Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #496
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
This next one is of me on the pier overlooking the Hudson. We noticed the Statue of Liberty in the distance, but you can barely see it in the picture. I’ll give you a hint. It’s in between the two boats waaaay in the background.
I see it! This was back when it was closed for renovations, right?

Quote:
I made sure to get it at every angle.
What did we do before digital cameras?

Quote:
I just have to say, the one guy serving us was very good looking. Sigh…and he was probably too old for me, but it’s nice just to look.
Glenn, are you reading this?

Quote:
I took this picture of a space shuttle on some sort of ship because you don’t see that every day.
Cool!

Quote:
This place with the huge frame and nets is a driving range. It was originally destined for the Titanic when it made its voyage from Europe. So, now people play golf there.
Playing golf >> sailing on the Titanic.

Quote:
There’s Ellis Island. I think the Captain said about 1 in 3 Americans can trace their roots back to Ellis Island.
It's worth the visit!

Quote:
Some pictures of bridges that I’m having trouble remembering the names of. But they’re pretty, aren’t they?
It's ok, Lauren. The engineers are used to it.

Quote:
We were stuffed to the gills
Wow, and this isn't even Barry's TR.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #497
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
That boat tour is neat! I didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty until about 3 years ago...on a dinner cruise!
I was a little worried about that boat tour after I booked it. I re-looked at the picture of the boat online and wondered if it was even seaworthy! 'Course I never told them that. But they loved it! They preferred that boat to some of the other, larger ones they saw.

I still have never seen the Statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh my goodness did I actually see one of your posts early enough to make a Judy guess?????
Yes you did! Good timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed the cruise! Looks like it was a lot of fun on a beautiful day!
It did look like a lot of fun on a beautiful day. --And that's exactly what I thought when they texted me that picture of them in front of the Statue, and I was sitting in a meeting at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Another great update!
Gee thanks GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrBiscuit View Post
Am I the only one staring at the helicopter photo trying to decide if the blob on the left is a person plunging to their death or a blob of pigeon poo?
Yeah, and what's with that sign they're holding? The one that says "Geronimooooo!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsRBurnin View Post
Rosie's slow mo trip and tumble would make for some entertaining video editing.

Hmmm...there is always photoshop and stop motion....
Mr. Bill would be a perfect stand-in for Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Tell Lauren she got some fabulous pictures. That boat really was pretty.
Thanks Vanessa, I will.

Quote:
I also noticed she appreciates a nice looking guy too. Have you shown her Pat's story?
Somehow I forgot to mention Pat's story.

Quote:
Lauren does a great job of narrating, I felt like I was there. Did she say anything about the size of Lady Liberty. Michelle thought she would be bigger especially after seeing GhostBusters II.

Sounds like they had a very full day.
Hmm, I don't remember them saying anything about the size of the statue versus what they expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am NOT going to repeat that , or shall I rephrase that I have NO intention of WVAH repeating that, butttt we all lnow me anything is possible !!
Lauren GREAT update , we have a LACKAWANA near Buffalo !!
I'm familiar with the Buffalo Lackawana...everybody should have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
when i saw this picture i have seen it before but from a different angle...jenny105 (i think that is who had this picture) was on a disney cruise out of NYC and had a picture on the disney cruise ship which is on the left hand side taking a picture of the space shuttle on the boat.

pretty neat.
I can't remember what was going on at the time....maybe it was on its way to the Smithsonian or something?
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #498
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry I'm behind again (I really hate when real life gets in the way of my DIS life!).

Great updates, Lauren. Love the photos when you and your mom were at Top of Rock (great views of the City buildings). And that little cruise boat is just the size of boat I like to be on...not too small, not too big. You do a great job of describing the photos and your feelings.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #499
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

since we are taking reflections as judy sightings..(not in this update mind you)

are we taking shadows?

if so i would like to file a motion to say 3 judys..the two obvious ones and the judy shadow on the table/plate where she is taking a picture of her sushi.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #500
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

A great tour by the sounds of it. That Titanic-related-pic was very interesting. I guess they need all the space they can get in a city so dense.

Great updates
(All Offsite, 14 Days. WDW, US/IOA, SeaWorld and KSC)

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 07, London 08 and 09, Malta 07/2011.

NEXT TRIP: Unknown
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #501
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good guesses all! The Rules Committee has reviewed all of the photographs in this chapter very carefully, and has even gone so far as to re-enact the boat trip with a full-size replica of the Manhattan (the boat they toured on) with James and Marlene playing the parts of other tour patrons and Swiffer as the Statue of Liberty. With the assistance of CSI personnel, we lined-up all of the angles of observation, analyzed blood splatter (not sure how that got in there ), and ran DNA tests, just to name a few.

It turns out that the correct answer is....2. The reflection in the table, the hands on a camera, the tuft of hair, all belonged to someone else or weren't a person at all, in the case of the table reflection.

So, this round goes to Kelly!!!

Updated Scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 1 Judy-sighting win
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Yes! I thought I was going crazy when everyone was saying 3!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #502
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good guesses all! The Rules Committee has reviewed all of the photographs in this chapter very carefully, and has even gone so far as to re-enact the boat trip with a full-size replica of the Manhattan (the boat they toured on) with James and Marlene playing the parts of other tour patrons and Swiffer as the Statue of Liberty. With the assistance of CSI personnel, we lined-up all of the angles of observation, analyzed blood splatter (not sure how that got in there ), and ran DNA tests, just to name a few.

It turns out that the correct answer is....2. The reflection in the table, the hands on a camera, the tuft of hair, all belonged to someone else or weren't a person at all, in the case of the table reflection.

So, this round goes to Kelly!!!

Updated Scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 1 Judy-sighting win
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Congrats to Kelly! If I had been online when you finally posted (after stalking you all afternoon) I would have said two also. I think by the sounds of it, most on here would have, but since that guess was already taken you have to try and be creative and hope. And kudos to the Rules Committee for their use of family during the extensive research required to confirm the official answer.

I loved the hands on the camera answer because, well, everyone knows you can easily take a picture of the back of your own camera while you are holding it. Apparently whoever guessed that is oblivious to that little piece of info........ Probably an engineer or something............. I think you should get a couple extra bonus points in somebody's contest for that one...........

Love you Mark!!!

Quote:
Yeah, and what's with that sign they're holding? The one that says "Geronimooooo!"
Chik-fil-a cow maybe???

Quote:
Mr. Bill would be a perfect stand-in for Rosie.
Or versa vice-a!!!!

Quote:
Somehow I forgot to mention Pat's story.
Again? REALLY?????

BTW, that boat of some kind that the Space Shuttle is resting on is the USS Intrepid, the WWII vintage Aircraft Carrier that was featured in the original National Treasure movie that Nicolas Cage "jumped" off of when he disappeared into the Hudson River. Knowing Lauren, I'm sure she would have thought this if she had realized.

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #503
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I loved the hands on the camera answer because, well, everyone knows you can easily take a picture of the back of your own camera while you are holding it. Apparently whoever guessed that is oblivious to that little piece of info........ Probably an engineer or something............. I think you should get a couple extra bonus points in somebody's contest for that one...........

Love you Mark!!!
Here in the 21st century, it is not uncommon for a teen to have her own camera. Or even to take a picture on a phone! What'll they think of next?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #504
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

oh my goodness, that sushi looks SOOO yummy right now!

Not that I didn't love the harbor tour, because it really looked wonderful and lovely weather but I've loving the sushi pic. And the chopsticks pic, it's just a super cute one of Lauren!

Great narration and I can absolutely see why Judy picked that as her profile pic
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #505
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, what a fun and busy day!! Talk about a cool boat cruise!! Lauren, you would be my kind of tour guide!! Loved seeing the shuttle, the blue building, just wish you would have taken a picture of your too old for you eye candy!!!

Fantastic update and what wonderful pictures of you and your Mom together!!

Looking forward to more!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #506
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great harbor cruise! Looks like it was a beautiful day. Great pictures and I love the descriptions and impressions Lauren gives about the buildings and boats and other landmarks (like Lackawanna)

I'm with Cynthia- sushi looks YUM!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #507
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Lauren! I don't think I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Top of the Rock chapter - I was so busy getting my Judies in! Loved the Charlie Chaplin picture Great job on the boat tour, too. It was cool to see all the different architecture.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #508
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good time! Love the pictures - and how neat to see the space shuttle on the ship.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
ddstratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #509
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I see it! This was back when it was closed for renovations, right?
Yes. Maybe they're adding some interactive elements to the queue like Disney did with Space Mountain!

Although I see a bunch of people on the island, so I guess you could go out to it, but not in it.

Quote:
What did we do before digital cameras?
I know that we didn't give cameras to kids and say "here, go take a bunch of random pictures."

Quote:
Glenn, are you reading this?
No, I was busy delivering meals to Lauren and Marlene in the towers I have them locked in.

Quote:
It's worth the visit!
I remember your write-up of your day-trip.

Quote:
It's ok, Lauren. The engineers are used to it.

Quote:
Wow, and this isn't even Barry's TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm so sorry I'm behind again (I really hate when real life gets in the way of my DIS life!).
No worries Kathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates, Lauren. Love the photos when you and your mom were at Top of Rock (great views of the City buildings). And that little cruise boat is just the size of boat I like to be on...not too small, not too big. You do a great job of describing the photos and your feelings.
Their boat tour was a big hit...they loved that boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
since we are taking reflections as judy sightings..(not in this update mind you)

are we taking shadows?

if so i would like to file a motion to say 3 judys..the two obvious ones and the judy shadow on the table/plate where she is taking a picture of her sushi.

No, I, I mean the Rules Committee, feels that including shadows would be too hard to keep track of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
A great tour by the sounds of it. That Titanic-related-pic was very interesting. I guess they need all the space they can get in a city so dense.
Wow, you just dissed a whole city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Great updates
Thanks Squidge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Yes! I thought I was going crazy when everyone was saying 3!
You're not going crazy! I thought there might be some reflections with all of those windows, but no.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #510
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats to Kelly! If I had been online when you finally posted (after stalking you all afternoon) I would have said two also. I think by the sounds of it, most on here would have, but since that guess was already taken you have to try and be creative and hope. And kudos to the Rules Committee for their use of family during the extensive research required to confirm the official answer.
You were stalking my thread, while I was stalking Mark's.

Quote:
I loved the hands on the camera answer because, well, everyone knows you can easily take a picture of the back of your own camera while you are holding it.
That's one picture I asked Lauren about before I posted it....I knew that the picture was taken with Judy's iPhone, but I wasn't sure if they had taken another camera and if those were Judy or Lauren's hands. Lauren said that she had gone to a different level of the boat and those hands and camera belonged to another tourist, not Judy, who stayed below.

Quote:
Chik-fil-a cow maybe???
Did you ever notice that they apparently got Dan to write their signs for them ---> "Eat mor chiken"

Quote:
BTW, that boat of some kind that the Space Shuttle is resting on is the USS Intrepid, the WWII vintage Aircraft Carrier that was featured in the original National Treasure movie that Nicolas Cage "jumped" off of when he disappeared into the Hudson River. Knowing Lauren, I'm sure she would have thought this if she had realized.
Ahhh, I did not know that. I've seen parts of that movie, probably not start-to-finish, but the kids have.

Quote:
Here in the 21st century, it is not uncommon for a teen to have her own camera. Or even to take a picture on a phone! What'll they think of next?
♪ ♪ ♫ Everything's up to date in Kansas City
They've gone about as fur as they kin go
They went and built a skyscraper 7 stories high ♪ ♪ ♫

Okay, I'll stop singing now. Anyone know what that's from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
oh my goodness, that sushi looks SOOO yummy right now!
Yeah, looks good to me too!

Quote:
Not that I didn't love the harbor tour, because it really looked wonderful and lovely weather but I've loving the sushi pic. And the chopsticks pic, it's just a super cute one of Lauren!
She looked ready to dig in.

Quote:
Great narration and I can absolutely see why Judy picked that as her profile pic
It's a nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh my gosh, what a fun and busy day!! Talk about a cool boat cruise!! Lauren, you would be my kind of tour guide!! Loved seeing the shuttle, the blue building, just wish you would have taken a picture of your too old for you eye candy!!!
Thanks ShortStuff! (It's okay with me that she didn't take a picture!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Fantastic update and what wonderful pictures of you and your Mom together!!

Looking forward to more!!
You can tell they were really enjoying themselves, can't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great harbor cruise! Looks like it was a beautiful day. Great pictures and I love the descriptions and impressions Lauren gives about the buildings and boats and other landmarks (like Lackawanna)

I'm with Cynthia- sushi looks YUM!
They had a GREAT afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great updates, Lauren! I don't think I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Top of the Rock chapter - I was so busy getting my Judies in! Loved the Charlie Chaplin picture Great job on the boat tour, too. It was cool to see all the different architecture.
Thanks for swinging back with some comments.

My guess is that picture's from the movie "City Lights", the woman looks like the actress from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Sounds like a good time! Love the pictures - and how neat to see the space shuttle on the ship.
They really had a wonderful time!

As their trip planner, I had to pull a few strings to get the space shuttle there in time for their harbor tour.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: