Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01
I LOVE your colors and I also love the first dress that you have pictured. I too tried on the SW dress as my first wedding dress. I loved the dress in pictures and on the hanger, on me...not so much. The save the dates are adorable!

We are also having my dad officiate the wedding!

I love all of your ideas so far, it looks like everything is coming together well.
Im really excited to have my dad officiate. Its just something really neat that just adds another special touch to the whole ceremony.
Yes, everything is slowly but surely coming together now but if you would have asked me 2 months ago it would have been a completely different story lol
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Impromptu Disney Trip

Yesterday afternoon my parents, DF, and I met up to celebrate my dad's birthday at Dave & Buster's aka the Chuck E Cheese for grown-ups

Afterwards, Sean and I decided to drive to Downtown Disney. We just like walking around sometimes and I figured that I may find some things here or there to use for the wedding. It was a good 100 degrees out and I was starting to get really cranky (YES, heat and no drink = cranky shana). To get some shade, I walked into, what I call, the "rotunda of Disney pins". It's that open air area that holds hundreds of pins and lanyards and all that other good stuff. And there they were... Grape Soda bottle cap pins!

We bought 3 of them; one for DF and then 2 for the groomsmen to put on their suits on the big day! DF was especially excited because UP! is one of his favorite movies.

At the Vinylmation store we also found this:

We didn't buy it but I thought i may be a good idea instead of the more traditional guestbook. I have seen other brides use the blank mickey vinyls, but it's kinda neat to find a Lightning McQueen there now.

In unrelated Disney news:
We went to Goofy's Candy Co and found these delicious edibles

They are raspberry brownies. They also had these with mint and toffee. I didn't try it but DF loved it!

Lastly, we went to the Boardwalk and from there walked over to the Swan and looked at the venue again and where we would set up chairs, cake, etc. It's all stating to feel so real now.

I hope you all had a great weekend!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Hi Shana

I'm Laura. I'm excited to follow your PJ. I am doing a vow renewal for my 20th anniversary (it's four years away but I'm starting to plan it already )

I love your colors!

I also like the first dress.

I have been to Fulton's Crab house but it's been a long time. Very nice inside

Can't wait to hear and see more.

DisneyLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Thanks for sharing that site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
First off, has anyone done these or is planning on doing these?
I was considering sending these along with my save the dates. Reason being is that we have family and friends from all over and I really have no rough idea of how many people would actually show. So I figured by sending out a pre-rsvp, I may have a more clear idea. Also, this is to try an help us budget.

Here is something I found online that seemed to have a Disney theme
We were considering doing this. DF thinks we should have actual pre-rsvp cards but I'm not sure because I wouldn't want people to think it was a concrete RSVP but on the flip side, I don't want people to think "oh well if it's not set in stone, I'll think about it" and then forget to RSVP so what I'm thinking of doing right now is just sending out save the dates and then just calling people (with the help of DF) and ask people what they're thinking. If they know they can/can't, if they're trying to attend and at what point they'll know for sure.

Quote:
At the Vinylmation store we also found this:

We didn't buy it but I thought i may be a good idea instead of the more traditional guestbook. I have seen other brides use the blank mickey vinyls, but it's kinda neat to find a Lightning McQueen there now.
Wow! I never knew they had Lightning McQueen vinyls, that's awesome! Do you know how much it was? DF would LOVE that!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysStarTrader View Post
Thanks for sharing that site!

We were considering doing this. DF thinks we should have actual pre-rsvp cards but I'm not sure because I wouldn't want people to think it was a concrete RSVP but on the flip side, I don't want people to think "oh well if it's not set in stone, I'll think about it" and then forget to RSVP so what I'm thinking of doing right now is just sending out save the dates and then just calling people (with the help of DF) and ask people what they're thinking. If they know they can/can't, if they're trying to attend and at what point they'll know for sure.

Wow! I never knew they had Lightning McQueen vinyls, that's awesome! Do you know how much it was? DF would LOVE that!
I actually really like the idea of the pre-RSVP because I really have no idea how many people are actually even considering of coming to the wedding and any events sorrounding it. I was going to send out the save the date (now I am thinking as a magnet) and then just attach that preRSVP card for them to return within 6 to 8 weeks.

Yes, the Lightning McQueen was $39.99 or $39.95, whichever one. They must be fairly new, as I didnt see them a couple of months ago at the store.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Hi Shana

I'm Laura. I'm excited to follow your PJ. I am doing a vow renewal for my 20th anniversary (it's four years away but I'm starting to plan it already )

I love your colors!

I also like the first dress.

I have been to Fulton's Crab house but it's been a long time. Very nice inside

Can't wait to hear and see more.
Hi Laura! Thank you for following my planning journal.
In regards to your vow renewal, are you thinking Swan and Dolphin or maybe DFTW or something different? It's never too early to plan
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
BritKansas
Earning My Ears

Hi Shana,
I love the first dress & your save the dates! I like the Pre-RSVP idea, I'm also hoping to do this.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Mini-Update

Happy Sunday everyone!

Not that much has changed, but I just wanted to give you all a mini-update.

I think that we are pretty set on having our reception dinner at 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort.
1. It's a little more wallet-friendly than many of the other ideas that we had
2. love the family friendly atmosphere
3. the food is uh-mazing!

We were also going back an forth on the idea of some welcome celebration for everyone, but we then decided to not make that big of a deal about it and invite everyone out for breakfast, possibly at Boma (my fave), and then have everyone come to the park with us, either Epcot or the Magic Kingdom to then see the fireworks, as it would be July 4th. Going to the park is not mandatory, but I know most of the people attending will have park tickets anyway and it would be a fun and casual way to spend the day before the wedding.

We also decided what we wanted to do for our honeymoon. We will be going to Europe for 10 days in August, about a month after our extended wedding weekend. We definitely want to go to Paris, as we also want to go to Disneyland, and then either incorporate London for 2 days or Rome.

Lastly, we really want to go to Disneyland California, as neither of us have ever been. We were thinking of doing this for Thanksgiving this year, but I will need to do some number crunching for the wedding budget to see if we have some room to add that trip in before our wedding. I really hope so

That's all I have for tonight everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Tonyaandnate2013
Earning My Ears

I love all your ideas. I am also going to do a Swann wedding in November 2013. I have not started a journal yet but starting to think of my ideas my head. I can't wait to read more as time moves along.
Tonyaandnate2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #25
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
Hi Laura! Thank you for following my planning journal.
In regards to your vow renewal, are you thinking Swan and Dolphin or maybe DFTW or something different? It's never too early to plan
I think I'm going to do DFTW but a memories collection so it will be just me, DH and the kids. We went to Hawaii on your honeymoon and they offer a beach wedding at the Poly so I think that's where it will be. Just don't know any more than that. I have a lot of ideas but nothing set.

Quote:
Happy Sunday everyone!

Not that much has changed, but I just wanted to give you all a mini-update.

I think that we are pretty set on having our reception dinner at 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort.
1. It's a little more wallet-friendly than many of the other ideas that we had
2. love the family friendly atmosphere
3. the food is uh-mazing!

We were also going back an forth on the idea of some welcome celebration for everyone, but we then decided to not make that big of a deal about it and invite everyone out for breakfast, possibly at Boma (my fave), and then have everyone come to the park with us, either Epcot or the Magic Kingdom to then see the fireworks, as it would be July 4th. Going to the park is not mandatory, but I know most of the people attending will have park tickets anyway and it would be a fun and casual way to spend the day before the wedding.

We also decided what we wanted to do for our honeymoon. We will be going to Europe for 10 days in August, about a month after our extended wedding weekend. We definitely want to go to Paris, as we also want to go to Disneyland, and then either incorporate London for 2 days or Rome.

Lastly, we really want to go to Disneyland California, as neither of us have ever been. We were thinking of doing this for Thanksgiving this year, but I will need to do some number crunching for the wedding budget to see if we have some room to add that trip in before our wedding. I really hope so

That's all I have for tonight everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
I want to eat at O'hana after the vow renewal too

DisneyLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Updated Wedding Weekend Plans

Happy Sunday ladies!
I hope all of you had a good weekend! For me it wasnt too exciting but I did make some progress on the wedding front.

I decided that instead of making a newsletter to send out to my guests with the Save-The-Date I would just make a wedding website. It just seemed much more convenient and I didnt need to pay extra for shipping them to everyone.
Here is a link to the site if any of you want to check it out:
www.mywedding.com/ShanaAndSean
Wedpass: disney

It is still a work in progress but just wanted to share what I had already.
It's just so my guests have some information on the wedding events and so we can address any questions that they have.

Also (if you haven't already looked at the website), we have come up with some wedding weekend events.
Thursday 7/4/13 - Miniature Golf Welcome Event followed by Character Dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
Friday 7/5/13 - Ceremony at Crescent Terrace followed by Reception at 'Ohana and then dancing at Atlantic Dancehall
Saturday 7/6/13 - breakfast (possibly @ The Wave) followed by a day at MK or any other park
Sunday 7/7/13 - Check Out Day - don't really have anything planned yet but thought to maybe have another breakfast or so

The more I think about our wedding weekend and as the plans are coming together I am getting soooo excited!!!

I also decided that I didn't want a flower bouquet anymore, but rather want a brooch bouquet for me and the girls. I was thinking a larger one for me and then a smaller version for my bridesmaids.

Maybe not exactly like the one pictured but something to that effect. I think it will be a good DIY project to work on and something really unique. Has anyone else made these or is thinking about possibly using a brooch bouquet?

I am meeting up with one of my bridesmaids for an afternoon wedding planning day in about 2 weeks to narrow down and start some DIY projects. its just been really busy right now with school, which has been taking up most of my time and future in-law drama lol

Also, when DF and I first got engaged I wanted my sister to be my maid of honor as we have always been pretty close although she is 10 years older than I am. She does live in Germany but she was really helpful with planning and everything even from so far away. DF and I also always made sure to plan the wedding around her and her kids, since the kids were still in school and we needed to pick a date when they were on vacation, although it may have not been our first choice. Anywho, when we finally picked a date and I told her about it and asked if she was coming she said "I dont know", which is fine, but then didnt speak to me for almost 3 months. I think she may have felt left out that she didn't have more input in the date or something... Honestly I have no idea. I kept trying to reach out to her but i just got this weird vibe that something was up. When I asked my mom if she knew what was going on she said that my sister has just been really busy lately and doesnt really have any time. We just recently started speaking more frequently again but she never asks me about the wedding and the plans and whenever I say just one thing about it she doesn't acknowledge it or changes the subject... I really have no idea whats going on and it makes me kind of sad, but I guess I am not going to stress about it now. I keep wanting to give her more info on where to stay, how much things cost, what I can help her with, but its like she really doesnt care or doesnt want to hear about it.
So I guess she will just see my save the date in the mail sometime within the next month or so when i send them out.
I am not sure what else to do since she really doesnt seem that interested in the planning process anymore.
Sorry, just needed to vent all the sudden

On a much better note, DF and I got tickets to see Disney on Ice: Rockin' Ever After on September 8th here in Orlando. I managed to snag the last two VIP seats so we are suuuuuper excited for that!

As I was browsing for the Disney On Ice tickets I also saw that the two guys from Mythbusters (not sure if any of you watch the show but DF is probably their biggest fan) are coming to Orlando the week after our 3 year anniversary which is in October, so I also managed to snag us some awesome seats for that. He is going to flip out! I am usually really bad at keeping secrets for this long but I really dont want to spoil the surprise so I will not give him the tickets until our actual anniversary (10/3).

I wish all of you a good rest of your weekend! Be back soon!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #27
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Your plan looks great and I like the brooch bouquet!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your sister. hopefully she'll start being more receptive to everything soon. :hugs:

Ooh, Disney on Ice! How fun! I need to check to see when it's coming to our neck of the woods- thanks for the reminder.

Aw, sounds like DF is a lucky guy!

Great update!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Engagement Shoot Booked!

Hi ladies,
I am so excited!!!
I just booked a date for our engagement shoot
Although we have been engaged for longer than expected (1 1/2 years), we decided that this would be something fun to do for the both of us to officially start the wedding planning process.
After emailing numerous photographers, some of which were a little too pricey, another that didn't respond at all, and one that seemed to be just right, I booked our shoot with Joey from Joey Valy Photography. He is extremely nice and I felt like he fit our personalities very well.
He offered a really good package with unlimited time and all pictures taken on a DVD at the location of our choice.
Our engagement shoot is scheduled for next Saturday, 8/11/12, at 5pm at Disney's Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club.

Today we went out shopping for some new clothes for our pics so I really cant wait to take them.

On another good note, I only have one more week to go for my first semester of grad school. Then I have a two week break and then it goes back to school.

I also emailed Wendy tonight at EverAfterPrintables for some custom save the dates and pre-RSVP designs.
Can't wait to hear back!

That's all I have for now, ladies!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #29
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

First of all, Congratulations!

I love your proposal story, it is definitely very cute! I love non-traditional proposals. They are so unique and special.

And I love the first dress that you have picked out. It is a beautiful dress, and I tried it on while I was dress shopping, it is very figure flattering for women that aren't stick thin. I wear a size 18 in dresses, and thought it looked great, it was my second choice dress.

Anyway, good luck with the planning! Wishing you two lots of love and happiness!
jacque1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
Bunnylove
Earning My Ears

Hi Shana!! I just started following your PJ! I'm super excited for you!

I love, love, love your colors! They are so vintage-y and romantic. I can't wait to see what you create/decide for the brooch bouquet. I want to do that too! Can't beat something that's not going to die right after the wedding

Good luck with the planning. I'm excited to follow along!
Bunnylove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: