Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
JenniferC
Earning My Ears

Dining Plan with Passholder

Im hoping you guys can help answer this one. I am an annual passholder, am I eligible for the free dining plan? Not sure how that works.
JenniferC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferC View Post
Im hoping you guys can help answer this one. I am an annual passholder, am I eligible for the free dining plan? Not sure how that works.
The "free dining plan" requires a minimum 2 day park ticket for every person in the room ages 3 and up.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
JenniferC
Earning My Ears

Okay. Thanks.
JenniferC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes you can..you lose your room discount and if have AP have to buy a two day base ticket for each person getting the free dining. if you stay in a value you get QS and can upgrade to the MYWD and get one TS a day. if your in a moderate or deluxe will get the one TS and One QS...we had AP for years and gave it up as discounts not any better than any others on the boards. now we just do the packages with tickets and take discount when can or if they offer FD we take that as only one discount at a time.. free dining started today if you have visa rewards card and for the public Thursday.. .hope this helps
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
The short answer is 'yes'. There's nothing to stop you or anyone else from booking a free dining package. You just have to adhere to the rules as set forth by Disney (minimum length of stay, minimum ticket purchase, full rack rate for the room).

The long answer is more complex. It may be cheaper for your family for you to book the package and then use your APs on this trip. Then set the 2-day tickets aside for another time, perhaps to use towards an AP next year. Or it could be more affordable to just get the AP room discount and pay for the dining plan (which AP holders can usually do). Or maybe even rent DVC points from an owner and purchase the dining plan that way.

It's kind of hard to determine which would be the most affordable way to do it without knowing your family's make up (# of people, ages, etc.) and what level of resort you would want to stay at. You would have to add all the numbers for the various types of trips and do your own comparison.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
budafam
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hijack but would you be able to combine 2 "2 day" tickets? I have an AP so I will be purchasing a 2 day ticket to use at a later date but most likely I will travel at the same time next year and have to purchase the 2 day ticket again. Can I combine these somehow next year? Not sure if that would be beneficial or not
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
Sorry to hijack but would you be able to combine 2 "2 day" tickets? I have an AP so I will be purchasing a 2 day ticket to use at a later date but most likely I will travel at the same time next year and have to purchase the 2 day ticket again. Can I combine these somehow next year? Not sure if that would be beneficial or not

Depends on what you mean by "combine". You could use one 2 day pass for your first 2 days in the park and then use the second for the next 2 days (not the most cost effective but you could do it.) but you cannot use both 2 day tickets as a base to upgrade to one annual pass when you use them.
GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
budafam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
Depends on what you mean by "combine". You could use one 2 day pass for your first 2 days in the park and then use the second for the next 2 days (not the most cost effective but you could do it.) but you cannot use both 2 day tickets as a base to upgrade to one annual pass when you use them.
Thanks! Yes, not the most cost effective but may be the only option I guess.
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
No. By definition an upgrade is taking one ticket and adding cash (or similar) and ending up with one ticket with more entitlements. You cannot combine two tickets to get one ticket with more features.*

An upgrade is adding days or options to a MYW ticket, or converting it to some level of annual pass, or taking some level of annual pass and converting it to a higher level of annual pass.

* The only exceptions to this rule is at the water parks (or DQ) where you can combine a one day water park (or DQ) ticket with a base or hopping MYW ticket and a payment to end up with a MYW ticket with the WPF&M option or any level of AP to a PAP. Your payment will be the difference in price between the one day water park (or DQ) ticket and the cost of the WPF&M option (or AP upgrade) plus tax on the difference.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

Okay, I have the same question pretty much and am having trouble comprehending what I would actually pay

I have a 2 Day MYW pass sitting on a KTTW card here at home. We got them when we had AP and did Free Dining. When we go next January, I am debating to do a special offer if they have them in regards to dining, or a room only and upgrading these tickets.

Can I use this 2 Day MYW pass to upgrade to a 7 day pass? And if so, what am I actually paying? Will they split the days and only let me use one and give me a paper copy of the other day?

If I can only use one day, would I just deduct the one day rate ($94ish) from the 7 day pass?

Or am I allowed to use it as a 2 day pass and deduct the 2 day rate ($180ish) from the 7 day pass?

I am so sorry that I just don't get this . . . I just want to find the most cost effective way to convince my husband that this trip is a fabulous idea
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieB View Post
Okay, I have the same question pretty much and am having trouble comprehending what I would actually pay

I have a 2 Day MYW pass sitting on a KTTW card here at home. We got them when we had AP and did Free Dining. When we go next January, I am debating to do a special offer if they have them in regards to dining, or a room only and upgrading these tickets.

Can I use this 2 Day MYW pass to upgrade to a 7 day pass? And if so, what am I actually paying? Will they split the days and only let me use one and give me a paper copy of the other day?

If I can only use one day, would I just deduct the one day rate ($94ish) from the 7 day pass?

Or am I allowed to use it as a 2 day pass and deduct the 2 day rate ($180ish) from the 7 day pass?

I am so sorry that I just don't get this . . . I just want to find the most cost effective way to convince my husband that this trip is a fabulous idea
There's no way to tell what you would have to pay to upgrade those tickets because Disney will most likely have at least one ticket price increase between now and when you expect to go. In fact, there's a rumor that a price increase is coming in April.

When Disney rolls out their new RFID bracelets, they could also re-do their ticket structure as well. The last time that they did this, the older tickets could no longer be upgraded.

If nothing changes, then the process for upgrading would be the same as outlined in the Ticket Sticky on the TPAS forum. Both days on the pass would be used for the upgrade. Read about using your ticket first before doing the upgrade. You will get the value of the current gate price of the 2-day pass applied toward the purchase of your upgrade.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: