Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #76
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Yeah for booking PFTS!! I will be there a week earlier! I think you get Robert Irvine at yours though!!!!

I had to call for my reservations as they couldn't be booked online. Thankfully I had a good experience doing it!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #77
kdka421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I had actually posted in my own PTR about obscure or old classic Disney movies to watch and got a few great responses including...
Fantasia
The Sword in the Stone
Oliver & Company
The Rescuers
Mary Poppins
Thanks for your suggestions! Other than Sword in the Stone (which we just watched), we were planning to watch Fantasia soon, and I haven't seen any of the others recently either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yeah for booking PFTS!! I will be there a week earlier! I think you get Robert Irvine at yours though!!!!

I had to call for my reservations as they couldn't be booked online. Thankfully I had a good experience doing it!!
Yay! I am so excited for our first PFTS! Yes I do think Robert Irvine is going to be at ours -- I actually am not really familiar with who he is, until I started hearing everyone talk about him, haha; I've done a little research now. Pretty neat! The whole lineup for the event sounds great, but I think it's hard to go wrong no matter which day you're going to be there!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #78
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

jumping over from the FB group!

I'm married to a chef too- do you ever get to enjoy his food? people ask me that all the time - when he is actually home at night, the last thing he wants to do is cook LOL

we had a great CBR experience last trip. i have a few pics in my old TR in my siggie.

we also had a great experience at Flying Fish last trip. Amazing in both food and service. We would go back in a heartbeat.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #79
kdka421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
jumping over from the FB group!

I'm married to a chef too- do you ever get to enjoy his food? people ask me that all the time - when he is actually home at night, the last thing he wants to do is cook LOL

we had a great CBR experience last trip. i have a few pics in my old TR in my siggie.

we also had a great experience at Flying Fish last trip. Amazing in both food and service. We would go back in a heartbeat.
Hello! Thanks for joining in!

My hubby isn't actually a chef, he was a waiter at the restaurant where he was working at. However, that said - he is indeed a fabulous cook. He learned from his dad, and he is very talented, I'm always impressed at the way he can throw things together (whereas I have to follow a recipe to have a shot at it tasting right!) Those years he was working at the restaurant, he definitely didn't want to cook much. But right now he's back in school, getting his Masters Degree, so he's home all day, and does almost all of the cooking. I'm very blessed!

Thanks for pointing me to your old trip report, I've just started to skim through it. I'm glad you guys loved CBR. I do know we'll make the most of it if that's where we wind up, but I'm still going to keep checking to see if CSR opens up. I just know it seems to be more our style. I see you guys are staying at POR royal rooms! The first trip DH and I did together we stayed in POR, and we'd go there again in a heartbeat as well. Those royal rooms look beautiful!

Glad you guys loved Flying Fish too! I'm just SO excited for all our signature dinners. They all sound so wonderful. What ADRs are you most excited about this upcoming trip??
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #80
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Kate. NOt only would I keep checking for a different resort but I'd also just look for a general room reservation at CBR. The Pirate rooms are a ways from everything. In fact the only rooms I would try and stay away from, and this is just from the bus ride. They seem quite a ways out there! Hopefully something will come up for you!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #81
kdka421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kate. NOt only would I keep checking for a different resort but I'd also just look for a general room reservation at CBR. The Pirate rooms are a ways from everything. In fact the only rooms I would try and stay away from, and this is just from the bus ride. They seem quite a ways out there! Hopefully something will come up for you!
Actually, we already do have a standard room at CBR, we don't have a Pirate room. I agree, I think we wouldn't be happy with those either (I do see why some families with kids would think they're cool, but as 2 adults, the theming isn't important). So I'm glad we just have a standard room, and I have a few building locations I'd like to request.

But yup, I'll keep checking every day for CSR! We'll see what happens...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #82
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

It's awesome you got your F&W event

I hope you can get a room at the CSR too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a little If you are able to get a room there, we'd be at the same resort for all of 1 night It would still be kinda neat though
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #83
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Oh Good! I don't know why I thought you were in a Pirate Room!

What locations are you thinking? We were in Jamaica and really liked it there. WE just had to cross the bridge to get to Ol Port Royale (I think that is what the main area is called?) and we had really great bus service!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #84
kdka421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
It's awesome you got your F&W event

I hope you can get a room at the CSR too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a little If you are able to get a room there, we'd be at the same resort for all of 1 night It would still be kinda neat though
Thanks! That'd be fun I really kinda doubt that we will be able to switch, but it'll be awesome if we can. But even if we don't, I'm still quite happy with CBR.

Quote:
Oh Good! I don't know why I thought you were in a Pirate Room!

What locations are you thinking? We were in Jamaica and really liked it there. WE just had to cross the bridge to get to Ol Port Royale (I think that is what the main area is called?) and we had really great bus service!
I read some suggestions of Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, they are close to the bridge over to the main building. However, I'm really not THAT concerned about the walking. The fact that there are bus stops at each village is very convenient. We don't plan on eating at CBR, the only thing we'd want in the main building would be to refill our mugs.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #85
kdka421
DIS Veteran

[64 days to go!]

Ready for an exciting post? I'm here to finally talk about...Halloween!

I didn't want to post anything about our costumes until we had decided for sure! From the very beginning, my hubby knew almost instantly what he wanted to wear, but I wasn't so sure.

We first decided that we didn't need to coordinate costumes. That was an easy decision, since he knew what he wanted to be, and I knew there wasn't anything that really matched up with his costume.

My next thought was, since I am red-headed, that I should do one of Disney's red-headed characters. Now, there are a number of them, but I kept running into issues with each of them: Ariel (difficult to pull off "mermaid", I kept saying I'd prefer a character with 2 legs!), Merida from Brave (her outfits seem like huge, heavy dresses, not good for Florida heat), Jessica Rabbit (a bit too inappropriate, plus I don't have her figure!)...

Finally, I realized I probably wanted to be a Disney princess, so I thought about which one I liked, and then the answer was simple. So here it is:

Aaron is going as:

The Swedish Chef from the Muppets! Perfect for many reasons, since he loves to cook, loves the Muppets, and he can do a great impersonation!

And I am going as:

Belle! Beauty & the Beast was always my favorite, and I always related to Belle, I was also more reserved, always had my head in a book, etc.

For costumes, the Swedish Chef is pretty straightforward - he always wears the same basic thing. And there is a little bit of leeway because you mostly just see his upper half, so deciding what to wear for pants/shoes is basically up to us.

With Belle, I knew that I didn't want to do her fancy yellow ball dress, I am instead going to wear her blue/white casual outfit. And in an interesting turn of events (at least to me!), I think I am going to try to make the dress myself! I can sew a little - my grandmother taught me, and we made a few quilts and other sewing projects together - but I've NEVER sewn any item of clothes.

However - I think I can follow a pattern. And I've borrowed an idea that seems to be pretty straightforward.

Image credit: SplediferousShanty on Etsy

This is just a really simple blue halter dress. This individual appears to have sewn the "apron" into the dress, but I think to keep it even simpler I am going to make an all blue dress and just add a separate apron. I know that Belle's dress isn't exactly this style, but 1) I think it's more about the color of the dress, and 2) I think this style dress will be much better for the weather. Also, I plan to do a blue hair bow, and potentially carry a basket and/or book.

So that's my plan! I'll keep you updated. I hope to check out a fabric store sometime this week. Wish me luck!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #86
Fratthouse
Mouseketeer

Great PTR! Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned. And I love the costumes! Looks like you are going to have a great time!

I'm interested to hear your reviews on the three signature restaurants you are trying. We never get to go for "free dining", so I'm not sure if it would be worth it to pay OOP? Can't wait to hear what you think!

Grand Floridian 2009
Contemporary 2010
Poly 2012
Contemporary 2013 CL
Animal Kingdom Villas 2013
Off-site July 2014
Boardwalk CL Sept 2014
Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 2014
Fratthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #87
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Good luck on sewing your costume! I think we will go sans costumes... I actually think getting hubby to go to the party at all will be interesting!! I just really want to see Hallowishes, and the Parade!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #88
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Awesome costume ideas!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #89
kdka421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Great PTR! Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned. And I love the costumes! Looks like you are going to have a great time!

I'm interested to hear your reviews on the three signature restaurants you are trying. We never get to go for "free dining", so I'm not sure if it would be worth it to pay OOP? Can't wait to hear what you think!
Thank you very much, and welcome to my PTR! I'll definitely be doing a trip report, and that always has a heavy focus on the food, so I'll definitely let you know what we think of these signature restaurants. As I said in my PTR, DH and I both really love food; and my personal opinion is that the signatures are a huge step up from most of Disney's other restaurants. They definitely are a higher quality in terms of food and service, at least in our opinion.

Quote:
Good luck on sewing your costume! I think we will go sans costumes... I actually think getting hubby to go to the party at all will be interesting!! I just really want to see Hallowishes, and the Parade!!
Thanks! I think it's funny that my hubby knew his costume idea looooong before I did. I don't think he's quite as excited about MNSSHP as I am (he can't stop thinking about F&W), but he's still looking forward do it.

HalloWishes and the Parade are what I'm so excited about as well (And why I'm so scared of a rain-out! Aaaah...must stop thinking about that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Awesome costume ideas!
Thanks so much! At this point they "sound" great, but it'll be interesting to see how they finally "look", lol. I'm going to the fabric store on Thursday, I'll report back what I find!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #90
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Hi!! Following along. We are going end of sept and staying at cbr. We are also attending MNSSHP on sept 30th. Cant wait to read more of your plans!!

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: