Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #1006
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
We really enjoyed the pizza at Orchid Island. We also got salad from there because my husband always feels the need to have salad with pizza.
Hey, it makes more sense than how all of the pizza places are selling chicken wings now. I don't get that.

Quote:
I wanted to drive there when we were going to go there to pick up our pizza, but I was voted down. It's not a terrible walk...even with a three-year-old.
No, the walk is fine...I just didn't know my way around yet. And I certainly had no idea where it was when the GPS said 500 feet, other than it was close.

Quote:
We just got back from the Gulf Coast and we all decided that, while the sand at the beach was softer, the beach/condo on the whole were not as enjoyable as Vero Beach.
That's great. So, you'll be going back sometime? Maybe Vero should import some sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
You'd think he'd learn by now! Thank goodness for Google
One of these days, I'm confident in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out!
That's so cool that you're close enough to just go try out their restaurants.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #1007
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Not a bad arrival day!

The pizza looked good enough to hit the spot. Good job with the picture of Orchid Pizza, getting the phone number into your photo for the benefit of future travelers.

Exactly how long did it take to cook the pizza that you had all that time for a Family Circus drive/hike?

Sorry it wasn't much of a beach day when you visited. Good for you for getting into the water, though. The pool and the slide both look really nice, so I'm glad your family could take advantage of that.

Looking forward to reading about more of your beach trip.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #1008
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't comment on individual stuff like I usually try to do as we're in the car driving to the Shell Factory. LOVE your suite, but love your view even more!!!!!!!!

Glad you got some beach time your first day; that is air of seaweed.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #1009
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up.

The first day seemed like a good one. I would like to stay at Vero beach one time.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #1010
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hey, it makes more sense than how all of the pizza places are selling chicken wings now. I don't get that.

That's great. So, you'll be going back sometime? Maybe Vero should import some sand.
Yeah, I don't get the wing thing, either.

We will defintely be going back. We are just trying to find the time. I'm not sure about next year, but we'll see.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #1011
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not a bad arrival day!
It was pretty good -- definitely can't complain.

Quote:
The pizza looked good enough to hit the spot. Good job with the picture of Orchid Pizza, getting the phone number into your photo for the benefit of future travelers.
It was good! Yep, a great picture for DISers. If someone had done that for me, I might've been able to avoid the Family Circus drive/hike!

Quote:
Exactly how long did it take to cook the pizza that you had all that time for a Family Circus drive/hike?
I'm not sure, but it was probably only about 20 minutes. It may look like a lot of territory in that satellite picture, but it's really not that far. Plus, I like my pizza to cool just a little bit so that the cheese can set, so I'd almost prefer not to get it right out of the oven.

Quote:
Sorry it wasn't much of a beach day when you visited. Good for you for getting into the water, though. The pool and the slide both look really nice, so I'm glad your family could take advantage of that.
We were only there for a few days, so had to take advantage of the opportunity.

Quote:
Looking forward to reading about more of your beach trip.
Great! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't comment on individual stuff like I usually try to do as we're in the car driving to the Shell Factory. LOVE your suite, but love your view even more!!!!!!!!
Thanks for checking in Kathy. Have a great time with Nicki and Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you got some beach time your first day; that is air of seaweed.
I've been giving Vero the benefit of the doubt and saying that this was an unusual amount of seaweed. Cynthia said there's a big difference with her pictures, so it'll be interesting to see what she reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
All caught up.

The first day seemed like a good one. I would like to stay at Vero beach one time.
I hope you do Scott. It's worth checking out, for sure.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get the wing thing, either.

We will defintely be going back. We are just trying to find the time. I'm not sure about next year, but we'll see.
That's great! I'm not sure when we'll get back. It's convenient because Judy's sister is close-by, but in 2013 we need to let our points catch back up after our borrowing in 2012 , and then we're planning on Aulani in 2014. So it'll be a while, but maybe in a few years.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #1012
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

We are hoping to get to Aulani next year. I am celebrating an unpleasant milestone birthday and that is the plan. We are waiting to see what the school schedule looks like before we really decide.

We are going to have quite a few points left over for this year that we'll be banking, so we should be able to get a nice long trip...hopefully.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #1013
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are hoping to get to Aulani next year. I am celebrating an unpleasant milestone birthday and that is the plan. We are waiting to see what the school schedule looks like before we really decide.

We are going to have quite a few points left over for this year that we'll be banking, so we should be able to get a nice long trip...hopefully.
A that ends with a 0? I'm in between a couple, and unfortunately leaning toward the higher one.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #1014
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

What time of year are you going? I know someone who is planning a Hawaii trip for next year, too.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #1015
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I was a little behind.

The pizza did look good! Good thing it was so close.

I'm glad you got some beach and pool time in. We've been to beach when the seaweed is bad too. Yuck! Hate the feel of it, even worse is trying to get it out of the suits.

Looking forward to more.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #1016
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the update! The beach time looked fun despite the vegetation invasion.

I cannot believe the ground you covered while waiting for that pizza!!

Looking forward to more Vero updates!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #1017
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
A that ends with a 0? I'm in between a couple, and unfortunately leaning toward the higher one.
Unfortunately, it ends with a 0 and starts with a 4. UGH!!!

I'd be fine with it if my husband wasn't 5 years younger than me and loved to bring that up a lot...and I mean A LOT.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1018
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
What time of year are you going? I know someone who is planning a Hawaii trip for next year, too.
Hmm....wonder who that might be? lol

Our two options are late July and late September. If we get the school calendar that we want, it will be the last week in September/first week in October. If we get the school calendar that I believe we will get (with no fall break), we are probably going to go the last week of July.

The good thing about July is that we can go for longer.

So, when is this certain someone thinking of going?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #1019
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Hmm....wonder who that might be? lol

Our two options are late July and late September. If we get the school calendar that we want, it will be the last week in September/first week in October. If we get the school calendar that I believe we will get (with no fall break), we are probably going to go the last week of July.

The good thing about July is that we can go for longer.

So, when is this certain someone thinking of going?
Late June. That's when our--I mean, his--15th anniversary is. Already booked the flights so we could use our frequent flier miles!

Currently trying to sucker some DVC owner into renting points for Aulani, but I haven't gotten anyone to take the bait yet.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #1020
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Late June. That's when our--I mean, his--15th anniversary is. Already booked the flights so we could use our frequent flier miles!

Currently trying to sucker some DVC owner into renting points for Aulani, but I haven't gotten anyone to take the bait yet.
Nice!!!

I wish we had more points to offer you, I mean, him. Other than the whole 40th birthday thing, I'm really looking forward to it. I wish we had enough miles to get all four of us there.

Congrats on the anniversary, by the way! (I mean, tell your friend....)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: