Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Nutbean
Mouseketeer

All-Star Movie Preferred vs Standard room sections

I've read that the preferred sections for the All-Star Movies resort are Fantasia, 101 Dalmations and Toy Story. If this is true, does that leave only Love Bug and Mighty Ducks as standard rooms for those who don't want to pay to upgrade to the preferred rooms or are there some standard rooms alloted to the Toy Story, Fantasia and 101 Dalmation sections that you could potentially request?

Truth be told, the only theme that really appeals to me is Toy Story but as I look at the map, the Mighty Ducks section (least favourite alongside Love Bug) does seem to have an advantage location wise as long as you use the All-Star Music main pool, food court and bus station. Almost as though it's a preferred room section without having to pay for it...?
Nutbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

We stayed at ASMo in 2009 in a preferred section (Fantasia). After physically getting there, we saw how close the other sections were. In our opinion, the standard rooms were not that far away. I would choose Mighty Ducks in a heartbeat. Just my opinion.

Have a good trip!
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

We walked the whole resort and did not find it too spread out. You could stay at Mighty Ducks and still be close to things at ASMo and ASMu. We stayed at Toy Story and were close to everything. I am sure there are some rooms that are hike from the main pool etc... But none that would have been deal breakers for me. We only paid preferred for the wow factor for my kids. They don't really know the other themes that well yet.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo.
Me: Marie (33), DH: Neil (41), DS: Jax (4), DD: Presley (3)
New DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom!
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

As I understand it yes, it's only Mighty Ducks and Love Bug as the standard sections. That's one reason we only stayed at Movies once those sections just don't appeal to us.

Oddly enough we did stay at Movies on our first trip - they gave us a free 'upgrade' to the Toy Story section. Being newbies and essentially clueless we spent some time trying to figure out how it was an upgrade. We were looking out over a few trees and the parking lot. It wasn't until we got home that I found out about the different sections and preferred vs standard - duh!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

My family stayed in the Mighty Ducks section back in '09. I really wanted the preferred Toy Story section, but it was sold out. Once we got there I realized that the buildings were very close to each other and the walk to the main building was not far at all.
I actually was glad we did not pay to upgrade because of how close we were to everything anyway

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: