Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #91
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an ideal journey
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #92
cornish pixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
THat will be our last full day, we fly home on the 11th.

Do I have to come home?

Already sat in hotel room, unpacked and had a coffee.
Got here in record time. Took off from MAN a few mins late, arrived in Orlando at 3:15pm, as we pulled upto the gate we saw the VA 747 touching down from Gatwick, not a BA plane in sight, looked good for immigration. being in PE (which was excellent this time) we were one of 1st off, into an empty immigration hall. Staff just starting to arrive and open desks. The immigration officer we got couldn't track my ESTA (or Matt's) thankfully I had printed them, I highly recommend this, saved us a lot of hassle. Got chatting to him, complaining about computers etc so he just waved us thru, no fingerprinting, no eye scans. He asked why we had ticked food, I told him candy, he said next time don't bother, its only for fruit, meat etc.
Over to collect luggage which arrived as soon as we got there, over to hand in our form, at this point I said we had ticked food as we had candy but been told we had no need to, she said its best you do, they could fine upto $300 for undeclared food. Quick scan of bags and out.
First to Alamo desk, I had done their Timesaver but as the desks were empty I went there. Tried a bit of hardsell but refused everything and got a black 7 seater Ford Expedition.
On our way to hotel within 40 mins of touchdown.
Checked into hotel (Fairfield Inn LBV) Rafael on desk who is always here in room by 5pm.

Great, its now thundering

Matts blog, he will be posting tonight, he prepared most of it on the plane(he types about 10 times faster than me so probably more detail) http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/
Glad you all arrived safely and are settled into your room . Im excited for you all as I know how excited we get after all those months of saving and finally you are there .
Anyway have a fab time Hope Matt enjoys his 18th and you never know we might bump into you but I believe we arrive at OKW the day you leave but we will keep a look out as we are in Florida from the 5th spending a bit of time at Universal. Have Fun
Cornish Pixie aka Tracey

May 2014 Disney Magic Med Cruise September 2014 WBTA cruise
July 2013 Saratoga Springs
August 2012 Miami, RPR, OKW, 5 Day Disney Dream Cruise, Miami. August 2011 Med Cruise, 3 days in Barcelona. February 2010 RCL Freedom of the Seas, Villa,4 day Disney Wonder Cruise. December 2008/January 2009 Villa, RPR. August 2007 Clearwater,RPR,Villa,POR, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise.May 2005 Ron Jons Cape Caribe Resort, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise, Villa, RPR. May 2003 Villa,RPR.
February 2002 Villa. February 1995 Quality Inn International
cornish pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #93
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Glad you have all arrived safely.
Great that you got through immigration so easily.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #94
irenep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post

Do I have to come home?

Got here in record time. Took off from MAN a few mins late, arrived in Orlando at 3:15pm, as we pulled upto the gate we saw the VA 747 touching down from Gatwick, not a BA plane in sight, looked good for immigration. being in PE (which was excellent this time) we were one of 1st off, into an empty immigration hall. Staff just starting to arrive and open desks. The immigration officer we got couldn't track my ESTA (or Matt's) thankfully I had printed them, I highly recommend this, saved us a lot of hassle. Got chatting to him, complaining about computers etc so he just waved us thru, no fingerprinting, no eye scans. He asked why we had ticked food, I told him candy, he said next time don't bother, its only for fruit, meat etc.
Over to collect luggage which arrived as soon as we got there, over to hand in our form, at this point I said we had ticked food as we had candy but been told we had no need to, she said its best you do, they could fine upto $300 for undeclared food. Quick scan of bags and out.
First to Alamo desk, I had done their Timesaver but as the desks were empty I went there. Tried a bit of hardsell but refused everything and got a black 7 seater Ford Expedition.
Checked into hotel (Fairfield Inn LBV) Rafael on desk who is always here in room by 5pm.

Matts blog, he will be posting tonight, he prepared most of it on the plane(he types about 10 times faster than me so probably more detail) http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/
Well, you couldn't have asked for a better start really (barring the thunder)
Hope the rest of your trip goes just as smoothly
Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #95
Goofy Gaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy Gaz

Have a fab trip.

May bump into you as we are at OKW from the 10th.

Happy birthday to Matt.

Gaz

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilma-bride

have a great trip Wayne and fmily. Deb and I will hold the fort here while you're gone - just make sure you come back so I can go

Do I have to come home?

We will be arriving late afternoon from RPR. Checking in and then popping out to get some 'refreshments' for the room. Will be interested to see where you are located as we will be doing on line check in and making a request for location. We prefer a quiet pool near the laundry and ice. Do you think Millers Road will fit the bill for us?

Enjoy!!

Gaz

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
FEB 1995: Quality Inn Int FEB 2001: Villa MAY 2003: Villa-Hilton Clearwater-RPR MAY 2005: Ron Jons-Disney Wonder-Villa-RPR AUG 2007: RPR-Villa-POR-Disney Wonder XMAS 2008: Villa-RPR FEB 2010: Freedom of the Seas-Villa-RPR-Disney Wonder

Goofy Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #96
Netty
A six foot palm from Wal-Mart would make a very festive Christmas tree
Especially if covered with FROG ornaments!

wow didn't realise you are already on your holiday!! enjoy your holiday, look forward to your daily reports
Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #97
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Happy that hear that you arrived safely. Sounds like you've had a great start to your vacation! Looking forward to more of your updates!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 AM   #98
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

WOOHOO, let the fun begin. Glad you gave the link to Matt's blog, as I can never find it myself, so just wait for the link and then play catch up. Great start to your hol, thanks to you both for sharing, I so love reading about your trips.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #99
queendisney
DIS Veteran

blimey nearly missed your thread going LIVE...
How fab was that journey and immigration then. Glad to know VA has improved. Our last trip to Vegas in October with then wasn't that pleasent at all Looking forward to all the updates..Have a great time.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #100
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like the perfect journey (if you can ever call being packed like sardines with 400 other people into a hollow tube 7 miles above the earth perfect ).

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #101
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Glad you got there safely and immigration wasn't too bad. Really enjoying Matts blog. Looking forward to more
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #102
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

glad you all arrived safely.I am replying on matts blog so sorry if I look ignorant but am reading what you are all up to
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #103
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Gaz View Post
We prefer a quiet pool near the laundry and ice. Do you think Millers Road will fit the bill for us?

Enjoy!!

Gaz
We have stayed on Millers rd last 2 years and will try get there again this year, we like the pool and being last stop out of the resort but we also liked block 55 at South point with water view. Don't think we really mind where we are just as long as its not a ground floor room, we prefer higher.

Karen went to sleep really early last night at 9:15(snoring by 9:16) expected her up early, myself and Matt stayed awake til 10:30 but it was me who had a restless night, Karen slept thru to a text message arriving at 6:23am.
A few pics from yesterday.
Meal & afternoon tea on plane, enjoyed both, salmon starter was delicious.

Our room at Fairfield Inn for 3 nights, really comfy bed and even better pillows.

Meals at Logans Roadhouse, ejnoyed previous visits but last night food was exceptional, really tasty, great service and a 20% discount they emailed me brought bill down to $44.05 plus $10 tip, included 3 sodas.

No way could I eat all this, pulled pork, ribs & chicken.

Getting ready for Universal Studios now, lunch at sweet tomatoes, Florida Mall to buy Matt's new iPad, possibly Seaworld this evening to see fireworks( try get reserved seating for AP holders)
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #104
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Have fun your trip report will help me get through 43 days until I am there
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #105
wen-tom
spit spot!

just joining in to enjoy the fun.. only 45 days until its my turn

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: