Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #616
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
You got that right Dan! Though I'm sure Marv will come back with some semi-witty comment claiming he aging like a fine wine or something equally ridiculous.
well he is aging,

Quote:
Yes, as Glenn said your documentation was right on! So you should get a technicality pointe. Rules Committee??

I took that last picture to be a person working behind the table too Dan.
i like your thinking

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #617
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We have been having computer network issues here at work since last week. I had a multi quote response written up for the last update when we lost our network once again a couple of hours ago.
Man, there is nothing more frustrating than that. Just a week or two ago I wrote up a great big multi-reply, hit submit, and it went to never-never land. When I hit the Back button, it was back to just the items I was quoting and all that I had written was lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
With that, let me just say yes, Dinosaurs are cool, elephants are cool, and illegal re-entries to museums for an extra picture are just really frickin rebelliously awesome.
That works! Thanks for commenting even though you lost your first attempt.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #618
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, in my mad haste to get in my Judy sightings, I forgot to even comment on Lauren's entry! Sorry Lauren!
She was asking where your comments were.

Quote:
Yes, that is most certainly Teddy Roosevelt. You should really watch the Night at the Museum and Battle at the Smithsonian. Really cute movies with just enough slapstick sarcasm to keep the parents entertained.
I've seen parts of them, but not from start to finish.

Quote:
Very, very cool about Andrew! Even though I don't do bugs, it looked pretty cool. Even if Lauren had to ahem, illegally creep back in like a criminal to snap a picture...
I think he was hired mainly to catalog their bug collection. They have a lot of bugs that nobody has taken the time to identify and label and whatever else it is they do.

Quote:
All the dinosaur pics are too cool. You should really try the one here in DC. I too love all those fossils and maybe even wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger. Though that might have something to do with Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark too.
I'll bet you were the girl in Prof. Jones' class with "I love you" written on your eyelids.

I didn't realize that you lived near D.C. You should have come to the big D.C.-meet that we had back in 2010 (I think it was)...maybe you weren't DISing then. I have been to the Smithsonian Natural History museum -- love it! And I love that those museums are free.

Quote:
Love the smiling turtle! He truly does look as if he's smiling.

Quote:
Sounds like another fantastic day in NYC! Good job!

Quote:
Yay! The universe is saved, whew!
All of humanity.......you're welcome.

Quote:
I'm finally on the board!
Congrats!

Quote:
You got that right Glenn! I come from a long line of hecklers. Pretty much every male in my family is one.
I'd say that at least one female is too.

Quote:
I'm experienced which is probably why Marvie is so scared of me.
Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Quote:
Good one! "Judy, look at this picture of yourself, is that you because Marvie says it is!"
I did tell her that people were wondering about that one. I didn't say who, because I didn't want to bias her one way or another.

Quote:
You know Glenn, I think you should buy Judy a little present for every contest you have in your TR's. For all the scrutinizing we do looking for her, I could probably pick her out of a crowd over my own kids!
I gave her the present ahead of the game -- a trip to Disney.

I was a little surprised that no DISer claimed to have seen her on TV the day they were at the Today show.

Quote:
You got that right Dan! Though I'm sure Marv will come back with some semi-witty comment claiming he aging like a fine wine or something equally ridiculous.
No, he wouldn't do that. At least the witty part.

Quote:
Yes, as Glenn said your documentation was right on! So you should get a technicality pointe. Rules Committee??
He gets his paper held up in class so everyone can see how to document their game submissions. Attaboy!

Quote:
I took that last picture to be a person working behind the table too Dan.
Judy agrees.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #620
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You need to get an iPhone....you can even check on the DIS during meetings, as long as you're and sneaky
Works on my droid too. I really like the app.

Quote:
Man, there is nothing more frustrating than that. Just a week or two ago I wrote up a great big multi-reply, hit submit, and it went to never-never land. When I hit the Back button, it was back to just the items I was quoting and all that I had written was lost.
You are not alone. That has happened to me too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #621
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm behind again.

Great update, Lauren. I love looking at dinosaurs (bugs, not so much). My DH would love your taste in elephants.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #622
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

This game is not Jeopardy so NO take outs !!!As for someone telling Judy about the GameIt has turned out well that she knows and she should definately be on the Rules Committee .Judy we womwn need your help against the Boys !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #623
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo!! Lauren got on tv!!! Awesome!! Ok, I must say that I am really enjoying the whole NY trip. I am however very, VERY glad I missed the bug exhibit!! Do not in any way, shape or form like bugs. Except maybe lady bugs.

Looking forward to more chapters!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #624
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Hello Glennbo Family!

Lauren, some more great updates (and thanks for the tidbits Glenn). That is so exciing that you were on TV. Sorry I did not get to watch it live.

I am also finally caught back up. I am in Bangalore, India for a month for work and I am so busy that I am having trouble keeping up with trip reports. I will read all the installments, so please keep them coming. Good luck at college this fall as I assume you are already there, or close to leaving.

Looking forward to hearing about the SoHo shopping. I have some time in both Paris and NYC on my way home to shop so I am looking forward to hearing about you shopping adventure.

As always, thanks for sharing!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #625
norybell
DIS Veteran

Glenn & Lauren, I just read all the NYC updates in one sitting...I'm loving reading about this city I live in from a newcomer's perspective! Somehow I managed to work at Rock Center for 3 years and never made it to the top of it! And that's so great that Lauren got to be on tv...Glenn, you must've been so excited!

Looking forward to more!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #626
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice update and pics.

I love to walk along the par or inside. Glad to see you met your friend.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #627
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glenn and others who have wished for Torpedo pix , check out my Cape Cod TR not torpedoing but fuel for frivolity at my expense
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #628
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So far, so good. She's asked that we send some things that we had recommended she take and she decided to not take our advice. Yes, it does already feel quieter, especially when the other kids are at activities -- my gosh, we're on our way to being "empty nesters"! How did that happen?

I know you turn around twice and they are gone! We have been realizing we were the ages of our boys when we moved here, and our boys were the ages of our grandkids in Texas. I don't know where that time went, but we are trying to point out to them how fast it goes and to prepare for the future and to stop and make memories! Which I think they are both good at - partly because of our Disney trips, I think.

No one's claimed her room...it's the unofficial guest room; she always had to temporarily move in with Marlene when someone visited, so we'll keep it that way unless someone gets some wild ideas.

I thought it said, "no one's CLEANED her room

I thought I might as well mention it before you guys point it out. I think it was Pat who had a post one time where she said she couldn't remember the bus driver's name but had a picture of him with "Dave" (or something) clearly displayed on his name badge.
That sounds like something I would do!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #629
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Works on my droid too. I really like the app.
I noticed that with the iPhone, it doesn't include pictures in the quotes...so if you want to comment on an particular picture and include it in the quote, you have to do it through Safari rather than the app. Kind of a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You are not alone. That has happened to me too.
I'm sure it's happened to everyone who is beyond the designation of "earning my ears".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, I'm behind again.
No worries at all Kathy. If it's any consolation, I'm behind on your thread too! (Among others.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Lauren. I love looking at dinosaurs (bugs, not so much). My DH would love your taste in elephants.
You're a giraffe girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
This game is not Jeopardy so NO take outs !!!
Lookit you, telling the Rules Committee what the rules should be. Hmmpf.

Quote:
As for someone telling Judy about the GameIt has turned out well that she knows and she should definately be on the Rules Committee .Judy we womwn need your help against the Boys !!!!
I'll pass this message on to her right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Woo hoo!! Lauren got on tv!!! Awesome!!
It was really cool from my perspective, watching from home, and I know they enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Ok, I must say that I am really enjoying the whole NY trip. I am however very, VERY glad I missed the bug exhibit!! Do not in any way, shape or form like bugs. Except maybe lady bugs.

Looking forward to more chapters!
Understandable about the bugs. How are you with the bat exhibit at Animal Kingdom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Hello Glennbo Family!
Hiya Disneybuckeye!

Quote:
Lauren, some more great updates (and thanks for the tidbits Glenn). That is so exciing that you were on TV. Sorry I did not get to watch it live.
I thought for sure that some DISer would tell me that they saw them, but no.

Quote:
I am also finally caught back up. I am in Bangalore, India for a month for work and I am so busy that I am having trouble keeping up with trip reports. I will read all the installments, so please keep them coming. Good luck at college this fall as I assume you are already there, or close to leaving.
Wow, that's exciting, being in India. I'm sure it's quite a culture shock.

Yep, Lauren's now at college and classes start tomorrow. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about the SoHo shopping. I have some time in both Paris and NYC on my way home to shop so I am looking forward to hearing about you shopping adventure.

As always, thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! I'm not sure if the chapter'll help much, but we'll try.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #630
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Glenn & Lauren, I just read all the NYC updates in one sitting...I'm loving reading about this city I live in from a newcomer's perspective!
It's got to be quite interesting for you New Yorkers.

Quote:
Somehow I managed to work at Rock Center for 3 years and never made it to the top of it!
You should go before the baby arrives...there will be no free time after that!

Quote:
And that's so great that Lauren got to be on tv...Glenn, you must've been so excited!
If they had only gotten on during one of those "pan the crowd" shots (which is what I expected) I would've thought "yay, I saw them"....but when Lauren was right smack-dab between the hosts, I was beside myself!

Quote:
Looking forward to more!
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice update and pics.
Thanks Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I love to walk along the par or inside. Glad to see you met your friend.
It seems like a very nice park, and it was cool that they knew somebody who worked at the museum and got to see him in bug-displaying action.

Quote:
Glenn and others who have wished for Torpedo pix , check out my Cape Cod TR not torpedoing but fuel for frivolity at my expense
Ahhh, okay. After a bit. Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
That sounds like something I would do!
It is easy to do, and makes for entertaining reading. "Ah hello, did you even look at these pictures you're posting?"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: