Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Sounds like a good alternative! From memory, you're only in Washington for 1 day right? Best to save Washington for another time when you can allocated more days and enjoy all of it.
Should I ask the kids or surprise them
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

So after all that i ask DS11 if he would like the Disney cruise or 12 days at WDW telling him he has to pick 1 of the water parks if we do the cruise his response is can we leave things the way they are i really want to do both water parks and spend all the time we are at WDW and he doesn't want to not go to Washington even though we only have 1 day there, he says i know we will do a Disney cruise another time Mum
So things are staying the way they are and i am trying not to feel dissapointed but am very happy that he doesn't feel he is missing out especially since it was what he asked for for Christmas and if we went there for 7 days after the cruised it would be rushed trying to do everything because we would only have 4 days for WDW.
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland

Last edited by WAMUMOF4; 07-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #18
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,793

Ok - now stop looking at those websites! . You are going to have an awesome holiday with or without a cruise!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,229

Glad that it is all sorted, and will probably work out for the best anyway as you have put so much thought and planning into it. It is ok to feel disappointed, just try to remember that there will definitely be a next time!

I second battymum! Don't look anymore!!!!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #20
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Cruise next time

and......you can now start planning the next trip with the 7 day cruise

I always start fiddling witih my trip about 2 months out.....what is it, we just cant seem to help ourselves

ok, i'm off to check out my dining resi's.....i think I have forgotten some
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #21
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran
 
Ms. Shuttergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,041

Yep definitely okay to feel disappointed but you know how to get over the disappointment right. Sit down at look at the websites for all of the wonderful hotels you have chosen, at all of the wonderful cities you will visit, all of the wonderful stupendous stuff you will experience at WDW and I am certain the disappointment will fade.

Woohoo you are going on an awesome holiday.
__________________


Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Ok - now stop looking at those websites! . You are going to have an awesome holiday with or without a cruise!
I know but you know when your just yearning for something i guess thats how i feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Glad that it is all sorted, and will probably work out for the best anyway as you have put so much thought and planning into it. It is ok to feel disappointed, just try to remember that there will definitely be a next time!

I second battymum! Don't look anymore!!!!
I hope so though DH is saying we are not traveling back to the USA till our 2015 cruise is paid for so i guess he has changed his mind about a white Christmas next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
and......you can now start planning the next trip with the 7 day cruise

I always start fiddling witih my trip about 2 months out.....what is it, we just cant seem to help ourselves

ok, i'm off to check out my dining resi's.....i think I have forgotten some
My next trip is to NZ wont be able to do a Disney cruise there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Yep definitely okay to feel disappointed but you know how to get over the disappointment right. Sit down at look at the websites for all of the wonderful hotels you have chosen, at all of the wonderful cities you will visit, all of the wonderful stupendous stuff you will experience at WDW and I am certain the disappointment will fade.

Woohoo you are going on an awesome holiday.
you are so right I know we have an amazing trip and i will just have to keep reminding myself how lucky we are to do DL and WDW in the same trip
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

It's official we are booked and paid on a Disney cruise We decided tonight we talked about it with the kids and decided we would just go for it as long as WDW would let us change our package which they did. We are booked on the 5 night Canada/New England cruise. And that peoples will be my last change for this trip
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Minniemum
DIS Veteran
 
Minniemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4
It's official we are booked and paid on a Disney cruise We decided tonight we talked about it with the kids and decided we would just go for it as long as WDW would let us change our package which they did. We are booked on the 5 night Canada/New England cruise. And that peoples will be my last change for this trip
Reading through this thread (and others) it seemed that you really had your heart set on a cruise. I feel we often put our DH's and DK's preferences and needs ahead of our own. I'm rapt that you spoke through it with your family and that you've been able to make it happen. May you have the most wonderful cruise.
__________________
DH Me DD (12) DS (9)

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH
DLP - 9/98
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
It's official we are booked and paid on a Disney cruise We decided tonight we talked about it with the kids and decided we would just go for it as long as WDW would let us change our package which they did. We are booked on the 5 night Canada/New England cruise. And that peoples will be my last change for this trip
hey..thats awesome, although i was getting dizzy with all the tooing and frooing....

man, are you going to love it.....what cat. did you finally book?? Make sure you see the shows, especially toy story if its on.....oh and the movies in the theatre, and dont miss any of the theme nights in the dining room.....now what are you doing for formal night???
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Reading through this thread (and others) it seemed that you really had your heart set on a cruise. I feel we often put our DH's and DK's preferences and needs ahead of our own. I'm rapt that you spoke through it with your family and that you've been able to make it happen. May you have the most wonderful cruise.
after having a conversation with DS15 and realising he really wanted to do one as well i asked DH to have a look at the 2 cruises and make up his mind he said the same as me if we cant do Alaska then we will do Canada everyone is so excited now its booked i think because they had found out we had booked one and cancelled they didn't want to get there hopes up now they are busting to know whats on board for them to do.
I don't want to sound ungrateful as i know we have a great trip but i just felt like something was missing and didn't want to regret later on not doing a cruise
Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
hey..thats awesome, although i was getting dizzy with all the tooing and frooing....

man, are you going to love it.....what cat. did you finally book?? Make sure you see the shows, especially toy story if its on.....oh and the movies in the theatre, and dont miss any of the theme nights in the dining room.....now what are you doing for formal night???
you were not the only one the first cruise i booked was on the Magic and that's where we ended up different itinerary but same ship

I booked 2 VGT rooms i had to put 3 people in each it wouldn't let me do 2 and 4 at the VGT rate I am now praying we get a connecting cabin otherwise DH will be in 1 and i will be in the other
Will there be a formal night on a 5 night cruise?
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #27
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran
 
Travel Mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,379

WAMUMO4, I am very happy for you but I can't imagine how you can do all this so close to departure date and not be stressed to the max?!! I'd be beside myself with stress so you must be a very calm person
__________________
************************************************** *************************
Walt Disney World - Sep/Oct 2011 our first WDW trip (POR) plus our Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!
 
dabecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 694

I'm glad you organised it, it was so important to you and I really think you would have regretted it if you didn't.

I hope you fill us in because this is a cruise I would love to do - I adore anything Canadian and New England is on my wish list!

Have a great time!
__________________


Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
WAMUMO4, I am very happy for you but I can't imagine how you can do all this so close to departure date and not be stressed to the max?!! I'd be beside myself with stress so you must be a very calm person
i have had so many sleepless nights this last few months i think exhaustion is keeping me calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
I'm glad you organised it, it was so important to you and I really think you would have regretted it if you didn't.

I hope you fill us in because this is a cruise I would love to do - I adore anything Canadian and New England is on my wish list!

Have a great time!
Thanks and i think you are right as soon as i realised we could financially do this i would of completely given up WDW altogether except for the fact that we had already got our Rock the Universe and Halloween party tickets and we cant wait for them I will let you know how we find the cruise i loved the itinerary on this one when i first saw it but i didn't like the price i am so glad they released the VGT rates it's an area we just never would of got to other wise
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #30
Tara2004
Mouseketeer
 
Tara2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 437

NO WAY
__________________

2001 WDW ( POP century )
2013 WDW ( Boardwalk, AKL ) Disneyland Anaheim
2014 Oct, Disneyland Anaheim in the planning
Tara2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.