Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #931
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Shadow's better not count....I was jipped out of one in the infamous Judy shadow in the supposed mirror post. The microwave is at a 45 degree angle to Glenn so not his reflection, but it is aimed directly at the spot Judy is standing in the very next picture; carpet of waves pic.

Plus I copied the picture out and zoomed on it......definitely Judy's hair......
Refelections count and that is a reflection in a mirror !!!!! I will appeal to the rules committee !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #932
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Villa and excellent view. You did win the Villa Lottery.

Everyone looks very happy with the Villa.

Looking forward to hearing who actually got the Judy sightings right this time.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #933
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Nice view! Can't wait to read the rest about Vero Beach...
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #934
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post

That would be me , don't listen to Marv , no one else does
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #935
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your suite looks so nice!! And your view is fantastic! Everyone looks so happy
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #936
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Where is Glenn to post my winning points !!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #937
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
5 Judys
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I saw the 5 obvious Judy's, but since that is taken, I will go with six, including the picture with sandals. I don't know who hte sandals belong to, but it is not Lauren. But I am too lazy to go back to see if there are feet in previous updates to verify.

Quote:
Six Judy's........the four obvious ones, the white sandals, and the reflection of her head in the microwave in picture 19 of the update.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Me too 5 judys , very sneaky the flip flop shot but I checked and Lauren I believe it was had on blak ones so I claim an eagle eye point !!!
Now I am going back to read the update and maybe find #6 0r #7!!!
Quote:
7 Judy's Marv's micro wave plus the one with Judy looking in the bathroom there is a reflection of her shadow in the mirror !!!!!!!!
Quote:
Ok - I am not sure if shadows count - but if they do, I say 6 Judys including Rosie's shadow. The microwave is Glen's reflection, he is taking the picture.
Quote:
Shadow's better not count....I was jipped out of one in the infamous Judy shadow in the supposed mirror post. The microwave is at a 45 degree angle to Glenn so not his reflection, but it is aimed directly at the spot Judy is standing in the very next picture; carpet of waves pic.

Plus I copied the picture out and zoomed on it......definitely Judy's hair......
Well, the Rules Committee zoomed-in on whatever that is in the reflection in the microwave and they can't tell what it is. "Definitely Judy's hair" per Marv, is a major stretch. Actually, we super-zoomed in on the teapot and we think she is in the room, but appears to be more towards the kitchen area where I was taking the picture, not in the middle of the living room. So, whatever that is in the microwave isn't going to count as a Judy, but the Rules Committee agreed to give Marv an Eagle Eye point for being so....eagle eye-y.

That means that Magdalene gets the point for this round because yes, those are indeed Judy's feet in the picture of the carpeting, and then of course there are 4 more obvious ones. Congrats Magdalene!

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 1 Judy-sighting win
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #938
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You won the Vero beach view lottery!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. I really love the layout of those villas.
Sure did. I didn't realize it until we got inside.

Quote:
Ok - now I am editing to add some comment after I read the update! The villa looks lovely! I am at the moment falling in love with the look of the one-bedrooms. Not good as my points aren't really that many!!
They're very nice! I can understand your dilemma, they not only look nice but also have the added benefit of a kitchen and laundry, which the studio's don't have. We're planning on going to Aulani in a couple of years, just Judy and I, and I can't justify getting a bigger unit than a studio but I already know that we are reallllly going to miss having a kitchen and laundry.

Quote:
(am I going crazy or was there once again a huge smiley change - I now have to go to the extended list to get this one???)
You're not going crazy...they're placed differently every time I log on. It's very frustrating. It seems like the best thing to do is to memorize the coding of the ones you most commonly use.

Quote:
And the view is quite wonderful! How large is the deck? Can you sit out there and enjoy the ocean? I think I would be very tempted to just stay there with all the amenities of my room behind me!
There's room to sit, yes, but with the vegation you wouldn't be able to see the beach -- probably more like the water out towards the horizon.

Quote:
The card for Lauren is great! I was hoping for something like that when we were at WDW for Katharina's birthday, but I think she did not miss it. Sometimes it is difficult to not be disappointed if things don't happen which one has read on the boards about...
It was nice, but Spoiler Alert -- it was the last of the graduation-well-wishes for Lauren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Great suite!!!

I love the decor and I adore the view! The turtle tiles in the kitchen are awesome. I also love the painted chest of drawers (didn't want to try to spell armoire)

I think you will all be very happy there.
It was a great suite. I'm afraid that if we ever go back, we'll be disappointed with anything less!

I'm glad you didn't attempt to spell armoire.

The decor is nicely beachy, with the colors and the turtle tiles and painted items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Great views! And a pretty big suite! :D I'd like to be there right now, sipping a cool drink and taking it all in...
It was really nice, and we were very pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Great photographs too! What's the deal with the mail?
When I made the reservation they asked if we were celebrating anything and I said that we were celebrating Lauren's graduation.

Quote:
Nice update and the rooms at Vero Beach remind me a lot of those at Hilton Head. I was waiting to see the inside of the rooms since the similarity to HHIR was my initial thought from the last update when James was at the door.
I'd have to go back and look at a Hilton Head layout, but yeah they're probably the same. I forget -- have you been to Hilton Head?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #939
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay now for the update. The suite is GORGEOUS and the view is superb !!! I could totally stay there !!!!!
It's up to your standards Rosie!

Quote:
Refelections count and that is a reflection in a mirror !!!!! I will appeal to the rules committee !!!!
Reflections count, but not shadows.

Quote:

We loved our location! It was perfect.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure the Rules Committee made everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Nice view! Can't wait to read the rest about Vero Beach...
Thanks OurDogCisco and ! I hope you enjoy the TR.

Quote:
That would be me , don't listen to Marv , no one else does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Arrival-time is always so much fun, isn't it?! We were so happy with our location and the view.

Quote:
Where is Glenn to post my winning points !!!!
I'm not sure about that, but I just posted the updated scores.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #940
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I finally got a point!! And I actually verified that it was Judy's feet before my first post - there are pictures that show both Marlene's and Lauren's feet, so I knew that neither of the two had white shoes.

The laundry is one thing that makes truly consider the one bedroom. My next trip might be longer as I am thinking of adding a cruise. So being able to do laundry in my own villa would be very convenient. The studios still have free access to a laundry room - but there you need to hand around while the stuff is in there.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #941
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Ah, cool!

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #942
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Way late here but 5 definite and the I am actually going to agree with Marv here. ( I know, what is the world coming to? ) for number 6.

I was out of town and only had my phone. I think if time stamps are not messed up again, looking at it around the time Marv was but the size of the pictures on the app did not allow the super zooming so I had to catch up when I got home and if you can see the reflection, it does look like Judy.

I know points are already awarded but I thought I would just chime in.

What a gorgeous view. I actually just stopped and stared at the at view for a while.

My recent point addition will allow a one bedroom stay once and a while. Certainly don't need it when travelling solo or can really justify it but is sure nice to have the space and the laundry.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 09-16-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #943
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Home from India and glad to see more updates.

Thanks for the pictures of the Vero suites Glenn. It may be years (or never) before we are there as my mother has a house by the beach on the gulf so it would be hard to justify. It does look nice and is very tempting if that view could be guaranteed.

That is great that you can stay in a one bedroom to conserve points. When we take our three kids it is a two bedroom or we would have dead people in our family.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #944
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Darn I just can't win !!! It was a reflection of a shadow so does that make a difference????
But Marv didn't win either so I am sure he will be appealing to the Rules Committee
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #945
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Well, the Rules Committee zoomed-in on whatever that is in the reflection in the microwave and they can't tell what it is. "Definitely Judy's hair" per Marv, is a major stretch. Actually, we super-zoomed in on the teapot and we think she is in the room, but appears to be more towards the kitchen area where I was taking the picture, not in the middle of the living room. So, whatever that is in the microwave isn't going to count as a Judy, but the Rules Committee agreed to give Marv an Eagle Eye point for being so....eagle eye-y.

That means that Magdalene gets the point for this round because yes, those are indeed Judy's feet in the picture of the carpeting, and then of course there are 4 more obvious ones. Congrats Magdalene!

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 1 Judy-sighting win
Another one of those inexplicable random rulings by the Rules Committee. As I pointed out, Judy IS indeed near the kitchen as evidenced in the picture immediately after (check the time stamp on the picture), and based on her location with respect to the kitchen island, she is located immediately out in front of the microwave. Since James, Marlene, Lauren.............and even Glenn have hair that is "flat" to their heads, and the reflection in the microwave shows hair "sticking up" as Judy's does, it is a huge stretch to say otherwise than that is indeed Judy! That is way more obvious than a silhouette in a supposed mirror of a store, especially when a silhouette is the same as a shadow............

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'd have to go back and look at a Hilton Head layout, but yeah they're probably the same. I forget -- have you been to Hilton Head?
Yes, have been to HHIR three or four times. Had to figure out how to use up all those developer points somehow when we bought into DVC. Not really the layout as much as the look of the building on the outside, and the decor in the rooms that remind me of HHIR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Way late here but 5 definite and the I am actually going to agree with Marv here. ( I know, what is the world coming to? ) for number 6.

I was out of town and only had my phone. I think if time stamps are not messed up again, looking at it around the time Marv was but the size of the pictures on the app did not allow the super zooming so I had to catch up when I got home and if you can see the reflection, it does look like Judy.

I know points are already awarded but I thought I would just chime in. .
Well, at least SOMEBODY loves me.........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: