Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #1396
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
0 Judys
Correct! +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Blasted, beat by the captain 0 Judys
Yeah....who's stalking who now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
1 Judy......reflection in the windshield when she took the picture of the portal
You're going to have to point out that reflection for the Rules Committee...we sure don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Or 4 Judy's if you count the three in the link you added, similar to the video you linked in your NYC update and Judy's there counted.......
Ah, but there was a difference with that link (if you're talking about the "Rope Drop at the Today Show" chapter). That was a previously unposted video, related to the chapter. I don't think we've ever counted Judy's from previous chapters. But, I'll give you an Eagle Eye point for noticing the Judy's in the linked chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
well im not seeing any reflection in the window that marv is claiming,...
That's our assessment too.

Quote:
...but i will go with 3 as my answer for the link to the previous room pictures that you posted.

So my final answer is 3
The Rules Committee is being generous and giving you an Eagle Eye point too, since you referred to the link and pointed out that Marv's window-reflection theory was wrong.

Updated scores:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 5 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 8 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 2 Eagle Eye points
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1397
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Marv has lost it !!I have to agree with Tim I see NO reflection .!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #1398
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The drive, the checkin, ( at least your room was ready) sorry for the long walk and then to search for the wayward Gram and Poppy.

Throw in a little Dismeet there and WOW busy busy.
It was a busy day, packing/unpacking, driving, searching, grocery shopping, etc. etc. Good thing it was vacation or I would've been tired.

Quote:
Sorry you actually missed the arrival reaction but glad everyone made it there safe and sound even if a little late.
Yeah, now we can get started even though the day so far hadn't gone as planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm surprised Mousekeeping was in there at all given your length of stay, that's a bummer!
I guess I didn't put it in the TR, and I didn't make a note so I'm not sure what day it occurred, but we one day we returned to the suite to find that Mousekeeping had done a trash and towel service. I was surprised too, because they weren't supposed to for the few days that we were there. We didn't realize they had taken our bags until we started packing up the kitchen on Saturday morning.

Quote:
I bet you are on to something, knowing Disney was around the corner, the weather being a little less than stellar could definitely have kids focusing on "what's next" instead of what was there. We had that issue with Eric for much of the trip...focusing on the cruise instead of living in the moment.
Yeah, I think a little bit of that and a little bit of "not beach people". For some people it's heaven to lie there soaking up the sun, and for others, one afternoon is enough.

Quote:
Our kids liked Vero a lot but if they had to rank it wouldn't beat Disney, or the Cruise. It might beat the resort only part of our WDW stay but I'm not sure. They'd go back for sure but it would be interesting to see what they'd say if it was a choice between Disney resort only or Vero.
It can't compete with those entertainment spots, but I don't think it's meant to -- it's a completely different offering.

Quote:
Not at all! That kind of stuff is stressful, glad he was able to look up the flight. Bummer on the DISmeet timing.
I was surprised he said that. It was probably one of those things that you think but don't say, and it slipped out. But when you're working the concierge desk, that shouldn't happen.

Quote:
Ok, I'm confused now. I've never stayed in a 2B but I thought that the dedicated ones were the ones with the 2 queen beds and the lock offs were ones that were a 1b+ a connected studio (so 1 bed, 1 couch). Is Kidani different or am I backwards?
Thanks for noticing my slip-up. The post is edited to correctly identify it as a Dedicated 2-bedroom.

Quote:
Oh my, so much for getting on the road early huh, finally all settled by 3. I know that feeling well and it's a little frustrating feeling like you've lost such a chunk of the day. But you had a lovely walk, the fridge is stocked and everyone is there. All good things!
Yes, it seemed like we left early for nothing, but we did need to hit the grocery store, so we got that done before our guests arrived. Administrative stuff done!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #1399
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Of course...
You wait! Your turn is coming.

Quote:
I can see that. You might be onto something about it being a little more enjoyable for them after a few days at Disney World. As much as I love running around and having fun all week, it would always be nice to unwind for a couple of days before returning to the real world.
It would be great to unwind there after a week of running, running, running. I was still surprised by their assessment though.

Quote:
Another great use of a gif.

I haven't seen that movie in a few years.
I was looking for one that was a little more , but that was the best I could find.

Quote:
I'm sorry about the stressful situation of tracking down the parents, but at least they made it ok... and it wasn't a problem with them making it onto ME and getting there. It's too bad the DIS meet wasn't at the most convenient time, but at least you got to meet and say hi in passing.
Finding ME wasn't the problem at all. Just flight delays.

Not my "finest hour" when Jiminy 78 saw me.

Quote:
LOL! I was all kinds of confused and as that is what I hope to book in Jan I wanted to make sure I had it right.
Yes, you have it right....I had my terminology wrong.

Quote:
glad they got there okay and that it they didnt end up getting lost on the ME, but if they had thing of the discounts disney would have given you.
hmmm, yes. "Disney, how could you lose a couple of octogenarians?!"

Quote:
and sorry to hear that you didnt get to see there reaction to the room, im sure it was a good one. at least you can image it any way you want...that way if it was anticlimatic, (say like a certain 4 year old not jumping for joy and hanging from the ceiling fan when you told him you were going to disney), you would not be dissapointed in them just saying hmmm, nice room, im going to go lay down now. call me for dinner at 4:00 most older people still eat dinner at 4 right?
Yes, in my mind it was, "WOW!" "Oh my!"

Did you have a particular 4 year old in mind?

Quote:
rosie what time do you eat? just kidding....marv how about you?
Ooooo! Slam! Both Rosie and Marv in the same sentence. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love Kidani. My favorite villa decor. I miss it! Yeah for getting pictures before the villa is messed up. Looks great.
I love that place!

Quote:
Your poor parents. That's a long day. That will teach them not to put their cell phone where they couldn't get at it. Parents. sheesh!
They're not from a "cell phone" generation. They're more of a "we'll let you know when we get there".

It was a long day, but we still set out for some fun after they rested up.

Quote:
So glad everyone is now present and accounted for. Let the fun begin!
Yep, let's get this party started!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #1400
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
FINALLY caught all up. I've been so busy lately but tonight I sat down at caught up
I thought I'd lost you. I can see why you've been busy -- you were in WDW for some of November! I'm glad to see that you've started your trip report...it's a great read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Glad your parents made it and can't wait to hear the Disney part of your trip!
Thank you. It's hard to believe that it's taken this long, but we did have some major pre-trips before we got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Gram and Poppy Why would someone hosting you who is arrivingt after you need to know why they can't find you when they arrive?
Well, you know...they're the parents, so they do the worrying....why would anybody be worried about them?

Quote:
Too bad your concierge was so unhelpful I just saw on 20/20 that they never say no - guess they haven't been to AKL.
We weren't in the mood for a joke right then. He did come through though.

Quote:
Great of you to honor your parents by giving them the Master.
My sister (the one who was texting me in that chapter) and brother-in-law take them to Myrtle Beach sometimes and he said to me after we got back "what're you doing, giving them the Master?!" We were going to anyway, but honestly it worked out better with the additional guests we had coming later in the week. Plus, they could (and did) use the whirlpool tub.

Quote:
Well, congrats on going with the flow - a quiet afternoon at AKL has to beat one at work, right?
Oh, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I can definitely see how Vero Beach, although fun in its own way, would be better enjoyed post-parks!
It's duly-noted for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad to hear that Gram and Poppy got there safely eventually!!! Let the Disney Parks fun begin!!
Thank you! Yes, on with the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh man! That must have been a little confusing/frightening, wondering where they were for a while there.
It was. They were hours late....we were expecting them to be wandering around Kidani for a couple of hours before we got there, and it was the exact opposite. I fully believed they were somewhere between the airport and WDW property, and DisneyWorld is a pretty big place to be searching for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm glad the CM could look up their flight. What a pain for them, I bet they were exhausted. Hopefully things start to go smoothly from here on out!
They were tired, but troopers. Rest assured, things did improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Marv has lost it !!I have to agree with Tim I see NO reflection .!!!!!!
You might be a vampire.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #1401
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
:
You might be a vampire.
Wasn't it Judy's missing reflection
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #1402
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Glenn. Sorry the kids didn't seem as thrilled with you and Judy with Vero; but, I think you might be right that they might have liked it more after the hustle bustle of the parks.

Sorry about not getting your requests at Kidani and the long walk for your parents to the room.

Do they even have pay phones anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Glad your parents finally arrived.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #1403
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

for the Judy point! Finally back to comment on the chapter.

Quote:
I'd even gotten a text from my sister at 4:25am saying, "Airport drop off a success. Enjoy."
Hope you had your phone off.

Quote:
On our drive out, we kind of reminisced about our few days at Vero Beach. I was very surprised to learn that my kids decided that they're not really beach people and while they liked it okay, they weren't really that eager to come back again. They didnt have any complaints about the resort, but just preferred the excitement and entertainment of the DisneyWorld resorts to the laid-back pace of Vero. I think it might have been different if I had planned better and put the Vero portion after the WDW portion. It's hard for a kid to get all geared-up for a vacation, and then get directed to take it easy on a chaise lounge. Conversely, after getting worn out running around DisneyWorld for a week, it might be a welcome break. Well, despite them, Judy and I liked it a lot, and with her sister in the area, the Vero Beach resort might be in our future on more occasions. Time will tell.
I can understand that. I can usually spend a day or two doing nothing on the beach before I'm itching to go out and do something else. Different strokes, I guess.

Quote:
Judy was very proud of the sign picture that she got as we approached.
Great job Judy!

Quote:
When I got up to the front desk, I found out that my good fortune with room locations ended with Vero. Our suite was going to be way around the horn, towards Jambo House. I was sure it'd be fine view-wise, but I didn't want my parents to have to walk that far so I asked if they could look for anything closer to the lobby, which was the room request I'd made. Nothing was available or even scheduled to become available later that day; we were stuck. I don't know if online check-in would've helped me, but not doing it certainly didn't help me get a good room this time. Oh well.
So now it's a 50/50 proposition. Interesting.

Looks like you were close to our room. I actually liked being close enough to Jambo House to walk over.

Quote:
His response to Judy was, "Ma'am, I assure you. Magical Express has never lost a passenger! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Oh wait, you're not laughing.

Quote:
I heard a voice say, "Hi Glennbo", followed by a little wave from a nice, smiling young woman passing me in the hallway with her husband and little son. I said something profound like, "Uhhhh, the Disboards?" And she said, "Yes, I'm Jiminy 78". She had posted on my Pre-Trip Report saying that she would be at Kidani the same time as we were. I explained that she caught me at a very inopportune time, as we were all a little frazzled since my parents hadn't arrived as planned. We spoke briefly as we walked toward the lobby, but unfortunately didn't get a picture.
She might have been a little guarded, seeing you with your hands around the concierge's throat.

Quote:
The Balcony. Yeah, we had the whoooooole length of this sucker.
DUDE. Sweeeeet.

Quote:
When I tried to explain what they needed to do to get to Magical Express, he immediately said, "let me give you to your mother." Thats classic Poppy. He didn't even want to know, he's just along for the ride.

Quote:
I was a little bummed that I missed seeing their reaction to seeing the suite and the savanna, but hey, what're you going to do?
That stinks. But all's well that ends well, and you're in Disney at Kidani! Things could be worse.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1404
Elianor
Mouseketeer

Allow the flattery to begin. I actually mentioned you on FauntleroyFan07's trip report because you two are some of my favorites to read.

A couple of years ago, I was having a rough winter. I don't do really well with dark short days and since I work in social services for low income people, the cuts to the federal budget were causing serious problems with how we deliver programs to people who really need them...long story short, it was cold, dark and I was miserable.

I found the Dis by accident while checking out some ideas for a trip to DW and found your first trip report. I read it all in one go. Luckily, it was a really slow day at work! I freaked my husband out and had to convince him that I hadn't suddenly become some kind of weird Disney stalker...

I try to be patient. Really I do. But...I am not so good at it. I need your updates like a junkie needs a fix and I bet I'm not the only lurker out there that feels that way. It's not like you can just read any old trip report. Some of them are really not good!

So, thanks. Thanks for putting your family and your trips out there for us. I appreciate it!

We're going back in January so I might (probabably not) be okay through February...but then, I can almost guarantee that I will be back out here looking for reports again.
Elianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #1405
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Wasn't it Judy's missing reflection
Oh yeah. But in a window...not a mirror. Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Glenn. Sorry the kids didn't seem as thrilled with you and Judy with Vero; but, I think you might be right that they might have liked it more after the hustle bustle of the parks.
A time'll come when they can appreciate a more relaxed vacation too.

Quote:
Sorry about not getting your requests at Kidani and the long walk for your parents to the room.
Thanks. It was okay, but I really didn't want them to have a long walk.

Quote:
Do they even have pay phones anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Hmmm, the last one I saw was when we were driving through Lancaster county over Thanksgiving. It was at the edge of a cornfield. For the Amish, I suppose.

Quote:
Glad your parents finally arrived.
That was easy!

Quote:
for the Judy point! Finally back to comment on the chapter.

Quote:
Hope you had your phone off.
You know what? I don't remember. I had it on so that I could wake up for the sunrise walk on the beach, but I sure don't remember getting awoken by the text.

Quote:
I can understand that. I can usually spend a day or two doing nothing on the beach before I'm itching to go out and do something else. Different strokes, I guess.
Yup. I'm good for a couple of days and then need some activity too.

Quote:
Great job Judy!
Thanks. She was happy with it!

Quote:
So now it's a 50/50 proposition. Interesting.
Roll of the dice.

Quote:
Looks like you were close to our room. I actually liked being close enough to Jambo House to walk over.
I only went over to Jambo a couple of times, but we'll get to that as we go through the chapters. Did you get food from the Mara often?

Quote:

Oh wait, you're not laughing.
Yes, the little quote-thingee was to the right of the 'ha ha ha'.

Quote:
She might have been a little guarded, seeing you with your hands around the concierge's throat.
Yeah, her strangling him might have been overkill. Literallly.

Quote:
DUDE. Sweeeeet.
That's a lot of prime real estate bay-bee!

Quote:
That stinks. But all's well that ends well, and you're in Disney at Kidani! Things could be worse.
Exactly. I love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Allow the flattery to begin. I actually mentioned you on FauntleroyFan07's trip report because you two are some of my favorites to read.
I saw that....thank you! What a nice thing to say.

Quote:
A couple of years ago, I was having a rough winter. I don't do really well with dark short days and since I work in social services for low income people, the cuts to the federal budget were causing serious problems with how we deliver programs to people who really need them...long story short, it was cold, dark and I was miserable.

I found the Dis by accident while checking out some ideas for a trip to DW and found your first trip report. I read it all in one go. Luckily, it was a really slow day at work!
What a coincidence, a slow day at work is when I wrote it too! (Did I just say that?)

Quote:
I freaked my husband out and had to convince him that I hadn't suddenly become some kind of weird Disney stalker...
Many of us here have been accused of that. Some of us anyway. Okay...me.

Quote:
I try to be patient. Really I do. But...I am not so good at it. I need your updates like a junkie needs a fix and I bet I'm not the only lurker out there that feels that way. It's not like you can just read any old trip report. Some of them are really not good!
That may be, but all of the TR writers who post on here are great! (But it's true.)

Quote:
So, thanks. Thanks for putting your family and your trips out there for us. I appreciate it!
Aw, thanks!! You made my day!!! Actually 2 days, because I read your post yesterday and again today to reply. And, the goodvibes'll probably seep over to tomorrow.

Quote:
We're going back in January so I might (probabably not) be okay through February...but then, I can almost guarantee that I will be back out here looking for reports again.
I'm happy for you Elianor! But bumming a little since we won't be back for a couple of years. I watched a little bit of "Walt Disney World Resorts: Behind the Scenes" tonight on the Discover America channel. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not. I know you know the feeling!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #1406
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I only went over to Jambo a couple of times, but we'll get to that as we go through the chapters. Did you get food from the Mara often?
No, just the first night. But we did enjoy just wandering through Jambo House and taking lots of pictures. The atmosphere and theme are just amazing.

Quote:
I'm happy for you Elianor! But bumming a little since we won't be back for a couple of years. I watched a little bit of "Walt Disney World Resorts: Behind the Scenes" tonight on the Discover America channel. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not. I know you know the feeling!
I was watching the same show! And I've seen it like 8 times already.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #1407
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, just the first night. But we did enjoy just wandering through Jambo House and taking lots of pictures. The atmosphere and theme are just amazing.
Oh I know. But we're always on the go so much, that I don't usually have much time just to wander. I need a longer trip!

Quote:
I was watching the same show! And I've seen it like 8 times already.
Me too. Have you noticed in the other one, (I think it's "Undiscovered Disney" or something like that), where the cast member keeps calling it Bippity Boppity Boutique rather than Bibbity Bobbity Boutique? It drives me crazy. I could see a guest getting it wrong, but a cast member, being interviewed for TV???
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #1408
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Me too. Have you noticed in the other one, (I think it's "Undiscovered Disney" or something like that), where the cast member keeps calling it Bippity Boppity Boutique rather than Bibbity Bobbity Boutique? It drives me crazy. I could see a guest getting it wrong, but a cast member, being interviewed for TV???
I never noticed that. But I think I zone out a bit on the BBB portion.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #1409
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I am ready for an update !!Also next week I am off for a couple of days sooo then would be good too !!!! Judy (mine) would LOVE Vero she loves laying on the beach, I have to admit I'm with the kids ..I like the action of Disney!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #1410
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

My work has suddenly unblocked photobucket, so now I can finally get caught up!

I really like Starbucks VIA too. Definitely the best instant coffee I've ever had. Have you tried their iced tea? SO good!

Wow, that beach vacay looks really nice and I like that they have so many activities available. I don't think I'd be able to spend more than 3 days just lounging on the beach anyways but Andrew would love that. That's why cruises are so good for us!

I just love your way of reporting Glenn, with all your pictures. Always makes me feel like I'm RIGHT.THERE.NEXT.TO.YOU.

Those turtle tracks are so cool!

Aw man, poor Poppy and Gram was stuck in the airport for that long! Glad everything worked out ok.
YukiPhnx is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: