Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #1306
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
The thing that was different the last time was that everybody changed their guess....they had it right at one point, and wrong at another Depending upon when I stepped in and declared the winner, it could have been 4 different people. This time, Kelly had the right answer and has stuck with it. Or, maybe just went and did something else on the DIS or elsewhere. Either way, it's worked in her favor.
Nope, last time I was the ONLY one who chose their answer and stuck with it! NEVER changed it! And people have changed their answers throughout the whole contest, and never gotten credit before the last round!

Again, modifying the rules randomly.............

BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

But then, why am I not surprised...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #1307
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Great update again! It's neat to hear what's only 45 minutes South!
You need to make a visit one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That HP video is hilarious - love the Hufflepuff milk!!!
The non-Hufflepuff's in our family think it's a riot too. The Hufflepuffs, not so much.

Quote:
I hate having to do errands on vacation, even if they take 13 seconds to do, I feel like I've wasted SO much time!! I'm probably the most impatient person on the planet though!
Yeah, and unfortunately there's no place nearby at Vero for just a quick jaunt.

Quote:
Glad that you didn't get hurt in the ocean!!
Thank you Sara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Big day at the beach- love those errands.

Hard when you are in your own neighborhood but wandering around someplace unfamiliar is a pain.
At least it rained, so I didn't feel like I wasted some time for too long.

Quote:
The boys took a tumble huh? That surf can slam the best of them. Sand in your face, up your nose and everywhere else is NOT fun.
It was more the violent slamming of face into ocean bottom than the remnants of sand, but yeah, that wasn't a good moment. I guess they have those warning flags for a reason, huh?

Quote:
Miranda sounds like a big party, whole lot of noise and lots of activity. I am sure she was in search of "fresh ears" to bend.
She was! (Dang, I should've used that smiley in the chapter!)

Quote:
Don't blame anyone for bailing out on the campfire. Being eaten alive, even near a fire is no fun.
Judy and Marlene have the "sweeter" blood and are the preferred buffet item most of the time.

Quote:
I guess with cooler purchased, a ride to Kidani is next.
Yep, tomorrow (in TR-time) we drive to Kidani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think I last about as long as Judy did at the Vero Campfire. It was like I suddenly became bug bait. Kudos to the rest of you for sticking it out as long as you did. I guess smores can be a powerful incentive.
I love me some free food! I'm not even all that crazy about s'mores. I like the chocolate bars the best, but would rather just eat them and give someone else the graham cracker and marshmallows.

Quote:
The video was cute. Too bad the poor boy left before he got to make fun of his parents.
That was kind of a fun song. Yes, I think the boy would've enjoyed how it turned out if he'd stayed. I kind of felt sorry for the CMs, they were just trying to get him involved and have fun.

Quote:
Oh - and I DO think you all caught the same fish. What a workout that little guy got.
If it was the same one, he sure got his fill of bacon jerky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Looks like a, b, and c! mostly b&c.
d....all of the above.

Quote:
not our tooth-fairy that's for sure. She's been fired as she just quit showing up. Which in some ways was better than always being late or not knowing if she'd show. Before that though, she was pretty cheap.
Ours has shown up after (disappointed) kids have already gotten up and had breakfast.

Quote:
The Hufflepuff milk is a riot! I love that.
We've had fun with it. Well, most of us.

Quote:
Ugh, that sounds rather painful and I can only imagine the frustration while it's happening, feeling like you are losing a big chunk of your day.
The clock just seems to keep ticking. Er, the grains of sand just keep falling.

Quote:
that is the part of the beach I do not like! Very lucky you weren't hurt. We didn't have any waves remotely close to that, Evan actually whined about it from a boogie board standpoint but I am glad as we didn't have to worry about wipe outs.
Sounds like we both needed something in-between. Oh well, that's one thin you can't plan!

Quote:
Maybe. Eric isn't lonely but he'll talk strangers to death too! ASlthough we are usually in sight when he does this and try to be aware.
Yeah, I was wondering where the parents were.

Quote:
They do almost look like the same fish but, I'll trust that they weren't.
Nobody would ever fib about a fishing trip, would they?

Quote:
Yuck on the no seeums, they always seem worse around a campfire. The E's would have enjoyed it though, especially the marshmallows but I'd have been spraying myself like crazy to survive without a million bites.
I remember your story about how you got attacked on your Turtle Walk, and we didn't have any trouble there. The campfire was a whole 'nother story!

Quote:
Other than the errands, sounds like a nice low key day. After those errands eating up your morning, pizza was a good call!
Yes, it was more like what I expected....just jumping between the beach and the pool, with a little mini-golf and hot tub thrown in for good measure.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #1308
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I'm just usually wrong, so I pick an answer and stick with it

...I also posted right before I went to bed. No time to second guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Nope, last time I was the ONLY one who chose their answer and stuck with it! NEVER changed it! And people have changed their answers throughout the whole contest, and never gotten credit before the last round!

Again, modifying the rules randomly.............

BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

But then, why am I not surprised...........
I will grant that you didn't change your answer. But....like I said, if the Rules Committee had jumped-in at several points before that we could've had several different winners. So, you're ALL winners for that round!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #1309
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will grant that you didn't change your answer. But....like I said, if the Rules Committee had jumped-in at several points before that we could've had several different winners. So, you're ALL winners for that round!
Yeah, yeah, yeah.........again, that could have been the case multiple rounds but you just happened to choose that one for modifying that rule.

BTW, when you DID show up to score the contest, I was the ONLY one who always did and STILL had the correct answer. Everyone else had changed theirs to something else and no longer had the correct answer.........

But again, not surprised............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #1310
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got to see a turtle nesting. What a special experience.

The last time Danielle lost a tooth the tooth fairy was a no show. I don't know if she has outgrown it yet but we sure have.

Sorry for your tumble in the water. I hate the feeling of not knowing which way is up.

Sounds like your Miranda was the female version of Dennis the Menace. Danielle was always very talkative too. When she was little she would talk to other people in the grocery store aisle since I was too busy concentrating of shopping.

The campfire sounded fun except for the no-seeums.

Looking forward to the drive to Disney.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #1311
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Listen to him carry on !! I will give him a Pastie !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah.........again, that could have been the case multiple rounds but you just happened to choose that one for modifying that rule.

BTW, when you DID show up to score the contest, I was the ONLY one who always did and STILL had the correct answer. Everyone else had changed theirs to something else and no longer had the correct answer.........

But again, not surprised............
You are a sore loser Marv !! If you weren't soooo busy with your CSI equipment to micro examine each pix you mighta been first !!!Now poor Glenn is scratching his head ( prolly still sand in it ) saying PASTIE
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1312
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Another great update!

Sorry about the tumbles mind, that must have been a nasty shock. I'm about as clumsy in the water as I am out, so I've experienced sand face and pool headbanging far too often on vacation for my liking.

I think we've all encountered an unwanted talkative friend on vacation before... So awkward! Even as a child I hated the constant questions. Sometimes they'll sneak up on you when you least expect it It's tolerable for a while, but boy can it start to wear on your patience! Glad you slipped under the radar at the campfire!

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #1313
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Another great update!

Sorry about the tumbles mind, that must have been a nasty shock. I'm about as clumsy in the water as I am out, so I've experienced sand face and pool headbanging far too often on vacation for my liking.

I think we've all encountered an unwanted talkative friend on vacation before... So awkward! Even as a child I hated the constant questions. Sometimes they'll sneak up on you when you least expect it It's tolerable for a while, but boy can it start to wear on your patience! Glad you slipped under the radar at the campfire!
Sounds like a normal day to me !!Repetative questions are the norm in the DD population !! The biggest being who is working the next shift , no matter how many times we tell them they will ask again
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1314
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, there's a whole lot going on in this one!

I'm glad you were finally able to accomplish all the needed errands, even if it did result in approximately an extra 94 miles of driving, or whatever it ended up being.

All in all, it looks like a fun, somewhat leisurely day. Even despite the wipeouts, I think that's awesome that you and James got to try to ride some waves in.

I'm sorry you got a new unwanted friend at the pool. I'm sure you're right, she's probably just a social little girl who is on vacation with her parents and just looking for a friend. That doesn't make it any less annoying though.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #1315
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Sorry about the tumble! There is no way I would have been able to right myself if that happened to me.

Sorry you got stuck with Miranda. Anytime we've been stuck with a child like that, I spend the whole time trying so hard to get away and then I feel so stinking bad about it when the child finally leaves.

I'm glad you went to the campfire. We really enjoyed it, but we also have two younger girls. Ours was a lot more packed, so maybe you didn't have to wait in line as long to get your smores fixin's. We learned a couple new songs that from ours. We still break out into "Baby Shark" all the time.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #1316
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Ours has shown up after (disappointed) kids have already gotten up and had breakfast.
I have never thought to do that! Man, that would have been a great save. Kids have given up at this point.

Quote:
I remember your story about how you got attacked on your Turtle Walk, and we didn't have any trouble there. The campfire was a whole 'nother story!
I swear around the fire is the worst. However I still have another no see um story coming up that surprised even me!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1317
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

many good things in this chapter...but ill comment on this since no one else appeared too.

Quote:
But we had a good laugh at his expense, picturing in our minds what must happen at a tickle shop.
im just going to say, im sure, they were all thinking the same thing as you mister innocent?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #1318
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
That either means that: a) not much happened, b) I didnt take a lot of pictures, or c) Im going to end the chapter by saying yada, yada, yada, the end.
Isn't there a d) all of the above option?

Quote:
The tooth fairy was about as stingy as when she visits us at home, not the generous tinkerbell/tooth fairy that Ive read about in some of your trip reports. You know who you are.
Wow, your Tooth Fairy stinks. I'll have to let James know about the other options available. You'd think Tinkerbell would be able to find Vero Beach.

Quote:
which makes fun of the fact that the Hufflepuff house at Hogwarts (in the Harry Potter series) seems to be less cool, or at least has more issues, lets put it that way, than the other houses.
So that's the nerd dorm?

[QUOTE=glennbo123;46678411][/QUOET]

I'm not sure James is gonna like the haircut he gets in there.

Quote:
I was bodysurfing, and I looked over my shoulder and saw the biggest wave Id seen all day, by far, bearing down on me. I thought that I could catch it and started swimming. I thought wrong. I got started too late, and instead of the swell picking me up and pushing me along, the wave crashed over me and sent me into a washing machine-style tumble. I immediately sensed that my feet were over my head and the next thing I knew, my face was slammed into the sand at the bottom.
Been there, done that. This is also known as being "Maytagged".

Quote:
Then we met Miranda.

James and I were just hanging out in the pool when a little girl came up and said, Whatcha doooin just like Isabella on Phineas and Ferb. She was a girl a few years younger than James, named Miranda, who just talked our ears off and basically followed us around. I thought, Miranda, you have the right to remain silent! Eventually, James and I decided to play mini-golf&partly because he felt like he missed out the day before, and partly to get away from our new little friend. Well, wouldnt you know it, our new friend dragged her mom and dad over to play mini-golf and were the group right behind us.
I guess it was either that or spike her soda with Ny-Quil. And then you'd have to worry about lawsuits and everything.

Quote:
I dont remember if I mentioned it in the Fishing FUNdamentals chapter, but Maryann, our fishing instructor, had said that if we came back to the pond we were welcome to borrow her needle-nose pliers to use in extracting the hook from the fish we caught.
Good ol' Maryann, coming through for you even when she's not there.

Quote:
It also really messed up my hair, apparently.
If you say so.

Quote:
Im sure it looks like we all just posed with the same fish, but I assure you that we each caught the one we posed with. It may have been the same one each time, but we caught em all right!
I think I spotted the lie!

Quote:
Oh, and yada, yada, yada, the end.
Best-written part of the whole chapter.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #1319
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey - once again, WAY behind!

The beach day looks like so much fun. Few things are more peaceful than flying a kite at the beach.

I must say, I HATE feet. However, the feet-picture exchange was AWESOME!

The mini golf looks like a lot of fun, although incredibly brief. Hmm, I wonder if my daughter is old enough for mini golf yet. That could be a fun new activity! If it took longer than 5 seconds…..

I have to admit that I enjoyed the towel drama. There is always a LOT of drama here, and I can’t even imagine what it will be like when DD hits the tween and teen years.

Love your BIL’s mouse story!

What an amazing experience to see the sea turtle up close like that. I can’t even imagine! I didn’t realize they were so big either.

Ugh - errands on vacation. YUCK!

Love those tiny fish y’all caught!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #1320
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
I'm so glad you posted here Brook -- I've thought about you guys several times this past week....how did you fare through the storm? I almost sent you a pm to ask, but didn't figure you'd get it if you were without power.
We had no problems at all through the storm, our lights flickered a bit, but nothing serious. Thank you for asking and thinking of us! As I'm sure you know, that was not the case for much of NYC and Jersey. It's been a hard hit and it will take a long time to get back to normal. I may be going out to the Rockaways (where all those homes burned to the ground) to help serve on Tuesday.

Great update! Looks like a very relaxing and enjoyable day...aside from the errands. Errands and vacation are just frustrating! Been there!

The campfire looks like fun!! We really need to get to Vero.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: