Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
DeliriumDisney
Earning My Ears

Smile Food Drinks for the solo traveler at 22/23

This will be my first time going to Disney alone. I posted somewhere else about this but this looks like a better forum to post it on. I'm a big foodie and what-not. I was wondering what places has good but decently priced food and drink- specially something that wets my "interesting/ that's odd looks yummy/spicy food" appetite.

This will also be my first trip where I can lay back and have an alcoholic beverage - Disney style of course. Do the Hotels serve up something neat or fun to say the least? Or do you have to find a place at Downtown Disney for that?

I can't wait to go. My trip will be on the 12th to 15th MARCH 2013 near my Birthday .
DeliriumDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
ludari
DIS Veteran

You need to try Boma (flavors of Africa) inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. Boma's is a family friendly style buffet style resturant and this place is fabulous. I always try to make sure that I eat at this place each time I visit WDW.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
DeliriumDisney
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
You need to try Boma (flavors of Africa) inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. Boma's is a family friendly style buffet style resturant and this place is fabulous. I always try to make sure that I eat at this place each time I visit WDW.

Oh thanks! Cool I will put that on my itinerary thanks! Sounds cool.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

all the resorts have bars/lounges

even the value resorts have a pool bar - so you don't have to travel far for your drink.

ask what the special drink of that bar is - then decide if you want it or not.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

As a fellow foodie (and occasional lush ) who has solo'd a lot I would recommend:

Boma- As PP said it's an African-flavor themed buffet. It's fantastic for dinner and pretty good for breakfast, too, if you happen to be in the vicinity.

Sanaa- This restaurant is at Kidani Village at AKL, and has a much more Indian cast to the flavors. Very tasty.

Nibbling/snacking your way through World Showcase at Epcot. Most (all?) of the pavilions have a cs location from which to pick up something tasty. Don't miss Morocco.

Many of the bars in the deluxe resorts will also serve appetizers and small plates from their associated TS restaurants. It's a great way to get excellent food without fighting for an ADR.

Most of the hotel bars have at least one specialty drink (Tambu Lounge at Poly has many). They're usually on a page in the very front of the drink menu, but if it isn't there, just ask the bartender. I'm still trying to work my way through the various available specialty drinks, but I really enjoyed the Victoria Falls Mist at AKL, the Lapu Lapu (pineapple full of rum!) and Backscratcher at the Poly, and the Bay Lake Sunset at CR.

I don't usually drink at DTD a lot, save for a stop at Paradiso 37 for some sangria and a snack. It's just too easy, from there, to catch a boat up to POFQ for a hurricane and some beignets.

Hope that was helpful!

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo; Jan '15: 7 days AKV-Jambo
nightshaderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
DeliriumDisney
Earning My Ears

Talking

Thanks everyone for the replies! The Animal Kingdom lodge place sounds fantastic! and yeah I never really got to explore the food at world showcase either. I so can't wait to go!

Tags
drinks, food

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: