Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Need a new EPCOT restaurant...

I am not one to try new things, but I'm going to force myself to do this. We have eaten at Biergarten (one of my favorites), Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, and soon Via Napoli.

I'd like to hear opinions on some of the other EPCOT restaurants. The only foods I don't eat include seafood.

Thank you!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at Le Chefs last November and it was a decent experience. I'm glad we tried it one time, but don't really know if I would include that one again. I ate from the price fixe menu--a soup, roasted chicken and veggies and a great creme brulee. It did feel somewhat rushed though.
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
LazyDaisy
Mouseketeer

Well, SAI is one of my favs, and Biergarten has a cool atmosphere, so you got those two.

I actually like the Rose and Crown. It's got a bit of a mellow vibe to it I think.

I would not recommend the Chinese place. Its decor is very pretty but the food is so-so, and I think overpriced. (Even for Disney.)

And if you can get into Le Cellier for lunch, I would definitely do it.

Honestly I think one of the funnest experiences you can have at Epcot is to wander from counter service to counter service and try various pastries and dishes. (This is the case whether or not the Food and Wine festival is going on.) I love the pastries at France and also am dying to try to the ones at Norway. Germany seems to be a popular place as well.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

La Hacienda de San Angel, hands down.

Other good options would be Le Cellier (if you can get it) or Rose & Crown.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

we really enjoy teppan edo. the meat is very tender and (depending on the chef) the show is pretty good. good luck!
*10/11-20/14 - Disneyland*

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier Lunch is our families must do every trip!
Tutto, really enjoyed our meal here.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
MichVick
Mouseketeer

My favourite Epcot restaurant is Garden Grill
Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
leyeball
Mouseketeer

Are you traveling with children? The Garden Grill is a fun place. The food is good (served family-style) and you get lots of interaction with the characters. We also really like Le Cellier! It's probably our favorite restaurant in Epcot. On the DDP, it's 2 TS credits for dinner and 1 TS credit for lunch.

The one place that we will never return to in Epcot is Restaurant Marrakesh. We found the food and atmosphere to be very boring. We do, however, love the counter service spot in the Morocco Pavilion! It's called Tangerine Cafe.
leyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
dmurch1
Earning My Ears

My wife and I were not big fans of Via Napoli. The food was cold and the service pretty poor when we went earlier this year.

Le Cellier is excellent!

We also enjoy Teppan Edo for the experience. The food is good, but we have found the portions to be a bit small and perhaps a bit overpriced (but then again, I think you are also paying towards the entertainment a bit).

We'd recommend you try either of those!
01/2007: Port Orleans Riverside -- P&PP 1/24/07
09/2007: Port Orleans Riverside (Free Dining) -- NOJ 9/8/07 -- MNSSHP 9/14/07
01/2008: All Star Movies -- P&PP 1/21/08
11/2008: Port Orleans Riverside (Free Dining) -- MVMCP 11/16/08
01/2009: Pop Century
09/2009: Pop Century (Free Dining) -- MNSSHP 9/22/09
05/2010: Pop Century (Free Dining) and then The Dolphin -- Star Wars Weekend 5/30/10
01/2012: Pop Century (Free Dining)
dmurch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
camsdad
Earning My Ears

Le Cellier for lunch, it's only one credit at lunch. Amazing meal and atmosphere.
camsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
staceycrouton
Mouseketeer

Some that we like that you haven't tried: Agree with PP about the Le Cellier lunch! We also like Les Chefs de France and Teppan Edo! These are all restaurants that we have really enjoyed! You should look at the menus to see what Epcot restaurants really appeal to your taste buds, this might help you make your decision.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
havoc315
DIS Veteran

I'll be the contrarian... Le Cellier is "eh." It's a mediocre steakhouse experience, similar in quality to Outback.

Chefs De France -- I went in with low expectations, but I was overall impressed with the quality. While not exactly a gourmet fine dining French experience, it was fairly good French bistro food. Better than I expected.

You have Via Napoli coming up... Their pizzas may be among the best food at Epcot. In many ways, the most "authentic."

Trying Restaurant Marakesh and Tutto Italia in a couple weeks... Not quite sure what to expect.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post
I'll be the contrarian... Le Cellier is "eh." It's a mediocre steakhouse experience, similar in quality to Outback.

Chefs De France -- I went in with low expectations, but I was overall impressed with the quality. While not exactly a gourmet fine dining French experience, it was fairly good French bistro food. Better than I expected.

You have Via Napoli coming up... Their pizzas may be among the best food at Epcot. In many ways, the most "authentic."

Trying Restaurant Marakesh and Tutto Italia in a couple weeks... Not quite sure what to expect.
That's because it's Bistro de Paris that's the gourmet restaurant, and Chefs is more casual bistro food (ironic, I know).
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
gwmort
DIS Veteran

I really liked the restaurant in Morocco. I put off going there for years because I am not very adventurous when it comes to food, but finally decided I needed to just do it.

It was much nicer inside than I expected with good food that wasn't too exotic for me, and there was live entertainment as well. It felt like an adventure for me and I enjoyed it.

My kids love Teppan Edo, its one they clamor for when discussing going back.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post

I agree with this re: Le Cellier. I certainly wasnt impressed with the steak quality. Tasteless and fatty. The soup wasnt that good either. i'd try Chefs/France, Tutto, Via, or Teppan Edo.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epcot, restaurant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: