Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #91
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
We went for a drive today to test out Dh's new dashboard mounted video camera - he has a plan to record every second of the 7,500 Km we will drive on this trip. I havent the heart to tell him that nobody in their right mind will sit down to watch THAT holiday video

Also dropped into our nearest Snowgum store for a little travel shopping. Shuttergirl, ( if you're reading this) the Eagle Creek packing range now come in a special lightweight fabric ( called Spectre) I bought a new folder to add to my collection

I STILL have to buy my travel insurance though...

Andona
that would be one painful slide night/ weekend...

In 31 sleeps I'll be getting ready to go to the airport to then board ANZ & stuff myself with NZ chardy and dairy free cheese

@ 9.41 am, I'll be cleaning bathrooms, letting DH sleep....do you think I should mow the lawn that morning as well????

oh, the list is getting bigger

does anyone contact the local police to let them know you are away??? should I do that???
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #92
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
that would be one painful slide night/ weekend...

In 31 sleeps I'll be getting ready to go to the airport to then board ANZ & stuff myself with NZ chardy and dairy free cheese

@ 9.41 am, I'll be cleaning bathrooms, letting DH sleep....do you think I should mow the lawn that morning as well????

oh, the list is getting bigger

does anyone contact the local police to let them know you are away??? should I do that???
Are you excited yet??

We have a house sitter this time, don't need to accommodate the animals

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #93
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Are you excited yet??

We have a house sitter this time, don't need to accommodate the animals
getting there

minnie moo is going to her nanna's.....so we only have the 6 "guests"....hopefully they will clean at least once during the 4 weeks

I think the DH will walk in the house first and have a look before I get in...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #94
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Our DD will be enjoying having the house to herself while we're away. She is a not a tidy person ( her bedroom gives me nightmares ) but I have her pretty well trained to do a cleanup before we get back from our trips. It won't be as tidy as I'll leave it but it won't be a disaster area ( I hope!)

I finally bought my travel insurance tonight

Also bought a new crossbody travel handbag for the trip - it's got lots of lovely pockets

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #95
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Our DD will be enjoying having the house to herself while we're away. She is a not a tidy person ( her bedroom gives me nightmares ) but I have her pretty well trained to do a cleanup before we get back from our trips. It won't be as tidy as I'll leave it but it won't be a disaster area ( I hope!)

I finally bought my travel insurance tonight

Also bought a new crossbody travel handbag for the trip - it's got lots of lovely pockets

Andona
yep, i have nightmares about the state of my place after a month of "mum the maid" being away

oh well, as DH says "we have insurance"

yahhhhhh for the travel insurance...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #96
robynrainer
Earning My Ears

17 days to go. I need more. There is so much thinking to do and not enough days.
robynrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #97
meandmygirl
Mouseketeer

29 sleeps to go!

I had a dream last night when we went to get our disney passes, I had left the printed eticket at home. Wonder how many more of these dreams I will have over the next 4 weeks.

meandmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #98
becpee
I see sock puppets

25 days here, nearly in the home straight!

I'd better do someo stuff

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #99
australiankaren

27 sleeps now...so much to do, so little time
Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #100
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

We have 10 sleeps to go. Very excited but getting nervous that i have forgotten something as well!

We have not received our disney cruise docs and the travel agent said this has happened before and the only thing we need is our luggage tags that we can get at the cruise terminal - i hope that is correct??

Also still need to book Universal Studios and Legoland tickets - unsure whether to do this here or once we get there....
BobbyRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #101
robynrainer
Earning My Ears

Booking legoland- use the Pepsimax code on mouses avers to get the one child free with every adult. It runs thru to 30 September.

We have been thinking about it but I need to make a decision btw universal and legoland.
robynrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #102
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

The last two times we didn't receive cruise docs and just rolled up at the port. All sweet!

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #103
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynrainer View Post
Booking legoland- use the Pepsimax code on mouses avers to get the one child free with every adult. It runs thru to 30 September.

We have been thinking about it but I need to make a decision btw universal and legoland.
Thanks so much for that tip. Will definitely be doing that. How old are your kids? My nephew loved legoland when we went in San Diego when he was 3. He is 5 now but talks more about legoland than disneyland . He apparently liked the interactive rides and shows....he is insistent we go back!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #104
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarucci View Post
The last two times we didn't receive cruise docs and just rolled up at the port. All sweet!
Great thank you this makes me feel better!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #105
australiankaren

port docs

just make sure you print off the document you have to sign and hand in, i think its the credit card one etc......we had to do that both on DCL and RCCL...

also, at check in, look for the alien line (non usa) its a hell of a lot quicker

Easy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: