Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #286
Elana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tink3 View Post
I had asked this question a while back, when I was making a reservation, it no longer included an additional driver. I had received answer here that as an Alamo insider that an additional driver would still be included.

Well, tonight as I try to check in for my pick up tomorrow, they are trying to charge an additional $9.99 per day for another driver. This was always included before the website change. When I made my reservation it said another driver was included, but it did not print on the confirmation. I am so frustrated at time I could just SCREAM!!!

Has anybody else had these issue with Alamo.
I just went to the Alamo website. Found the spot where it says contact them. Clicked on that. There was a spot to ask a question. Asked about the additional driver fee. I would go there and print it out. What it says, is that the driver must be a member of Alamo insiders and you can have an additional driver without a fee.
Elana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #287
donalduck
DIS Veteran

Dont trust them

Hello,

I wanted to let you know how much of a joke your company is. I booked a car on your website a few months ago I think back in October for a car for January 4th Thur the 13th. When I booked my car through your website it said your company was at MCO airport. After a long flight my wife and I just wanted to get our car and start our vacation but NO we couldn't do that at all. We had walked through the whole airport car rental desks with all of our bags plus a have a very bad back and we kept on walking where all of the company's are and still couldn't find your company. There was a few signs with your company name on it but it didn't tell us where to go at all. So I went up to the Hertz desk because I knew that your company was bought out by Hertz. So the guy tells me that your company has moved out of the airport and that I had to take a shuttle bus to where ever the world you have moved to. O by the way YOU COULD HAVE CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THAT YOU MOVED OFF THE AIRPORT PROPERTY BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE CANCELED THE CAR. But wait there is more So the guy at Hertz tells us what bus number we had to wait at for this shuttle. So my wife and I go outside waiting for this shuttle at the number he told us it was the wrong number. Your COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BUS NUMBER. So the bus pulls up and the guy walks out of the shuttle for 10 seconds and gets back in the shuttle and starts to drive off and I am yelling HEY HEY AND WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR SO HE STOPS. We weren,'t the only ones either. So this still is not the best part of this cluster you know what of a story. We get to your car company rental place and get off the shuttle bus and the check in line is pretty much coming out of the door. I had to stand in this long line for at least an hour and 30 mins. This is not including the almost 30 mins it took for the guy to check me in and ask me all his stupid questions that I really couldn't understand in the first place because he didn't speak very well English to begin with. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT YOUR COMPANY SCREWED UP OUR FIRST DAY OF OUR VACATION. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVER AGAIN AND I AM ALSO GOING TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVERY AGAIN.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #288
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck
Hello,

I wanted to let you know how much of a joke your company is. I booked a car on your website a few months ago I think back in October for a car for January 4th Thur the 13th. When I booked my car through your website it said your company was at MCO airport. After a long flight my wife and I just wanted to get our car and start our vacation but NO we couldn't do that at all. We had walked through the whole airport car rental desks with all of our bags plus a have a very bad back and we kept on walking where all of the company's are and still couldn't find your company. There was a few signs with your company name on it but it didn't tell us where to go at all. So I went up to the Hertz desk because I knew that your company was bought out by Hertz. So the guy tells me that your company has moved out of the airport and that I had to take a shuttle bus to where ever the world you have moved to. O by the way YOU COULD HAVE CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THAT YOU MOVED OFF THE AIRPORT PROPERTY BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE CANCELED THE CAR. But wait there is more So the guy at Hertz tells us what bus number we had to wait at for this shuttle. So my wife and I go outside waiting for this shuttle at the number he told us it was the wrong number. Your COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BUS NUMBER. So the bus pulls up and the guy walks out of the shuttle for 10 seconds and gets back in the shuttle and starts to drive off and I am yelling HEY HEY AND WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR SO HE STOPS. We weren,'t the only ones either. So this still is not the best part of this cluster you know what of a story. We get to your car company rental place and get off the shuttle bus and the check in line is pretty much coming out of the door. I had to stand in this long line for at least an hour and 30 mins. This is not including the almost 30 mins it took for the guy to check me in and ask me all his stupid questions that I really couldn't understand in the first place because he didn't speak very well English to begin with. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT YOUR COMPANY SCREWED UP OUR FIRST DAY OF OUR VACATION. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVER AGAIN AND I AM ALSO GOING TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVERY AGAIN.
Nice rant, you do realize that you didn't mention the company and whatever company that is won't actually read anything you said here.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #289
3tink3
Earning My Ears

donaldduck

Please tell me that this is not ALAMO. I am sure that they are still at the Orlando airport.
3tink3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #290
donalduck
DIS Veteran

sorry it is Advantage I just cut and pasted that because that's what I put on there headquarters website. But I wanted to let every one on the dis know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Nice rant, you do realize that you didn't mention the company and whatever company that is won't actually read anything you said here.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #291
donalduck
DIS Veteran

This is Advantage car rental

Hello,

I wanted to let you know how much of a joke your company is. I booked a car on your website a few months ago I think back in October for a car for January 4th Thur the 13th. When I booked my car through your website it said your company was at MCO airport. After a long flight my wife and I just wanted to get our car and start our vacation but NO we couldn't do that at all. We had walked through the whole airport car rental desks with all of our bags plus a have a very bad back and we kept on walking* where all of the company's are and still couldn't find your company. There was a few signs with your company name on it but it didn't tell us where to go at all.* So I went up to the Hertz desk because I knew that your company was bought out by Hertz.* So the guy tells me that your company has moved out of the airport and that I had to take a shuttle bus to where ever the world you have moved to. O by the way YOU COULD HAVE CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THAT YOU MOVED OFF THE AIRPORT PROPERTY BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE CANCELED THE CAR. But wait there is more** So the guy at Hertz tells us what bus number we had to wait at for this shuttle. So my wife and I go outside waiting for this shuttle at the number he told us it was the wrong number. Your COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BUS NUMBER. So the bus pulls up and the guy walks out of the shuttle for 10 seconds and gets back in the shuttle and starts to drive off and I am yelling HEY HEY AND WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR SO HE STOPS. We weren,'t the only ones either. So this still is not the best part of this cluster you know what of a story. We get to your car company rental place and get off the shuttle bus and the check in line is pretty much coming out of the door. I had to stand in this long line for at least an hour and 30 mins. This is not including the almost 30 mins it took for the guy to check me in and ask me all his stupid questions that I really couldn't understand in the first place because he didn't speak very well English to begin with.* SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT YOUR COMPANY SCREWED UP OUR FIRST DAY OF OUR VACATION.** SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVER AGAIN AND I AM ALSO GOING TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVERY AGAIN.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #292
doublea211
Earning My Ears

FYI for you of all, I gave the Alamo Visa $30 coupon (same code) another try for the heck of it, and it works again. Hope this helps!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #293
mellvswdw1
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Priceline Negotiated Car Rental

I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but I was pretty happy. I was able to get a standard car from Budget from 1/26-2/1 for $72.00 and with tax 129.72. It was the lowest that I had seen. I just hope I didn't pull the trigger to fast. I had a reservation with Dollar for an economy for $179 total, so I feel a lot better!

Many trips to the Happy Place...over 25!!! I love DVC!! A surprise trip in May!

mellvswdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #294
bonzarella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellvswdw1 View Post
I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but I was pretty happy. I was able to get a standard car from Budget from 1/26-2/1 for $72.00 and with tax 129.72. It was the lowest that I had seen. I just hope I didn't pull the trigger to fast. I had a reservation with Dollar for an economy for $179 total, so I feel a lot better!
have a great vac, we too are hoping for 70's weather.
4/08 Star Island [12/07 Xmas @ Ft. W cabins 11/07 at Bonnet Creek 10/07 at Silver Lakes F&W&W&W&W 9/07 Bouncedback w/FDP @Pop at Bonnet Creek 6/07 Bonnet Creek OKW-offsite 3/07 Proud Parents of AKV 2/07 OKW-Pirate & Princess Party 11/06-OKW-MVMCP with KB! 9/06-Pop Century/FDP/Bonnet Creek 3/06-OKW-Spring Break10/05-OKW/MNSSHP 7/05-OKW/Vero Beach/OKW 3/05-Regal Palm 10/04-DVC MEMBERS
7/04-Fort Wilderness Cabins-1st Family trip

[
bonzarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #295
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellvswdw1 View Post
Costco seems to have some pretty good deals. I see $104 for a standard or fullsize inc taxes with Budget.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #296
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by balatonbabe View Post
Check Alamo again for a 10 day rental Jan 29 to Feb 4 (Costco and free day discount) out of Sanford, and we're at $300 now! Still hoping to do better and will keep checking.
You can try Budget as well using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon mupz044 for $40 off. Total I get is $255 inc taxes after e-coupon is applied when return minivan.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #297
mellvswdw1
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzarella View Post
Thank you fellow Hoosier.....hope you have a great trip as well!

Webworm...I went ahead and paid so I am out of luck. We don't have a Costco here in Fort Wayne, IN and I just found this thread. Thanks for the heads up, we usually just use Magical Express, and not a rental car. The main reason for getting the rental car was my frustration on our last trip to BWV's and the buses being shared with 4 other resorts. Thanks!

Many trips to the Happy Place...over 25!!! I love DVC!! A surprise trip in May!

mellvswdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #298
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzarella View Post
don't look at accuweather today!! We leave on the 23rd and we are hoping for sunny 60s vs rainy 70s. Last year we were spoiled with 80s the entire time, but years before we saw mostly 60s. The weather changes daily and I've yet to pack as it's difficult this time of year. Remember if it's sunny 60s, it will be cold when the sun goes down. Hat & Gloves are a must for my January trips.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #299
balatonbabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
You can try Budget as well using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon mupz044 for $40 off. Total I get is $255 inc taxes after e-coupon is applied when return minivan.
Alamo is still better at $250 including tax. Budget is over $300 using these codes - thanks for the info though. I'll keep checking and hope to get an even better rate yet.

Me: DH DD(16) DD(19)

balatonbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #300
bonzarella
DIS Veteran

mellvswdw1- Hi Hoosier neighbor. You may be in luck for future trips, I've heard Ft.Wayne is getting a Costco
4/08 Star Island [12/07 Xmas @ Ft. W cabins 11/07 at Bonnet Creek 10/07 at Silver Lakes F&W&W&W&W 9/07 Bouncedback w/FDP @Pop at Bonnet Creek 6/07 Bonnet Creek OKW-offsite 3/07 Proud Parents of AKV 2/07 OKW-Pirate & Princess Party 11/06-OKW-MVMCP with KB! 9/06-Pop Century/FDP/Bonnet Creek 3/06-OKW-Spring Break10/05-OKW/MNSSHP 7/05-OKW/Vero Beach/OKW 3/05-Regal Palm 10/04-DVC MEMBERS
7/04-Fort Wilderness Cabins-1st Family trip

[
bonzarella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: