Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #841
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Man I was fixing my door frame which had the closer pull out of it in a storm earlier this summer. Yup just getting around to it, but it is done. I am covered in sawdust but had to confirm

2 Judys.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 09-09-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #842
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Trying to get caught up on TRs tonight.

Loved hearing about the Springsteen concert, although I was a bit jealous.
I'm glad you liked it. Since then, my sister (the one who talked me into going to this concert) has gotten tickets for a show later in the tour so now I'm jealous too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
And I'm enjoying the road trip. Loved the drive-through without stopping. And I'm sorry, but no way could you get that many people to get it right with the overnight bag - ugh, I hope there is a solution sort of digging through the car carrier.
I did get into the cartop carrier and got her duffel out, but I made her come with me in order to find whatever it was she needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Hi Glenn,

Still hanging out in India and missed a couple of updates. All caught back up now. Thanks again to Lauren on all her hard work on her portion. It was a fun read and glad it went well for the most part.
I hope the rest of your stay in India goes well. I'm glad you enjoyed Lauren's trip write-up!

Quote:
Enjoyed part one of your trip down. It reminded me of why we now fly. Missing the drive thru window is priceless.
There's nothing I can say to defend the drive-thru window mess-up. Wish I could!

Quote:
Looking forward to more as I still have a ways to go untill our trip and need my Disney fix (if I ever can get finished here and out of India, hopefully one more week).
I'll try to get you some more reading material. Thanks for checking-in from afar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are soooo right !!Add "I have nothing to wear"," I have to do my hair before I go to the pool" oh the list goes on
I forgot about those, but you are right on. I never understood the pool one -- then, at the pool they can't get their hair wet because they just "did" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Well, I guess everyone was taking a holiday from the DIS, or at least from Glenn's TR, yesterday... a Saturday, and only two posts! That has to be a rarity...
That's okay, I had a DISmeet to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So cool you and Marlene got to do the Springsteen concert together - making some father-daughter memories is priceless!
We had a great time!! I'm listening to some tunes right now.

Quote:
Oh No! I would have been the one to forget something in the cartop thingy, so I can understand Marlene's "distraction." SHINY OBJECT!... Oh! I'm posting... anyway, you are a very nice dad to open it for her. I probably would have made the boys wear repeats but not sure about girls - they are a different animal and I haven't raised any.
It was a million-to-one shot that everybody'd have everything they'd need!

Quote:
I'm getting really excited that you are almost to Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_ntu View Post
No matter how hard I try there is always something I forget, and being a new mum I am 100% worse now I have 2 people to pack for......a morning out can be a challenge sometimes, so I have sympathy for Marlene.
I remember those days! Or, at least I remember Judy saying those same words! Don't worry, it gets better....you can gradually start putting them in charge of packing a few things and then check their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_ntu View Post
Have you ever seen a british tv series called 'only fools and horses'? I only ask because there are a couple in the show called Boycie and Marlene and so whenever I read your Marlene's name I say it in my head in a cockney accent like Boycie. Now I must add that I am not in any way comparing your lovely daughter to this character (who is a lovely lady but rather a tart with a heart if you catch my drift) but its just how Boycie says her name that amuses me.
No, I haven't heard of it, but I'll have to see if I can find it on youtube or something. I can't imagine "Marlene" being said with a cockney accent, so I'll have to check it out!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #843
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1 judy !!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Anending as in the corner of the 1st pix with Judy's appie is what could possibly be a part of Judy and Marv will blow it up to proof it so I am claiming it now making it 2 Judy's
Good catch. I thought you were going to miss it with that first "1 judy!!!" post. You can definitely see a couple of Judy's fingers in the first picture.

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Old 09-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #844
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
And don't forget the hardened arteries..............
Wow, the timing of this post was really unfortunate. Sorry about that. You could've scooped Rosie while she was flip-flopping.

Quote:
I noticed Dan's spelling has not improved or breakfast hasbrowns and omlets are new dishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great meet! Bet there was a lot of fun, great food and amazing conversation!
It was a really enjoyable evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Now that I'm in the hunt... and at the risk of Rosie's wrath... I think 1 Judy is up for grabs, so if it is, that's what I'm going with (Group picture)
No, she amended her submission to "2". She found the elusive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for a fun Dismeet! And at the Cheesecake Factory - yum!!!
A bunch of nice folks, and cheesecake. What more does anyone need? Oh yeah, pork fat -- that's why I got a dish with proscuitto on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I've been to the Cheesecake Factory several times...and have still never had their cheesecake!

In fact, I don't think any of my family has. We are always too full!

Fun fun meet and apparently...kid free
Yeah, you've gotta go light and doggie-bag half your meal so you don't miss out on the cheesecake. It's worth it though!

Yes, sans kids. Mine and MEK's are old enough to be home by themselves, and the Oblivious-Knowitall's were able to get a sitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I love dismeets! and I LOVE cheesecake factory.
Sounds like the perfect place to have a DISmeet then huh?

Quote:
Unfortunatly there isn't one near me but when ever I visit my sister we go....cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
It's definitely high on the list!

Judy always gets her birthday cheesecake from there. I told that to Mark (Capt_Oblivious) over dinner and said that apparently Judy doesn't want to ask me to cook one, er bake one, I mean. He said, "and there's your answer".

Quote:
Crap. Now I want cheesecake.
Time for a road-trip to your sister's house!

Quote:
No wrath or as Dan would say rath I just am trying to out smart the Rules committee , now I noted NO Vera purse but the smear in that corner could well be part of Judy's something , I saw No Judy reflections in cheesecake , but Marv prolly will !!
Quote:
Yes, two Judy's!!!

Sorry Rosie picked up on that one of her white skirt in the first pic (or is that a napkin). Of course the finger and fingernail are more definitive....
Yeah, the fingers are pretty apparent, I would think!

Quote:
I had a feeling you were going to post an update, and dang if you don't do it as I am posting a comment response to Dan and I failed to notice it!!!
Sorry about that....I had no idea, honest.

Quote:
And what strength magnifying glass did you use to make this determination !!!~
Quote:
Didn't need one. Saw it in the picture, and then reading the update pretty much confirmed it. I guess the Rules Committee informed Glenn to make clearer references to avoid the challenges. Since he said that Judy's tuna tartare was on the left, and his chicken was on the right..........pretty much a given.
No, I didn't make the reference to avoid challenges -- the group picture should be enough to show where everyone was sitting and that she was on my left.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #845
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Woot woot!! Cool Dis meet! Great pictures! Seems a good time was had by all!!!
We did! Thanks.

Quote:
Loved your intermission! The light show was fantastic and very cool how you got the self portraits! The light pictures would make great posters!
Why thank you. I'm glad you liked them.

Quote:
Too cool seeing Bruce! It's been..... well we shall say, several years since I've been to one of his concerts. Another chance for Lauren to tell me how old I am.
He's not showing his age too much, I can tell you that though!

Quote:
My daughter is 28, has two children. We are leaving Thursday, for our vacation to WDW, traveling in her Fiat 500. I wonder how much she will have to leave behind at home, that she really wants to take?
It might look like a -car when you all roll out! I wish you the best!

Quote:
We moved to Central TX about 6 or so years ago. I didn't get a chance to go to San Antonio until 2 years ago. South Austin and San Antonio has Carls Jr., which we are used to. East of TX we were ecstatic to find a Hardees on our way to WDW on our first trip!! Same great food and yellow star, so we were happy!!
I like San Antonio. 'Course I haven't been there in over 20 years, but I liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Man I was fixing my door frame which had the closer pull out of it in a storm earlier this summer. Yup just getting around to it, but it is done. I am covered in sawdust but had to confirm

2 Judys.
Good work, handywoman.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #846
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Oh how I love Cheesecake Factory. I'm partial to the Red Velvet myself, and I love Judy's idea of an app as an entree. I usually get a burger or pizza and end up with leftovers.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #847
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, the timing of this post was really unfortunate. Sorry about that. You could've scooped Rosie while she was flip-flopping.

It was a really enjoyable evening!

No, she amended her submission to "2". She found the elusive one.

A bunch of nice folks, and cheesecake. What more does anyone need? Oh yeah, pork fat -- that's why I got a dish with proscuitto on it!

Yeah, you've gotta go light and doggie-bag half your meal so you don't miss out on the cheesecake. It's worth it though!

Yes, sans kids. Mine and MEK's are old enough to be home by themselves, and the Oblivious-Knowitall's were able to get a sitter.

Sounds like the perfect place to have a DISmeet then huh?

It's definitely high on the list!

Judy always gets her birthday cheesecake from there. I told that to Mark (Capt_Oblivious) over dinner and said that apparently Judy doesn't want to ask me to cook one, er bake one, I mean. He said, "and there's your answer".

Time for a road-trip to your sister's house!

Yeah, the fingers are pretty apparent, I would think!

Sorry about that....I had no idea, honest.

No, I didn't make the reference to avoid challenges -- the group picture should be enough to show where everyone was sitting and that she was on my left.
See Glenn Marv had to try to minimize my brilliant correct and FIRST answer
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #848
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for a DIS meet, and at one of our favorite places to eat

Hi Julie and Mark (I hope I get to meet the better half of this combo one day); Hi Dawn...I'm all set with those postcards on arrival day; and MaryEllen and Denny...hope to meet you both one day.

Glenn, thanks for sharing the DIS meet with us.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #849
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

for a great DISmeet! Sounds like you all had fun.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip (PTR-DONE)

Never Mind The Clever Title, Here's My Trip Report! - A December Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #850
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I got the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Oh yeah. I still have half of this to eat, so I'm trying to hurry up with this post!
That is the best cheesecake ever. I don't care how much food I eat, there's never anything left of it to take home.

Looks like a nice meal. As soon as I saw the word cheesecake in the title, I knew it had to involve Mark and The Cheesecake Factory somehow.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #851
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And I was able to document Mary Ellen's first-ever bite of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Not everybody has the good fortune to have a photographer on hand for an occasion like that -- you're welcome MEK!
all I can say is a better look good in this picture Glenn! On second thought, I'm not even sure if this IS my picture. Let's hope for my sake it is.

I probably would have seen all these pictures last night if I hadn't been so devistated after losing most of my own TR. I decided to put the computer away for the rest of the evening.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #852
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
You've gotta understand, I don't travel to the Middletown area very often. It's not someplace you wanna get lost in, if you know what I mean.
You can't get lost, due to the superb road system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know what you mean. I hear they even burn family restaurants down in that town.
Look, I clearly ordered french fries instead of onion rings.

Quote:
We had a little mid-Atlantic DISmeet last night, as a few nearby DISers met at a local Cheesecake Factory restaurant for some food and fun. We had 3 DIS families from Delaware and Judy and I were representin' Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Sitting across from us, we had DISers Mrs. Knowitall and Captain_Oblivious, known in real life as Julie and Mark.
She's also Wonder Woman, but don't spoil her secret identity, ok?

Quote:
It was pouring-down rain on the way to the restaurant, so we said it was fitting since when I last met with Mark (at the same restaurant), it was nearly a blizzard outside.
That does seem appropriate. I'm starting to wonder if meeting up with you is disturbing the balance of the Force or something.

Quote:
By the way, Judy and I know the guy in the upper left of this picture (over Denny's shoulder). Mark said that he would not sing the song that comes to mind....You know the one -- "It's a sm..."
*shudder*

Quote:
Here's Julie and Mark enjoying their cheesecake. Whoops, I caught Julie mid-bite....sorry!
She's all business when it comes to cheesecake.

Quote:
Well anyway, it was a really nice evening with some good food, good conversation, and great people. I'm glad we could all get together!
Thanks for putting it all together! We had a great time and loved finally getting to meet Judy, Denny and Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
all I can say is a better look good in this picture Glenn! On second thought, I'm not even sure if this IS my picture. Let's hope for my sake it is.
It's actually our picture. And yes, we look amazing.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #853
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi Julie and Mark (I hope I get to meet the better half of this combo one day); Hi Dawn...I'm all set with those postcards on arrival day; and MaryEllen and Denny...hope to meet you both one day.

Glenn, thanks for sharing the DIS meet with us.
Hi Kathy!

Someday, I'm sure our paths will cross and you'll get to meet my better half. And then you can both gang up on me.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #854
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

very nice dis meet, looks fun and good food to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
It's like Emeril Legasse (sp?) says: "Pork fat rules!"

Quote:
And don't forget the hardened arteries..............
i didnt say we do this weekly....more like quarterly
Quote:
Oh I'll judge -- but it'll be favorable!
i knew you would enjoy it.
Quote:
I noticed Dan's spelling has not improved or breakfast hasbrowns and omlets are new dishes
its a midwest dish.
Quote:
No wrath or as Dan would say rath

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #855
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

By the way, there was only one Judy present at the meal. So I get the point for that evening.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: