Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #646
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Lauren. What a fun day of shopping. I've never seen that show on TV about the weddings (although my future daughter-in-law watches it often).

Thanks for the photos of the new World Trade Center.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #647
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am a day late and a dollar short !! So I concede this update to who ever evented/ guessed /made up the correct answer
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #648
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am at such a disadvantage not being able to see these pictures at work, but now I can clearly see body appendages on two Judys and the face of a third.

You know - when I cut and pasted that picture before I had no idea the cars were actually stocked. Reminds of something one might see in a Seinfeld episode.

Cute dress.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #649
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I feel like I'm in a CSI episode with these updates! I don't think I've ever spent as much time trying to figure out shadows and reflections.

We have a few buildings here in Atlanta with trees at or near the top. I guess it's nice to have some shade with your million-dollar patio, right?

And I am officially not guessing the Judys this time...but only because I gave myself a headache with the picture CSI.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #650
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I think these quotes are the Judy-guessers, so I'll reply to them first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm going with the 1 obvious Judy. Could be one in the reflection in the Kleinfeld's window, but I couldn't make it out.

So 1.
Great speed, and quite often the "obvious" Judy's are the only ones, but not this time. As Yoda said with his last words: "there is another....sky...wa...ker" (where fainting is dropping dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
2 Judy's...........the obvious one and picture 5, shadow on the ground just to the right of Lauren...........see her holding the camera up taking the picture.
Oh, so close. The correct count, but the wrong picture. We've never counted shadows -- where would it end??? (where fainting is um, fainting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Changed to three Judy's,,,,,arm holding up dress to show Marlene.
Ah, good guess. But I know that by this time you have completed your freckle analysis of that arm, comparing it to the last picture in the chapter, and determined that it belongs to Lauren. So, I don't have to tell you that it's wrong; you already know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
i will say 2 judys too but the obvious one and then the last picture you can see the bent arm taking the picture.
Yes! Just to the right of Lauren, in the window, you can see a reflection of Judy taking the picture.

Updated scores at the bottom of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
zero judys in this update...hey it has a chapter heading its a chapter mister.
But it didn't make it into the table of contents. No dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
and #3 in the reflection...i know there was a guess of three but they were not the correct three so here are mine.

2 points for me, one for each update...
Good try.

Updated game scores:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #651
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for a day with Jamba Juice AND Kleinfelds!
Judy raves about that Jamba Juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love "Say Yes to the Dress" too!! I've been working on watching the old episodes on Netflix lately, Randy really is some sort of wedding dress guru - he's amazing!!
I hope you've gotten some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Yeah the shopping update! You can't go to New York and not go shopping.
I guess it's kinda like a woman's PTR and talking about shoes and bags.

Quote:
Sounded like the subway ride was a real adventure, loved that they got some entertainment. I think they might enjoy the street entertainment in the French Quarter in New Orleans too.
As long as it's musical entertainment. Some of the other sights are rather eye-opening in New Orleans.

Quote:
I know what Kleinfield's! I would love to look around in there too.
Lauren got a big kick out of that.

Quote:
I'm glad both Lauren and Judy found something to buy, it wouldn't be good to come home empty handed.
Oh no, that'd be awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Subbing! Better late than never, right? I enjoyed your 2010 TR, so I'm sure I will enjoy this one, as well!
Hey, PrincePluto! Thanks for subbing, and I'm really glad that you enjoyed the 2010 trip report. We aim to please. And we haven't even scratched the surface of this repot yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a fun NY kind of day! Going to SoHo, shopping, taking the subway
Yep-er.

Quote:
Great job recognizing Abe Lincoln!
Some presidents are just more recognizable than others. Poor Teddy...he makes it onto Mount Rushmore and still people overlook him!

Quote:
Glenn, aren't you glad Lauren put you on notice she'll be buying her dress at Kleinfield's?
Yeah, believe me, I noticed that. I also noticed that she said she needs to be saving...which may sound good, but I thought she was saving for college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Checking in again! I'd have posted sooner but I just got my left eye operated on!
Oh bummer, Squidge! That means that you didn't get any of the jokes that I put in that chapter that can only be detected with the right side of the brain -- you'll have to re-read it when you're back to full-strength. Seriously though, I hope your recovery goes well.

Quote:
Anyway another awesome update! Surprised at how cheap the subway was!
It seems like a good way to get around, as long as you stay safe.

Quote:
Those smoothie places are spreading fast too. The new wtc looks pretty stunning.
Judy found them on a trip to Chicago and has since looked them up in other places like NYC.

Quote:
That parking place looks really funny, I must admit that the name could well have sprung from the mind of glennbo and his tp's
The name did go quite well with the unusual style of parking they used!

Quote:
Oh and im glad they survived the shadier aspects of city life, when I went to London at 16 with my friends we found out how easy it was to cross into a shady area :S luckily it turned out well in the end
I'm glad to hear that!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #652
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Glenn - Are you SURE you didn't edit that in there?
I knew I'd be accused of that! And wondered who the accuser would be.

Quote:
I have to admit, I often watch the tail end of this show during my lunch break. I really do enjoy it and most of those dressed are just stunning. Plus, Randy is a hoot.
I've seen a few episodes...what am I supposed to do when the girls are hogging the TV? It's amazing the drama they can cook up on that show -- friends who want to take the place of the salesperson, or mothers who have very different tastes than the bride, etc. etc.

Quote:
Well, I can't see the pics now, but I enjoyed the update all the same. I would really, really love to see Ground Zero and its on my bucket list. I hope it happens soon.
Judy and Lauren discovered how easy it is to get up there for a day...you should make a day-trip out of it.

Quote:
Sounds like another really fun day. Can't believe your NYC trip is almost over.
We have the evening of this day to cover and the trip home, but the pictures kind of peter'd-out so we'll cover it in one chapter. Then you're back to my writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
New meaning to the urban jungle!
Urban forest!

Quote:
Cute dress
It was some kind of wrap-thing that you could wrap/tie a whole bunch of different ways. Whatever...A t-shirt's good for me!

Quote:
Fun first subway ride! I think it's hard to keep a subway station, anywhere, from seeming a little creepy. Neat that you got to at least see some of the memorial and the new building. I think it's a big city requirement to have conspiracy theorists of some sort on the street spouting off.
The subway's in the basement of the city, how could it not be creepy?

Quote:
Love that! Although I feel like I'm watching Cars2
The only thing I could think about was cars dripping oil and other fluids onto other cars. I mean, think about all of the spots you see in parking lots. I wouldn't want them on my hood or roof. Nu-uh.

Quote:
I've never been to Kleinfelds but it would be very very cool to see!
She really wanted to see it, and you can see how excited she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Lauren. What a fun day of shopping. I've never seen that show on TV about the weddings (although my future daughter-in-law watches it often).
Oh yes, I bet Alisha does! It doesn't cover the weddings too much, just the drama of picking out a dress. Turns out, there's a lot of drama in that, quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks for the photos of the new World Trade Center.
You got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am a day late and a dollar short !! So I concede this update to who ever evented/ guessed /made up the correct answer
That would be Pat.

Quote:
I am at such a disadvantage not being able to see these pictures at work, but now I can clearly see body appendages on two Judys and the face of a third.
You guys are seeing them everywhere now! I looked at my Sgt. Pepper's album cover and saw 3 or 4 of them!

Quote:
You know - when I cut and pasted that picture before I had no idea the cars were actually stocked. Reminds of something one might see in a Seinfeld episode.
Yeah, can you see Kramer trying to get out of the car and almost falling?

Quote:
Cute dress.
Thanks. Okay, this is just weird replying to comments like this for Lauren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
I feel like I'm in a CSI episode with these updates! I don't think I've ever spent as much time trying to figure out shadows and reflections.
I believe it. Did you see that we had to resort to freckle analysis with this chapter?

Quote:
We have a few buildings here in Atlanta with trees at or near the top. I guess it's nice to have some shade with your million-dollar patio, right?
Sounds great! How is it, and when are you inviting me over?

Quote:
And I am officially not guessing the Judys this time...but only because I gave myself a headache with the picture CSI.
I understand. Thanks for reading and commenting though!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #653
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I The only thing I could think about was cars dripping oil and other fluids onto other cars. I mean, think about all of the spots you see in parking lots. I wouldn't want them on my hood or roof. Nu-uh.
I think it is a flat bottom under the car so hopefully they would have thought of that.

Quote:
You got it!

That would be Pat.

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #655
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Finished with our day at the museum, we were on our merry way. As we were walking, I saw a statue of Abraham Lincoln and decided to imitate him.
I think you need the hat, Lauren.

Quote:
We sat on the bench and waited for our train. It was actually pretty awesome because the tickets were only $2.50 each! You could go from one end of NYC to the other for only $2.50. Seemed like a bargain to me.
We'll put up with dirty and creepy for that price!

Quote:
And, Mom took a picture they had on the side of what the memorial looks like.
It's a very moving memorial. Thanks for the photos.

Quote:
He was a conspiracy theorist, claiming that the government had planted bombs in the towers. It’s an interesting theory, but I know the truth.
Um...let's move on.

Quote:
Mom bought NYC shirts for everybody in this one store there. We noticed that they didn’t charge us sales tax. Hmmmm.
Um...let's move on. Squirrel!

Quote:
As we were walking around we saw this place that parked cars vertically as well as horizontally. And the phrase that they used cracked us up. It said on the building “Unparalled Parking”.
Cute.

Quote:
They must have someone like Dad working for them.
Glenn! Dude, you're going to sit there and take that?

Quote:
We got to Kleinfeld and they were doing some construction on the storefront.

But, I was excited all the same.
Hey, that's great. What in the heck is Kleinfeld?

Quote:
For those of you who live under a rock,
Like me, apparently.

Quote:
I hope to go back there some day to buy my own dress so I have to start saving now.
Take a look at the price tags first. My wife bought hers on clearance from a discount rack. And she still looked amazing.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #656
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Finished with our day at the museum, we were on our merry way. As we were walking, I saw a statue of Abraham Lincoln and decided to imitate him.
Did you recite the Gettysburg Address as well?

Quote:
Then, we went down to the subway. I took a few pictures of the inside. It was kinda dirty and creepy, but Mom was there with me.
Subway or NYC taxi... which one is actually more dirty and creepy?

Quote:
On the ride down, two boys came on with a boom box and danced while the subway was moving. They were very good. I didn’t take any pictures because I figured I would have to pay them (they came around with a hat when they were done).
Nothing better than a captive audience.

Quote:
Also, when we got off the subway and made our way to the “surface” there was some artwork on the walls.
Most people call it graffiti.

Quote:
I just found that surprising for the subway. It was a pleasant surprise.
Oh... you meant real artwork.

Quote:
They must have someone like Dad working for them. Very clever.
Glenn, does this mean your teenage daughter actually appreciates your fine wit and sense of humor?

Quote:
For those of you who live under a rock, Kleinfeld is a bridal gown store that is like the magical land of wedding dresses.
Apparently, I live under a rock.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #657
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Ack! I'm too late! Oh the travesty, the pure tragedy of it. But I see that Pat took the point this round which somewhat appeases me since it's not Marv.

Love this update Lauren!! Excellent job once again. Love the dress too by the way, very cute.

Wow, thanks for sharing the WTC memorial pictures. That's a day I'll never forget, it was so frightening!

Unparalleled parking!!

Looks like the Jamba Juice was a hit with Judy.

Ah, Kleinfelds! I love Say Yes to the Dress! It's so fun. Some of those bridezillas are a hoot though. And of course you have the proverbial MOH who doesn't like ANYTHING the poor bride tries on and thinks that she's the ONLY one being helpful.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #658
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hmm, 44 pages. I thought to myself, "Well, once again, I have come across one of glennbo's TRs far to late to join in." And then I realized that you haven't even started yet!

I am loving Lauren's TR though!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #659
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I am ready for the next Judy ..Oh I mean update !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #660
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, so close. The correct count, but the wrong picture. We've never counted shadows -- where would it end??? (where fainting is um, fainting)

Ah, good guess. But I know that by this time you have completed your freckle analysis of that arm, comparing it to the last picture in the chapter, and determined that it belongs to Lauren. So, I don't have to tell you that it's wrong; you already know that.

Yes! Just to the right of Lauren, in the window, you can see a reflection of Judy taking the picture.
Wow is the Rules Committee botching this version of the Where is Judy-do contest? Okay, I buy the shadow thing, and I at first thought the arm was Lauren's, but put too much in the very first picture where she has on long sleeves.

But I just am not buying the "reflection" of Judy in the final picture. I stared at that picture endlessly. If you mean the reflection just to the right of Lauren's arm............well, that is clearly a reflection of Lauren's arm.

And if you mean the "shadow" to the right of Lauren's head, that is very tiny, then I am wondering just how that can any more be justified as a Judy than the shadow you rejected. Since when does someone "clearly" take a picture when their arm is at the TOP of their head? The arm should be pretty much at ear level at the highest to be someone taking a picture.

Plus, if you look closely, a reflection of Judy would also include a reflection of the name of the store on the window, and would be in reverse or mirror image, but if you look closely to the very small print near the supposed Judy reflection, the writing is in the same readable order as that on the window behind Lauren.

Am I missing the supposed reflection altogether because I don't see anything that could be prohibitively taken as a sure-fire Judy................???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: