Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #917
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad that you arrived in Vero, but NOT happy you left me hanging without pictures as we leave for our trip tomorrow.

Some things never change...the kids just take off and expect us to carry everything.
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #918
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Wow those pictures of Dave sleeping are the funniest I have ever seen!

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #919
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Don't worry I might not have been very clear in my post... And since we were at WDW last fall, you might have concluded that that is my usual time. You can't remember everyone's trip dates!
Sometimes I do remember other DISers trip-dates and various facts/info. I'm not sure which is worse!

I mentioned it on your thread, but I really like your new avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I will certainly have a car on my next trip - I just want to be able to do some off-site stuff as well (I am having an eye on Discovery Cove) and since the cruise would be from Miami, I need a car to get from there to Orlando anyway. The question is still whether I need to rent one or whether a friend from Florida who would be able to provide the car might join me. Which of course would be the most preferable solution, for the company as well as for the savings for the rental car!
Having a car is the way to go. I hope it works out that your friend can join you, that would be geat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Oh... I can't wait to see the room!!!
Get ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
And I'm anxious to hear all about Vero. I've never stayed there, either, and I would love to hear about it from a Disney pro!
Well, in lieu of that, you'll have to hear about it from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I have never read anything about Vero before, so I am really excited to see your pictures and read all about it.
Oh good! Hang on, 'cause here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad that you arrived in Vero, but NOT happy you left me hanging without pictures as we leave for our trip tomorrow.
Oh sorry about that Kathy. But hey, I think that going to DisneyWorld is slightly better than reading about it through my trip report, so you're taking the better option. And you can get caught up when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Some things never change...the kids just take off and expect us to carry everything.
Yeah, I don't think that changes until they get their own little gumpers to take care of. That was probably true in my case too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Wow those pictures of Dave sleeping are the funniest I have ever seen!
Aren't they though?! Thanks again Captain for reposting them here.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #920
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Our suite view

I couldn't resist calling this chapter “our suite view” because I’ll be showing you pictures of our suite, but actually I’ll have a better picture of the view from our suite in a later update, although you’ll get a sense of it here.

Picking up where I left off last time.

I squeezed past James to unlock the door and…

…found that we had been given probably one of the best suites in the whole complex. All I knew from the front-desk cast member’s description was that it was a third floor room, which I knew was desirable from reading the Vero Beach Adoration & Info thread in the DVC section of the DIS. With a third floor room, you’re up above the vegetation and have the chance for a good view, maybe even seeing the ocean. And our suite was on the ocean-facing side of the building so that was promising.

Well, let’s get to some pictures. As you trip-report writing DISers know, it’s a battle between the photographer and their travel partners at this critical time of arrival. While I’m trying to get pictures of the suite in its still-immaculate condition, they’re running through, setting their stuff down and checking things out. But who can blame them? It’s exciting!

Walking in the door, I tried to take up some room so no one could get past me...basketball rebounding practice has finally paid off!

The next picture was taken just inside the door and looking right, toward the Master bedroom. Behind the closet-style doors on the right are the washer/dryer and I'll have a picture of them for you further along. Just out of frame on the right, would be the door to the main bathroom (ie. the non-Master-bathroom, or the "other bathroom" as I call it in a later picture).

The living room area. The island on the right there, housed the TV, but was in the kitchen area and could be used for food preparation.

The kitchen and dining area.

James at the balcony, inviting me to see what our view might be.

The ocean! Oh yeah, what a view!

The beach cottage, across from our balcony.

Judy and the girls joined us on the balcony to check out the view. Even though you can't really see the kids' faces, you can still get a sense of how they're smiling. I love that.

We had a turtle towel animal in the Master bedroom.

The Master bedroom, looking toward the balcony.

The Master bedroom, looking in from the balcony.

Judy, checking out the Master bathroom, taken from the window in the Master bedroom. With this picture, you can get a sense of the layout. Behind Judy is the door to the "other bathroom" and then beyond that is the bathroom door to the entryway-area of the suite. Marlene is standing near the laundry area.

Another shot of the Master bathroom, taken from the doorway to the Master bedroom.

The other bathroom.

The Master bathroom again.

A Florida map/artwork, which hung on the wall across from the laundry.

Another shot of the kitchen.

Somebody said “look at the carpet, it looks like waves!”

The mirror in the entryway.

Some artwork.

Lauren had mail.

The washer and dryer -- one of the best things about having a suite.

We loved our location, what a great room.

After I finally put the camera away, we stood on the balcony for a little while more, just enjoying the sweet breeze, watching the ocean waves crashing and the nearby palms gently swaying. James summed it up by saying, “could you ever get tired of this view?”

Up next: An embarrassingly short trip
Link to next chapter

Last edited by glennbo123; 09-23-2012 at 04:20 PM.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #922
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

5 Judys

Ok - now I am editing to add some comment after I read the update! The villa looks lovely! I am at the moment falling in love with the look of the one-bedrooms. Not good as my points aren't really that many!! (am I going crazy or was there once again a huge smiley change - I now have to go to the extended list to get this one???)

And the view is quite wonderful! How large is the deck? Can you sit out there and enjoy the ocean? I think I would be very tempted to just stay there with all the amenities of my room behind me!

The card for Lauren is great! I was hoping for something like that when we were at WDW for Katharina's birthday, but I think she did not miss it. Sometimes it is difficult to not be disappointed if things don't happen which one has read on the boards about...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Last edited by Flossbolna; 09-15-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #923
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great suite!!!

I love the decor and I adore the view! The turtle tiles in the kitchen are awesome. I also love the painted chest of drawers (didn't want to try to spell armoire)

I think you will all be very happy there.

I saw the 5 obvious Judy's, but since that is taken, I will go with six, including the picture with sandals. I don't know who hte sandals belong to, but it is not Lauren. But I am too lazy to go back to see if there are feet in previous updates to verify.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #924
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Great views! And a pretty big suite! :D I'd like to be there right now, sipping a cool drink and taking it all in...

Great photographs too! What's the deal with the mail?

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #925
marvali
DIS Veteran

Six Judy's........the four obvious ones, the white sandals, and the reflection of her head in the microwave in picture 19 of the update.........

Nice update and the rooms at Vero Beach remind me a lot of those at Hilton Head. I was waiting to see the inside of the rooms since the similarity to HHIR was my initial thought from the last update when James was at the door.

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report

Last edited by marvali; 09-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #926
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Although a little late, I concur with 5 Judy's!

Nice update and the rooms at Vero Beach remind me a lot of those at Hilton Head. I was waiting to see the inside of the rooms since the similarity to HHIR was my initial thought from the last update when James was at the door.
Me too 5 judys , very sneaky the flip flop shot but I checked and Lauren I believe it was had on blak ones so I claim an eagle eye point !!!
Now I am going back to read the update and maybe find #6 0r #7!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #927
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

7 Judy's Marv's micro wave plus the one with Judy looking in the bathroom there is a reflection of her shadow in the mirror !!!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #928
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay now for the update. The suite is GORGEOUS and the view is superb !!! I could totally stay there !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #929
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Ok - I am not sure if shadows count - but if they do, I say 6 Judys including Rosie's shadow. The microwave is Glen's reflection, he is taking the picture.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #930
marvali
DIS Veteran

Shadow's better not count....I was jipped out of one in the infamous Judy shadow in the supposed mirror post. The microwave is at a 45 degree angle to Glenn so not his reflection, but it is aimed directly at the spot Judy is standing in the very next picture; carpet of waves pic.

Plus I copied the picture out and zoomed on it......definitely Judy's hair......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: