Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #31
jce2
Mouseketeer

ROTJ = Return of the Jedi (my guess anyway)

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Sharing something I wished I'd known when we went this past year:
I did know that the gates opened earlier than advertised and were so when we arrived at 7:30. However, I didn't know meet and greets started at 10am. I suggest, if you want to see someone popular like Darth Vader, get some breakfast and grab a place in line. Bring a deck of cards.
We only wanted to see Boba Fett, so we had time for breakfast, DarthMall and a TSM ride before we got in line. Waited about half an hour for our M&G with what turned into Jenga Fett and were out of HS by 11 am.The crowds were pouring in at that point.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #33
hkp1042
Mouseketeer

We will be there during that time next year. The kids are super excited, all three boys are big into Star Wars so I an't wait to see their faces.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
ROTJ = Return of the Jedi (my guess anyway)
It is....the movies are typically abbreviated as....

ANH
ESB
ROTJ
TPM
AOTC
ROTS

And we'll also be there for SW weekends next June!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
Sharing something I wished I'd known when we went this past year:
I did know that the gates opened earlier than advertised and were so when we arrived at 7:30. However, I didn't know meet and greets started at 10am. I suggest, if you want to see someone popular like Darth Vader, get some breakfast and grab a place in line. Bring a deck of cards.
We only wanted to see Boba Fett, so we had time for breakfast, DarthMall and a TSM ride before we got in line. Waited about half an hour for our M&G with what turned into Jenga Fett and were out of HS by 11 am.The crowds were pouring in at that point.
I know that Darth Vader came out when the park opened due to popular demand.

The force will be with you, always.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #36
AdamsPrincess
I leave you people alone for just a minute look what happens, everything's gone to pot!

Very excited for this again, my boys absolutely love it!

tip...water drink lots and lots of water, there is a ton of waiting in the sun with no shade!

heading possibly back down May 11-21!

Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #37
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

After the merchandise panel at Celebration VI, it's pretty much confirmed Return of the Jedi will be the main focus of next year at Disney.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Well..for us it's looking like unless we can snag a deal...we might not make it for SWW!! We will have a big trip in Dec 2013, so May would have to be a frugal trip...not seeing that happening. But fingers crossed!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #39
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I'm in! We're going down May 25-31 with both the 25-26 dedicated to SWW (HOPEFULLY)

I'll be down with DH, DB and his DGF and it will be a first for all 3, so I'm super excited and hoping the assumed dates are correct. I figured I was safe with the last full weekend of may

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (AKL)

Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #40
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I know that Darth Vader came out when the park opened due to popular demand.
On the day I went, at 8am there were a dozen people in line. At 9:30 it had grown to 30. The schedule the CM let me look at said he was to come out at 10am.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #41
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
On the day I went, at 8am there were a dozen people in line. At 9:30 it had grown to 30. The schedule the CM let me look at said he was to come out at 10am.
I know on the "official" schedules it may have been 10, but on the 2 days we were there early, Vader was out between 8 and 8:15 (if memory serves me right) - it was definitely way before 10. There was certainly a lengthy line regardless of the times we wandered by. I'm sure it is like many things, where there is an "official" time and "you might get lucky" time.

Sort of like in Darth's Maul - we knew from Kenny the Pirate that C3PO and R2D2 were supposed to meet at say 4:30. We got in line about 4:00 when Leia was meeting and saw her. We got back in line to get the droids, but when we asked the CM about the droids, she said that R2D2 would be coming out soon, but there were no guarantees about 3PO. It ended up that Luke replaced Leia, then the droids joined him, so we ended up with all 3 together. It was just sort of a luck of the draw kind of thing. Sorry for going .

That's why I love the SWW thread and the first-weekenders who get it all mapped out for the rest of us!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post

That's why I love the SWW thread and the first-weekenders who get it all mapped out for the rest of us!
I'd be more worried about being a first day person then first weekender.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #43
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

We are in! My family and I will be there the 2nd weekend! We all love SWW and are excited that we get to go back!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #44
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I've been posting on the old tip thread. Didn't realize a new thread for SWW 2013 had already started. I'm behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I strongly agree with this. I might be getting a WDW AP to go every weekend, and that might also be your best bet.
We didn't make it last year every weekend, but we are trying this year. Arranging vacation time around SWW if we can.

AP is a great way to go. Gives you lots of flexibility in case of inclement weather for Hoopla like that one day it was cancelled last year, and don't have to try to get everything done in one day.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they could add a special show for SWW and have Star Wars in 30 minutes or 60 minutes there?! That was one of our highlights from Celebration VI
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #45
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I've been posting on the old tip thread. Didn't realize a new thread for SWW 2013 had already started. I'm behind!

We didn't make it last year every weekend, but we are trying this year. Arranging vacation time around SWW if we can.

AP is a great way to go. Gives you lots of flexibility in case of inclement weather for Hoopla like that one day it was cancelled last year, and don't have to try to get everything done in one day.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they could add a special show for SWW and have Star Wars in 30 minutes or 60 minutes there?! That was one of our highlights from Celebration VI
Why Disney hasn't done that yet is beyond me

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: