Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

US Domestic Connection Questions

We're landing in LAX before connecting to an NYC flight with Delta. Both international and domestic flights are on the same Delta ticket. Does anyone know if food and video on demand are included on our connecting flight because it was bought as part of our international airfare? Or would we have to pay this separately?

I ask because I thought I'd sleep through most of the international leg and stay awake during the domestic leg to get my body clock in order. Therefore it'd be worthwhile having something to watch during the time I'm awake to NYC.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Luisa
Mouseketeer

I'm doing Virgin/Delta code share Melbourne to New York - my ticket shows the LA to NY sector on Delta as 'food to buy' so in guessing your flight would be the same.
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
We're landing in LAX before connecting to an NYC flight with Delta. Both international and domestic flights are on the same Delta ticket. Does anyone know if food and video on demand are included on our connecting flight because it was bought as part of our international airfare? Or would we have to pay this separately?

I ask because I thought I'd sleep through most of the international leg and stay awake during the domestic leg to get my body clock in order. Therefore it'd be worthwhile having something to watch during the time I'm awake to NYC.
unless you have purchased Delta first class seats, I would be surprised if the food is free. I have flown with both Delta and AA on full international fares, flying economy on the domestic route and have always had to buy my food. Last year, I was surprised with how the majority of passengers whipped out their tablets/ipads/laptops and watched their own TV shows/movies. the Americans were ready for the flight!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Yep, I am thinking no free food on domestics. We have two international and 6 domestics when we go and food is only free on the internationals, pretty sure entertainment is only free on internationals as well. Sucks though. We have also found for majority of our domestics we have to pay for our baggage, $100 each time we fly (for 4 bags) so $25 per bag.

JessNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Royal Consort

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessNewbs View Post
We have also found for majority of our domestics we have to pay for our baggage, $100 each time we fly (for 4 bags) so $25 per bag.
Even when they're part of the international ticket?

EDIT:
It's ok, I think we're covered for baggage on the international itinerary/connection:
Quote:
If all flights are on the same itinerary, international fees and rules apply to passengers traveling internationally with a connection or stopover the U.S.

If an international passenger travels to the U.S. and continues their travel within the U.S. on a separate ticket, domestic rules apply.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

We flew Delta Syd to Lax to Mco 2 weeks ago. Lax to Mco was bought separately but added to the international ticket so an all in international ticket, so Flight Centre said. We were told that we may have to pay for luggage Lax to Mco from TA but at check-in in Aus. the Delta person said no.

Happily, there was no charge for luggage.

Only complimentary soft drink, tea and coffee on the domestic flight. No entertainment unless you pay for it.

We acessed the Delta Sky Club in Lax and had a shower. We arriving at the club, you need to book a shower. Towels, toiletries and a clean and spacious shower were provided.

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

We are flying Hawaiian airlines and Delta, the flights on the international ticket are free baggage but the other domestics are the ones that cost. I am still going to try to get away with it by saying we are international travellers but don't like our chances!

Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Did you pay to join the sky club? How much and was it worth the cost?

Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #9
Royal Consort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarucci View Post
We flew Delta Syd to Lax to Mco 2 weeks ago. Lax to Mco was bought separately but added to the international ticket so an all in international ticket, so Flight Centre said. We were told that we may have to pay for luggage Lax to Mco from TA but at check-in in Aus. the Delta person said no.

Happily, there was no charge for luggage.

Only complimentary soft drink, tea and coffee on the domestic flight. No entertainment unless you pay for it.

We acessed the Delta Sky Club in Lax and had a shower. We arriving at the club, you need to book a shower. Towels, toiletries and a clean and spacious shower were provided.
Thanks Kangarucci. I'll just pay for the video methinks then.. or take a book. Does anyone read these anymore or is it all e-readers? I remember back in the day when things had covers.... 2 years ago.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort

Thanks Kangarucci. I'll just pay for the video methinks then.. or take a book. Does anyone read these anymore or is it all e-readers? I remember back in the day when things had covers.... 2 years ago.
I took my kindle which was fabulous. Many books for one tiny little device. I love a real book but since i am an avid reader i like to minimise my luggage with the kindle.

My sis took multiple books and complained of how much room they took up and the extra weight. She ended up leaving a few behind in hotels and leaving behind on planes for the next passengers etc

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Royal Consort

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
I took my kindle which was fabulous. Many books for one tiny little device. I love a real book but since i am an avid reader i like to minimise my luggage with the kindle.

My sis took multiple books and complained of how much room they took up and the extra weight. She ended up leaving a few behind in hotels and leaving behind on planes for the next passengers etc
They're very convenient. I like the idea of them. Maybe they should make kindles that give off a faint scent of paper and ink.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
They're very convenient. I like the idea of them. Maybe they should make kindles that give off a faint scent of paper and ink.
lol. wouldn't that be nice

i love my kindle as the page background is the same colour as a regular page in a book. they are not backlit, so it is exactly the same visual as reading off a page in a book, and you get much less eye strain/fatigue than if reading off an ipod/ipad or other tablet device. that for me was one of the biggest selling points (and the reason i actually enjoy using it) as i do tend to suffer from eye strain if reading off a backlit tablet device or computer screen for a long time, which often lead to migraines for me. with my kindle, i don't have to worry about it

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

Delta Sky Club's 30 day membership is $90USD for yourself, partner and children under 18. You don't have to be flying Delta to acess the club.

Good place to get away. Includes- tea/coffee, soft drinks, self serve alcohol, showers, yoghurt, bagels, cereal, internet acess. Don't know about arvo but maybe carrot sticks, pretzels....

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: