Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #46
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty4Disney View Post
This will be our first SWW. My extended family (6 of us) will be staying at AKV from June 2-8. I will have my 10 year old grandson with me who is a fan. I will have to start doing my research and follow this thread for more tips.
We are hoping to stay at AKV May 31-June 8. We have to wait for the 7 month window. We are going to be party of six as well taking our two kids, our nephew, and our "other" daughter. (DD BFF)

We went to SWW last year and loved it. We didn't stand in line to meet the characters as much as we wanted, but it was still really cool. We got our picture with both Rex and Cody. That was really cool.
We loved the Darth Mall. DS spent a lot of money there in our first couple of days. I was thinking that he needed to pace himself for the rest of the week, but he didn't really spend anything the rest of the week.
We had nametags made in the mall with our names printed in "Star Wars" letters. I don't know what the Star Wars language is called. You can pick which planet you are from. I was from Coursant, DH Alderan, DD Endor, and DS Tattooine. I guess we'll have to purchase a couple of extras next year.
Don't be afraid to really get into it. We saw people dressed up last year in costume. No face coverings. Saw several people dressed in jedi robes mostly. Four young adult women all had jedi gear on and the photopass photographers were having a blast with them.
DS and DH both made lightsabers but DS prefers to carry his smaller older one since it will fold up completely in the hilt.
SWW is the only reason that we are going back in June. I really hope that they don't change the time of year. With kids in Jr High and High School, we can't take them out of school anymore for vacations. They just miss too much vital information.
We can't wait. Only 269 days to go!

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Old 09-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #47
Bronte
DIS Veteran

You and I will be up bright and early at the 7 month window opening
I am hopefull for May 31 through June 9 in a one bedroom at BCV but if not any one bedroom will do !!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
mapleleafmom
Earning My Ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjxfmmTt2I

so is this the hooplah show everyone talks about..cause i didnt hear anyone mention a dance off in the reports from last year but mentioned the hooplah show alot???

thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #49
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafmom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjxfmmTt2I

so is this the hooplah show everyone talks about..cause i didnt hear anyone mention a dance off in the reports from last year but mentioned the hooplah show alot???

thanks
Yes, the Hoopla is a dance off. The last two years, it's really evolved. 2012's Hoopla was a continuation of 2011's. It's become more elaborate and entertaining.

Years ago, it took place on the little stage by Star Tours. It was fun cramming everyone in there. It's so much better now on the big stage and weather permitted, it's broadcasted on the Idol marquis. We watched it on the marquis the last 2 years.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #50
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

My "boys" are already planning out their costumes. I got a couple Her Universe shirts, a Darth Vader and a Mara Jade. So maybe this year I'll blend in better with my family for pictures.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #51
The Sunrise Student
Mouseketeer

Crossing My Fingers

I truly hope you are right! Before I read this post I was thinking of these same dates (after seeing past years dates) and I have already booked a room at the Swan (May 17th through 27th) so me and my boyfriend can take the boats over to DS for SWW. I am hoping by picking these dates that we will catch 2 of the 4 weekends by booking this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
While we're probably 9 months away from Star Wars Weekends 2013, I thought we should share our tips and tricks from previous years! Here are the assumed SWW2013 dates:

May 17-19
May 24-26
May 31-June 2
June 7-9

PAST TRIPS: May 2013 - WDW - Swan Resort (1st time at SWW) Oct 2010 - WDW - Windsor Hills 6 Bedroom Home June 2010 - WDW - Port Orleans River Side Jan 2009 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge Dec 2006 - WDW - Shades of Green Oct 2005 - WDW - Radisson Dec/Jan 2003/04 - WDW - Days Inn
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #52
TrixieLouMagoo
Earning My Ears

We are so in! This will be our 3rd year. Not sure of dates yet...thinking Memorial Day Weekend. (That's what we did our first trip.) Lovelovelove Star Wars Weekends! So glad there is a new thread already so I can start the fun and excitement early!

May the force be with you all!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I'm in. After being in WDW last Memorial Day but not having time for any of the SWW fun, I've decided that this year I'm taking DS14, leaving my daughters home with DH, and going just for the event. It'll probably be Memorial Day weekend again, to minimize missed school and because I do so love having an excuse to be at Disney for my birthday, and right now I'm leaning towards staying at the Dolphin.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #54
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I'm going as Darth Vader to MNSSHP. The question is will I survive the heat in May for SWW?

The force will be with you, always.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #55
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going as Darth Vader to MNSSHP. The question is will I survive the heat in May for SWW?
MNSSHP should be a good test run.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #56
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
MNSSHP should be a good test run.
I might just wear the helmet to SWW. I'm already getting worked up on what I'm gonna wear

Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #57
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

thinking of going May25-June2, can anyone tell me how crowded MK.Epcot and AK will be during that week?This will be our boys(7 &10) first trip.The last time dh and I were at DW was 15 years ago for a honeymoon weekendAny tips and words of wisdom would be great Also ds will be turning 11 on June 1st anything extra special I can do? Just a side note, I watched a youtube video on the Jedi training and when Darth Vader asks the kids to join the dark side dh and I started to laugh because we know ds7 will say "I'll Go" He says the bad guys are more fun!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #58
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I might just wear the helmet to SWW. I'm already getting worked up on what I'm gonna wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
thinking of going May25-June2, can anyone tell me how crowded MK.Epcot and AK will be during that week?This will be our boys(7 &10) first trip.The last time dh and I were at DW was 15 years ago for a honeymoon weekendAny tips and words of wisdom would be great Also ds will be turning 11 on June 1st anything extra special I can do? Just a side note, I watched a youtube video on the Jedi training and when Darth Vader asks the kids to join the dark side dh and I started to laugh because we know ds7 will say "I'll Go" He says the bad guys are more fun!!!!!!
Memorial weekend last year seemed busier to me than in the past. I think that the Fantasyland expansion will entice more people.

If you have any hopes of signing up the boys for Jedi Training and/or Padawan Mind Challenge AND doing the mad dash for a TSM FP you will have to think out your strategy over SWW. Someone could go get the TSM FPs, but if both boys are participating in Jedi Training, they both have to be present for sign ups with an adult.

My son didn't do Jedi Training last year, but did the previous year. We got in line at 9:05am and when it was his turn the time slots were already at mid-afternoon.

ETA: during SWW the Jedi Training can be fighting Darth Maul, Darth Vader or Ventress. Your child may either be on the stage or down at street level as two go on at the same time.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #59
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Not SWW related, but Star Wars related...

October 6 is Star Wars Reads Day http://www.starwars.com/news/star_wars_reads_day.html

October 16th Star Wars Exhibit is coming to the Orlando Science Center for a limited engagement. http://www.osc.org/index.php?option=...117&Itemid=181

Legoland announced a Star Wars expansion http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_1...ars-expansion/
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #60
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Not SWW related, but Star Wars related...

October 6 is Star Wars Reads Day http://www.starwars.com/news/star_wars_reads_day.html

October 16th Star Wars Exhibit is coming to the Orlando Science Center for a limited engagement. http://www.osc.org/index.php?option=...117&Itemid=181

Legoland announced a Star Wars expansion http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_1...ars-expansion/
Miniland should be great! By the way, Star Wars Vinylmation Series 3 will be release when SWW starts.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: