son who are total Star Wars junkies. Are the Star Wars weekends more for adults or are there aspects they would enjoy too? They would be happy with a regular weekend and just doing the Jedi Training Academy. If lines are incredibly long during the Star Wars weekends, it would take away from the "coolness" of it for them.
YACHT CLUB: december 2010 • first disney trip for my husband & kids
CARIBBEAN BEACH: december 1997
CARIBBEAN BEACH: march 1989
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: